Is Life beautiful?  

145 users have voted

1. 1. Is Life Beautiful?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • It can be.
    • I don't know.
    • its alright.

Life in general, is wondering why we were all created and put on Earth for one purpose only. To live life to the fullest like it is your last day on Earth. Most people take life for granted, while some decide to end their lives shortly or end someone else life before they even begin it.

Life is beautiful at times, but it could get better or worse at times.

Life as in what a person goes through in their journey on earth?

No.

Life as in something that lives? A resounding yes. Plants, from mighty trees, down to tiny ferns. Animals, from majestic lions to humble mussels. Even the skies above me feel alive and breathing. And that, my friends, is beautiful.

This is a tough question to answer....It all depends on what exactly you are asking. There are many beautiful things in life. Snow gently falling to the ground, actual happiness among individuals, positive emotions in general, things that are abstract or physical, there are plenty of beautiful parts to life.

HOWEVER, I emphasize the however here, I feel that life has an unbelievable amount of ugliness to it as well. Disease, hatred, war, bigotry, poverty....There are just so many black areas, and a lot of these things are mostly out of our control and that makes it frightening as well.

I am trying to be as positive as possible, but I truly am not doing so well at it nowadays. I do not care about accomplishing big things in life. Life is pointless, but that does not mean that it should not be enjoyed. I try to enjoy it for the simple pleasures. It is just all of these things, as well as my anxiety, depressions, and self esteem issues that get in the way of that.

So, to me, is life beautiful? Honestly, I think it is random. Sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't, but I do feel that it isn't beautiful more than it is a majority of the time.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Life is hell everyone hates you even your family doesn't like and you get pissy with everyone because of how they treat you like ur retards so it sux (I cried making this post)

Edited by Demon of destruction

(edited)

This thing we call life is such a mess, it's hard to really classify it as a single thing. It's a huge pile of things we believe are one and the same, but are instead so distant that when we develop lies in order to hide from their truth.
I like to think of life on two levels. On one hand we have humanity, life on earth through the eyes of a human. This form of life deals with emotions, society, entertainment, every abstract concept we have put in place. We are a social species, so it's no wonder the amount of interaction has grown, but looking beyond it is solemn. (Whether you believe in a higher power or not, anything divine or holy would be on a different level completely. I consider religion to be abstract. That doesn't mean I reject a higher power.)
When you think on a larger scale, although it isn't entirely possible for us, there is nothing. No happiness, just empty space, energy, and matter. A huge thrashing cloud of all of the things that exist that will continue to exist far after we die. Oh, here's the sad thing I was thinking about.
The mind may seem connected to the world and in contact with others because it is in control of a physical body and can sense the physical world. However, it is alone. It can be sent information from outside, and it can said information back out, but it will never be there. Also, unless you believe in souls playing a part in individuality our conscious minds are only very advanced machines that can break and are usually born broken. We are finite.
However, it is always nice to keep living and see if we can beat this old game. We have three choices really: Kill each other off, create things in this world and learn whilst doing so, or die trying. Although an afterlife might be nice, this one is just fine in my book.
OH OH OH.
ALLLLSOOOO...
Remember the love? The love you feel or felt towards your parents, the love you feel with a partner or the love you seek? Well, we love our parents because they nurture us, brought us into this world. There is no other reason. We are obligated, our mind are manipulated from birth. Then the hormones, the chemicals. They prepare your reproductive organs and body for sex with another human. The "love" we seek is another impulse. We want to reproduce. There is no free will, only the design set in place by a creator or by evolution. The sadness you feel is caused by a chemical too. And the happiness. I wouldn't recommend death as a solution to this life, but I think the only peculiar thing is that this same mind often times ends up killing itself.

Life is hell everyone hates you even your family doesn't like and you get pissy with everyone because of how they treat you like ur retards so it sux (I cried making this post)

Here's an interesting concept. The pain you may have felt writing that, possibly anger towards some people who have hurt you, it's uncomfortable. It impairs you, feeds the growing desire in you to stop living.
Now see through their eyes. The painful lives they've lived, their troubled brains that are so blind to how much they hurt you. Perhaps they don't know the pain enough to care, or know it too much to pity you. They may be tired too, angry at the world because all of the love they gave was never returned. We all do things for a reason, and if we could read minds I'm sure we'd all be a lot more empathetic.

Edited by Doctor Docile

beau·ty
[byoo-tee]
noun, plural beau·ties.
1. The quality present in a thing or person that gives intense pleasure or deep satisfaction to the mind, whether arising from sensory manifestations (as shape, color, sound, etc.), a meaningful design or pattern, or something else (as a personality in which high spiritual qualities are manifest).

I can think of many things in Life that meet that criteria. :)  Several I have Done/Seen, Several I have not and Several I would Like to Do/See.   Yeah there is a lot of bad stuff too,  but Positive Effort, Positive Rewards. 

So yes! I would Say Life is Beautiful!

Life can really suck at times, but you gotta look at the things that make you happy. For some, its a special someone, a special song, close friends, etc. I'll be honest, I've had moments in life where it just looked like death was better than whatever comes next. You gotta MAKE life beautiful. You can look up at the sky at night, relax, whatever you need to do. But I personally believe, life can only be beautiful if you make it seem beautiful.

• 3 weeks later...

Life absofuckinglutly stunning wink.png

i love living there is nothing more beautiful (exept me laugh.png )....that was just a joke btw 

anyways i love life nuff said

have fun living you guys wink.png

2qdy5o0.jpg

Yes of course life does happen to have its moments of beauty. I think making lasting friendships and spending that time with those you love is a beauty of life. However with all things that are good there are many moments of pain and struggling. But embrace those good times because there are not many to be had in this life. Live your life to the fullest and don't compare yourself to other people around you. You are an unique individual. Don't let others put you down because you know what you are capable of.

• Brohoof 1

We have the capacity to be great and make the world amazing, but we keep shooting ourselves in the foot. So yeah life can be beautiful. The emergence of new life is always beautiful. It also has a great capacity to be cruel, all life not just humans. Things kill things all the time just for fun and territorial reasons, not just for food. So really life is whatever we make it. 

• Brohoof 1

• 4 years later...

As a whole? In my opinion, yes. There's just so much to see, and so much to do in this vast world of ours. Don't even get me started on the many amazing things that folks do every day, big or small~! :squee: The world has a dark side, yes, but I think the trade-off we get is worth it. Be sure not to take what you have for granted; there will almost always be someone who has less.

(edited)

Life is inherently beautiful. It's miraculous and filled with countless treasures, but also harsh realities. Unfortunately it's also human nature to be imperfect and to bring that imperfection and weakness into the equation. As long as the good can outbalance the bad, life can definitely be beautiful. 

Edited by Dreambiscuit
  • Brohoof 2

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I would say so, yes. :grin: It can be cruel, it can be uncertain, it can be dire... but when all is said and done, this is a life well worth living, especially if you put enough effort in, at least in my opinion.

• Brohoof 1

I don't know or don't care. life is whatever one can make of it. 

Edited by TBD

I believe life is indeed beautiful. Sure, it has its moments of grief, pain, misery. It has its lows. But there are so many things in this life that make you realize how beautiful it really is. 

How about when a baby takes its first breath? Or opens its eyes for the first time and sees the brand new world around it? Or what about the support and love of friends and family any time you need it? Or the wonder in a child's eyes with each new thing he learns and sees around him? How about the beat of your own heart? 

Yeah. There are bad spots but in spit of that, life is a beautiful thing.

• Brohoof 1