Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What was the name of first forum you ever joined?

Finesthour

If you are like me, then you have been on many different forums.

Not all capture attention for very long, while others get you to stay, even for years.

Well, as go for many firsts, you almost never forget your first forum.

So, share the name of the forum that introduced you to the kind of websites we have today!

The first forum I ever visited was called AnimeAddicted.

As I found out, another person (DeveloperPony) also went to the forum too, which was YEARS ago now.

Sadly, all that is left of my first forum is rubble.

Posted Image

That place got me into roleplaying, visiting other forums, and my second girlfriend.

So, share your stories ponies!

First forum I ever joined was the Nintendo Nsider forums, way back in the day, when they still existed. I have vague memories of meeting up with this guy and racing on Mario Kart DS with him. Yoshiman or something.

Exciting.

• Brohoof 2

I believe that my first forum was on After Dawn that was like 8 years ago I think? I am pretty sure I went on those forums to ask questions about Runescape... I miss Classic Runescape :wub:

Hmm, my first forum got to be a Swedish forum called ''Fuska.nu''.

Ahh, was an amazing forum, pretty much like this one. And thats how i meet a few of my good friends.

I'm not even sure which forum was my first. I'm pretty sure it was Shiny hunters though since it was a french forum and I remember doing lots of mistakes like double posting or getting my topic locked :blink:

My first forum was Terraria Online, where a made a grand total of 22 posts. I also was on a forum for a Terraria Server I played regularly, I was on it since day one, worked my way up to being the lead admin, just to have the server close down for good 2 days later. ._.

Other than that, MLPForums is the only forum where I have been very active.

Some Nintendo forum...

I din't even remember if it was official or what I even did on it. Mostly just trolled and was annoying, like usual. I actually (kind of, sort of, not really) give intelligent responses on this forum, unlike the others I've been on.

And Funnyjunk, not really a forum but the pony thread used to have 100s of bronies all discussing the latest episode, character, etc. Now it's just trolls, hipsters, and people who pretend to be bronies for attention :/

(edited)

Well, Mweor has a forum on it, and I think I joined that before Fanpop. I'm still on Mweor, but I'm not sure if that counts as a forum...

These are the Mweor forums,

post-4258-0-88068700-1343656506.jpg

then this is Fanpop.

post-4258-0-07486000-1343656572.jpg

Edited by Cherrybomb

MLP Forums :blush: Such a forum newbie. I think the only other forum I have gotten on after this is the DayZ forum but lots of mean people on there :(

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I remember it like it was yesterday.

The site was rayne.hellawack.net, also known as Matrix Rayne, run by a guy known as DJ Peregrine. Primarily, it was for madness interactive mods. Site closed down years ago, but good riddance. It was mostly comprised of 4channers, so most of it was very much like /b/. I got banned from there twice, and eventually left on my own.

This was back in... '03?

Edited by KakeiTheWolf

First ever forum I went on was Bleachforums. It was obviously an anime forum. I think I joined it when I was like... 15/16. I'm 19 now. ahah.

I made quite a lot of friends on there, still in contact with a fair few of them, which is really great :3 I think I generally lost interest in it as I started to fall behind on the anime, and instead of going onto the forums to talk with my friends, I had them on IM's instead. Completely forgot about those forums... but I remember talking about it with one of the friends I made a while back, and surprisingly, it's vanished from existance o.o like, there is no trace what-so-ever of the forums.

(edited)

Dang. Reading this thread makes me feel really old (in Internet years at least). :(

The first forum I ever joined was AnandTech forums back in 2001. 11 years ago… I wrote over 3000 posts on that site. I was a crazed, fire-breathing advocate of Linux back then, so nearly everything I wrote fit into one of the following categories:

• Praising the glories and virtues of Linux
  • Violently insulting the intelligence of Mac/Windows users
  • Aggressively trying to get people to switch operating systems
  • Arguing about the the best Linux distribution
You know, I just went back to that site and my old username and password still work. I used to be so mean… Now look at me. I'm a Mac user for crying out loud. Talk about mellowing with age. :huh:

Every once in a while, I wish I could get the hours of my life back that I spent wildly flailing around on Anandtech forums. But then, I remember how much fun I had. :lol:

Edited by Scootacool
  • Brohoof 1

The first one ever was Jeuxvideo.com wich is... well... some kind of a French 4chan for completely retarded people... Iran away as fast as I could...

Then there was Tour D'Ebène, a forum from a wargames club near my village. Full of cheaters, left after one year.

