Shift

THIS POLL WAS MADE IN 2013  

179 users have voted

1. 1. Lunar Republic or Solar Empire

• Lunar Republic
    • Solar Empire
    • Neutral

• 4 months later...

Personally, I prefer the Lunar Republic.  I'm not that big of a fan of Celestia, and the though of a republic instead of an empire is more appealing to me.  I mean, would you want a corrupt family being in charge and the power of the king or queen going to their child?  Or would you rather have the chance of a corrupt leader being elected?

• Brohoof 1

I'd probably choose the Celestial Empire! Celestia is one of my favourites really, so it's preety logical i'd choose her. :P

Luna is cool also, i just haven't seen that much to be persuaded to her side...

The Celestial Empire.

Celestia currently holds most of the power over Equestria. So, it would make sense to follow her instead of following someone starting an uprising, with less power and less followers. Everypony seems pretty happy with Celestia's reign already (she also has the Elements of Harmony on her side). So it's kinda obvious what would be the better choise in my opinion. :P

• Brohoof 1

Neither. Why would you want to be stuck in an endless monarchy under an immortal Goddess who clearly has some personality issues? I bid you rise against the tyranny, give the rule of Equestria back to free ponies as it once was.

i like Luna better but i think that Celestia is a better leader and knows whats right and wrong. But the both lead together so there is no need to worry

Edited by Big Jack
  • Brohoof 2

I am a big fan of the night and Princess Luna is my favorite if the Princesses so naturally I am all for the Lunar Republic.

Not only is Princess Luna awesomely adorable but she is also quite badass as she can go into your dreams as well

• Brohoof 2

Celestial Empire.

Look, I love Luna, but technically if I joined the Lunar Republic I'd be also supporting Nightmare Moon. You know, the same Nightmare Moon would could've potentially made it always nighttime. What happens if the sun never rises? The world freezes and is extremely cold, entire species would die, the ponies wouldn't be able to grow food anymore...

So essentially, I'd be supporting the being that could have single-handedly killed everything if the mane 6 hadn't stepped in and defeated her. 

I hate it when people blame Celestia and say that Celestia an evil tyrant that wasn't justified when she set her sister to the moon. She probably didn't exactly have a choice. It was either send your sister to the moon, or be possibly overtaken by the evil-being that corrupted your sister. If she didn't send her to the moon EVERYONE WOULD PROBABLY DIE. Sure, Celestia may have felt guilty, but she did the right thing. Remember, she sent Nightmare Moon to the moon, not Luna. Luna was basically corrupted the whole time. 

Edited by Rarietty
  • Brohoof 1

Honestly, I find Luna to be a more interesting character then Celestia. So i'd have to go with lunar republic.

Ps. Does anyone else find it weird that Celestia doesn't actually have her own episode, and even Luna does?(just saying.)

• Brohoof 1

Celestial Empire. As much as i love both candidates, i like Celestia the most. I believe her to be a more straight ruler, plus she is the most powerful of Alicorn that we have seen so far.

• Brohoof 1

Ungrateful plebes. Has Celestia not been good to you? Has she not always put your happiness and prosperity above her own? To speak such heresy would be a crime punishable by death were your princess not so merciful. Thank your lucky stars that milady continues to display such unfathomable patience for your blasphemy.

I choose the Crystal Empire because crystal ponies. Who doesn't like crystal ponies? I mean, come ON!

Also, the Celestial "Empire" isn't really much of an empire...seems more like a Kingdom to me. -_-

I think the most appropriate answer to this question is similar to what Celestia said to Luna right after Nightmare Moon was defeated. The sun and the moon were meant to rule together in harmony.

This right here. Choosing a side is to remain ignorant of the balance that needs to be in all things for mistakes to be understood and learned from.

I think both candidates have their faults, and thus, I would choose a stable environment in both day and night. Because like the show says, in order to obtain perfect harmony, the two sisters must work together to make it happen.

To me the Lunar Republic just sounds a lot cooler than Celestial Empire, so I'd have to go with the Lunar Republic for that reason. + luna is the better than Celestia in my opinion.

Celestial Empire.

Look, I love Luna, but technically if I joined the Lunar Republic I'd be also supporting Nightmare Moon. You know, the same Nightmare Moon would could've potentially made it always nighttime. What happens if the sun never rises? The world freezes and is extremely cold, entire species would die, the ponies wouldn't be able to grow food anymore...

So essentially, I'd be supporting the being that could have single-handedly killed everything if the mane 6 hadn't stepped in and defeated her. 

I hate it when people blame Celestia and say that Celestia an evil tyrant that wasn't justified when she set her sister to the moon. She probably didn't exactly have a choice. It was either send your sister to the moon, or be possibly overtaken by the evil-being that corrupted your sister. If she didn't send her to the moon EVERYONE WOULD PROBABLY DIE. Sure, Celestia may have felt guilty, but she did the right thing. Remember, she sent Nightmare Moon to the moon, not Luna. Luna was basically corrupted the whole time. 

I think a lot of people forget that when Luna rose up against Celestia, she was already Nightmare Moon.  Assuming Celestia was a tyrant, just for the sake of argument, that's kinda like overthrowing the Czar and replacing him with Josef Stalin (oh wait...)

But yeah, clearly during Celestia's solo rule, she didn't have constant daytime since that would cause its own extinction-level problems.  Nightmare Moon, meanwhile, wanted constant night, in which case everything slowly freezes and starves to death. Ignoring any and all fanon, Luna has no ill will towards Celestia and doesn't seem to be up to anything other then snooping on people's dreams ;)  So, yeah, I'm gonna have to go with neither in favor of keeping balance.

• Brohoof 3