Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What was the name of first forum you ever joined?

Finesthour

My first forum was a site called Zenius-I-Vanisher.com

This was the time when DDR was coming out for the PS3 so I decided I would put my insight on it

I'm still with them right now :3

(edited)

I played a whole lot of Club Penguin as a kid, so I joined some forum called Dock Penguins when I was about 10 or 11. Everyone there treated me like shit and made me feel so insignificant. :( I was just a kid, and I don't know what I said to make them hate me so much. Even so, I'm glad that I left that dump. I don't even dare typing the address in to see if that place is actually still up. I actually had like, over 3000-4000 posts there. I guess I was too dedicated.

Edited by ShinyRibbonsAndSparkles

The first forum? C&C forums. It was a pretty shitty run down forum with no avatars, no sigs, a depressed guy as our admin, and like 2 mods, one of which was never online. Could've been worse though, from what I heard its gotten worse still. I racked up around 1300 posts before I left, gotta love the quote pyramids and flame wars.

Maybe the website got shut down because it was hosting anime without a license? And then when there are no more members, the forums became empty and it got shut down too? D; . But yeah, I would also want to revisit old forums I haven't been too in a long time.

It was more like a discussion site than like, just for looking, there were never really any links, only to like, new manga chapters and stuff that came out. It was just so weird that it disappeared D: I can't find it. I had some proper funny posts on there too! oh well! xD

The first forum I ever joined was in 2010?, the Ultimate Metal Forums for the band Evile, under a really original and clever name (ThatOneDude - DURR HURR), and to this day the forums (as baren as it feels) is still going to this day.

Only about 5 or more members are still active, and the oldest one on the forum has yet to return, but its a cool place to talk metal, video games (sometimes) and metal of most varieties.

(edited)

It was a small forum called Anonymatrix. I got really into RPing there, and I do believe I'm still on the top 10 posters list :P

It was never that huge, only about 150 members, but it was an awesome little community. Everyone knew who everyone was, due to our size, and I met a lot of friends there.

I'm pretty sure it's dead now though, if not only one or two posts are made a day :S a shame if you ask me.

Edited by Eljordo

The first forum I was active on that wasn't an official forum for a game I played was FlyFFWorld.com. It's still there, but the popularity of FlyFF has fallen to abyssmal values. I stayed there for almost 5 years, accumulating somewhere around 5,000 posts. I was even a moderator for a short time!

Gosh, I miss those guys.

First forum I ever participated in was the Gaia Online forums. It was years ago, so nothing I contributed was ever either legible or of any importance and I have been back in forever . After that I joined a Megaman BN RP forum, in which I discovered how terrible I am at forum roleplaying before leaving out of sheer shame. To my knowledge, the megaman forum died out about a year ago along with a companion Starforce RP site.

The first internet community I really got involved with was over at Audio Adrenaline's website in 1996 (yep, the band and website are both still alive and kicking). Forums didn't really exist back then, at least not in the way that we think of today. Instead of a forum, there was just a "wall" where random people would attempt to carry out multiple conversations at once. Soon after that, they added a chat room, which made things much easier.

I enjoyed their music and the community for a few years, but eventually grew out of it.

The first forum I ever joined was called Cosmic Gecko Forums. I joined back in 2005 and it was essentially just a general forum for a bunch of friends from school. It actually still exists, but hasn't seen almost any activity for at least a few years now.

starfleets.st/vb

It was a gaming clan primarily dedicated to Star Trek games, but they also played Halo, which was my reason for joining. It's still active, but everyone I knew is gone.

Co-founder of cod4boards. I was eventually kicked in the nuts and tossed out for no reason other than trying to lead a rebellion on Alpha, another moderator. I was not in good standing at the moment. I am dearly missed by select members who remember me, mainly due to the joking air I always had...

And unlike you butts, they got the joke. Every time.

I keep in touch though...

I'm going to long-story-short this:

I joined a forum quite a long time a go, maybe a year or so, but things quickly turned out to be really nasty for me. I quit that forum and swore never to join any community ever again... and after a few months, I joined MLPForums (I think I didn't join it at first, I was lurking a week or two pre-registering on it).

Well this would be the first forums I can say. I never really joined forums before.

Well I guess I could say the Roblox forums back in 2009. Not exactly a forums site, but there was the forums on there. Oh the fun that was there, getting called a hater for asking for help for building and scripting my place. That is also where I learned about RPlaying, and where I got my start of writing. Oh the memories. I think I had a whole of o little over 4000 posts there. It makes me feel young realizing how late I started using forums compared to some people.

I was eventually kicked in the nuts and tossed out for no reason other than trying to lead a rebellion on Alpha, another moderator.

And unlike you butts, they got the joke. Every time.

So let me get this straight. You led a rebellion against another moderator on a different forum, and while telling that story, you insult the members of this site.

Seems legit. I have no idea why that other site kicked you out.

A nice little community called VGF. I joined in late in the forum's history around 2006 when I was like 12, and I missed the point in time when the forum was super-active, but it's still around today and I still post there. It's a very close-knit community and I love it.

As much as I hate to admit it, it was GameFAQs. It was back in early Spring of 2003, and I was still very much into video games. It was almost the only message board I really even knew of at the time. I really only joined because I found some topics which I found funny. I joined a support forum geared toward teens (which no longer exists, and probably hasn't existed since 2004... if it even made it to that year. lol) very shortly after GameFAQs, but regardless, it was my first forum... Unfortunately.

I never really became active at GameFAQs, though... For two reasons: #1. It was back in the good ol' days of dial-up. Back when the internet took up the phone line and # 2. GameFAQs is full of jerks.

• Brohoof 1

So let me get this straight. You led a rebellion against another moderator on a different forum, and while telling that story, you insult the members of this site.

Seems legit. I have no idea why that other site kicked you out.

Aw, it was a joke. C'mon. That moderator cheated her way into it. We found that out, but she was in good with the other admin. I was from the very beginning.

Again, it was a joke. Seriously, if I was insulting you guys, would I REALLY call you butts? Maybe I should change my comedy to be more straight-forward though, this place and that are a lot different.

I was on some warriors rp site called "Soulclan and Deathclan" about 5 years ago. But there was all this drama and the whole site fell apart. Even though I was only 10, ive been rping ever since.

My first forum was a Call of Duty 4 clan forum back in 2008 (Sometime around then), I was only 11 at the time so I suppose I was a bit stupid, but I made loads of friends there, some of them I still know well. It went defunct a long time ago, so I just continued contact using steam.

Simtropolis forums, I stumbled upon it looking for mods for SC4, and I joined (you had to be a member to download mods, BATs, lots, etc), I'm active there every once in a while, as for be really active, it's here on MLPforums.

I haven't been to so many forums as I tend to stick with it for a while when I find one.

Anyway, I think that the very first forum I joined was serebiiforums, a Pokemon forums. I don't really go there anymore, but my account still exists.