Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Has Anypony been sad lately?

HorrorshowMania

I've been thinking about my future lately and it doesn't look that great, since my studies aren't going that great I'm starting to get worried..

I'm not always sad or angry but when I am it's because of my parents.

I started being sad when I heard school was starting soon. It is my Senior year :C I should be happy yes? But no..I dont wanna start school again! But majorly I have been sad cause my boyfriend got grounded for awhile. Call me a baby or the "overly obsessive" girlfriend..but I love him and I am depressed that I cannot talk to him. He has no access to me at all, that is his grounding..(Kinda retarded) I love talking to him and talking to him makes me feel sooooo happy and alive...but I heard today he might be grounded a bit longer....it kinda pissed me off, but I am heading that way to be sad again..:/

I haven't been that sad lately. I'm either happy or extremely mad. But I know that when December comes around I'll probably be extremely upset. I call it my time of the year. XD

the sadness for me is not going to college and leaving my friends and believe it or not its not even growing up its waking up every day of your life knowing that everything you do will amount to nothing because the only reason your alive is to take over the family buisness and according to your dad "is the only way youll amount to anything"

• 5 years later...

I've been dealing with it for quite some time now.  Just out of the blue, I'll be going along,things will be fine, and BAM i'm hit with a wave of sadness. No reason, no warning, it's just there.  And then, after a few days or whatever, it's gone.

I hate my mind sometimes.

I feel like my life is just this massive mood swing that really has no middle ground. I either wanting to kill myself or laughing out loud to myself about how much I love my life. So yes, I’ve been extremely sad lately, but also extremely happy on occasion. (???)

15 minutes ago, Lunar Glow said:

I feel like my life is just this massive mood swing that really has no middle ground. I either wanting to kill myself or laughing out loud to myself about how much I love my life. So yes, I’ve been extremely sad lately, but also extremely happy on occasion. (???)

I'm no doctor or anything, but that kinda seems like some sorta Bipolar disorder, going from extremely happy to being extremely sad over any given length of time like a cycle. At least that what it seems like as you described it, but again, I'm obviously no doctor :rarity:

As for this thread's question, I'm usually not a very sad person, but this past Thursday night I was feeling really down in the dumps, it was kinda all of a sudden, and I was just miserable the whole night, though the next morning I was feeling better, and I've felt fine since so that's good :fluttershy: 

• Brohoof 1

31 minutes ago, King of Canterlot said:

I'm no doctor or anything, but that kinda seems like some sorta Bipolar disorder, going from extremely happy to being extremely sad over any given length of time like a cycle. At least that what it seems like as you described it, but again, I'm obviously no doctor :rarity:

Yknow its funny you say that because I’ve thought that myself. It’s kinda a relief to know I’m not the only one to wonder. :kindness:

• Brohoof 1

• 6 months later...

I wouldn't say sad, but definitely empty. It's gotten to a point where almost everything is a disappointment, in addition to me being emotionally drained.

In general, I have been feeling sort of depressed, but it's been much, much worse. Lately, it's been a little better since my dad fixed my computer (turns out all he had to do was take out a bad drive and dust it out), and I've gotten to play Borderlands and do dev work without having to use my dad's iffy computer.

I'm sad on and off throughout most days. I think I have a handle on my depression for the time being, but I suppose I still get overwhelmed at times with all the challenges other people have. I want to make other people happy, but I feel pretty powerless in doing that. I can barely even keep myself together.

Yeah I have. I just lost all hope for the human race because the internet thinks that killing someone is a reasonable reaction for them simply being 21-29 years old. Not to mention, I'm so regretful that I didn't live my life to the fullest.

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, I've been very sad because I haven't had a lot of success in a lot of things especially in this year. I feel like everyone I know are doing quite well and I really have nothing to look forward to. I just want to forget about this year as fast as I can.

I'm usually a pretty happy person, but I am susceptible to moments of sadness (I am human after all, :P ).

This last week was one of them. With Christmas coming up, I was thinking about my step-granddad. He passed away earlier this year. 

Lately, it's been my loneliness making me sad. I recently watched a video of friends goofing about with each other and it renewed the pain. I wish I wasn't so scared of what people would possibly say if I try to initiate friendships myself.

I'm sad when I keep seeing people bashing on others just because the victims enjoy the live-action Disney remake and they're being treated like sinners for "enjoying the soulless cash grabs" instead of getting to know why the victim can enjoy those (in the blamer's words) "awful horrible sinful films that spit on the original animated films" 

Those jerks need to accept that even "bad films" can find an audience

Edited by Will Guide

I've actually had a pretty rough couple of months if I'm being honest. My mum died of pancreatic cancer during the middle of October. And then a couple of weeks after that, my cat who I've had for 18 years died of old age. Since then, I've been handling all the official stuff in regards to my mum's estate, such as transfering all the utilities into my name and tying up loose ends here and there. The whole grant of probate is still being handled by the solicitors and I'm hoping everything is finished by the end of the year without any problems. I've had to make so many different phone calls and I'm ashamed to admit that I feel really socially awkward when talking on telephones. It takes me a while just to build up the nerve just to make a call. You know. Pace back and forth, reciting what I'm going to say and desperately hoping I don't sound like an idiot. :mlp_laugh:

So it's kind of been a mix of sadness, fear and anguish for me lately. Whole thing has been a pretty big eye opener of how lonely I am if I'm being honest. I just want to get this year out of the way and for the cold weather to go so that I can clear my head a little more. The cold and the end of the year always makes me feel sleepy and it always feels like everything requires extra effort on my part.

But regardless of how down I have been feeling, I know everything will work out for the awesome in the end. Fall down. Pick myrself back up and fight on! It's gotten me this far and when I reach 2019, I'm going to make that year a darn good one. Spirit all the way and all that stuff! :P

• 4 months later...

Only real saddening thing that's happened to me recently was when my truck suddenly wouldn't start. :( But no worries, I fixed it. :mlp_yeehaa:

Edited by Lucky Bolt
  • Brohoof 1

I was getting pretty sad and frustrated earlier this week when I was helping my brother in renovating his theater. We've been laboring on it for years now and every time we start getting some progress we always end up taking a gigantic step backwards. In this case, like so many others, it wasn't even our fault. But we ended up spending more time, effort and money on an already difficult project because of someone else causing problems. It was soul-crushing, and it made me very sad. I just feel like giving up on the whole thing.