Then there was Galaxy In Flames, a 40K forum where I spent 4 years before it died of inactivity. I battled the mods in fake flame wars, rp'ed a buckload of characters, from the humble priest to the bio-enhanced psychopath killing everything in sight, and debated about a lot of stuff (religion, racism, immigration, etc) without having any problem at all getting along with the people on it. <-------- YOU SEE THAT PART PEOPLE WHO WANTS RELIGION TOPICS BANNED?

Then there was Frienship is Magic, supposed to be the number one american MLP Forum but it was full of... Mean spirited douchebags so I left

Then I ended up here ^^

I joined GameFAQs ages ago to post about Golden Sun: The Lost Age, and have been posting there ever since. I have had some long periods of time where I just lurk, though

My first forum was Zelda Dungeon, a site that has walkthrus and strategies for all the games as well as complete info, I used to chat in there a lot, now I rarely go there, people I used to chat with rarely go now, but is still a good site to look for Zelda info, news, and walkthrus =)

The year was 1998, at an emulation site called Demon's Bane. Given my age (thirteen at the time), I was a bit of an idiot and contributed very little to anything. In hindsight, everyone probably hated me.

I've been on a great many forums, but I've never been quite as involved elsewhere as I am here.

• Brohoof 4

Dang. Reading this thread makes me feel really old (in Internet years at least). :(

The first forum I ever joined was AnandTech forums back in 2001. 11 years ago… I wrote over 3000 posts on that site. I was a crazed, fire-breathing advocate of Linux back then, so nearly everything I wrote fit into one of the following categories:

• Praising the glories and virtues of Linux
  • Violently insulting the intelligence of Mac/Windows users
  • Aggressively trying to get people to switch operating systems
  • Arguing about the the best Linux distribution
You know, I just went back to that site and my old username and password still work. I used to be so mean… Now look at me. I'm a Mac user for crying out loud. Talk about mellowing with age. :huh:

Every once in a while, I wish I could get the hours of my life back that I spent wildly flailing around on Anandtech forums. But then, I remember how much fun I had. :lol:

3000 Posts... That's ALOT. How long did you stay on that forum for?

Haha, I revisit some old anime forums I used to be in just to troll around xD

First ever forum I went on was Bleachforums. It was obviously an anime forum. I think I joined it when I was like... 15/16. I'm 19 now. ahah.

I made quite a lot of friends on there, still in contact with a fair few of them, which is really great :3 I think I generally lost interest in it as I started to fall behind on the anime, and instead of going onto the forums to talk with my friends, I had them on IM's instead. Completely forgot about those forums... but I remember talking about it with one of the friends I made a while back, and surprisingly, it's vanished from existance o.o like, there is no trace what-so-ever of the forums.

Maybe the website got shut down because it was hosting anime without a license? And then when there are no more members, the forums became empty and it got shut down too? D; . But yeah, I would also want to revisit old forums I haven't been too in a long time.

MLP Forums :blush: Such a forum newbie. I think the only other forum I have gotten on after this is the DayZ forum but lots of mean people on there :(

It's alright. I usually join forums just to download patches, and upgrades. MLP Forums is actually one of the few (and perhaps one of the first) forums that I am actually participating in! That's how great this community is ;D .

The name of the first forum I ever joined was MLP Forums. It's certainly not the first one I heard of, though. I'm usually more of a lurker. A few years ago, I did some massive lurking on Serebii Forums and Smogon Forums. Over time, Serebii's seemed to be full of shitty posts by immature people who had no idea what they were talking about and no desire to know. Smogon's seemed more attractive, since the userbase was overall more mature. Sort of soon after joining here, I joined over there. I only have 16 posts and I doubt anyone knows who I am at all. I'm pretty content with lurking there, though. That pretty much sums up my forum experience, although mspaforums looks pretty dang cool.

The first one I joined was the Twisted Metal Alliance. It was probably the best site for all your Twisted Metal info. The main reason I really like it was because 1) The profile customization options were amazing and 2) It was the only site where I could get some legit info on Twisted Metal 1 (before I bought the game). Too bad it crashed and it's only a temporary forum now.

I started posting at forums back in either 2004 or 2005. It was a Kingdom Hearts forum, I forget which one though. I was there for awhile, I had about 600 posts there as I recall. Eventually I left because I couldn't stand the majority of people there for a wide variety of reasons, biggest one being the sheer number of jerks and hypocrits.