1. 1. Is Life Beautiful?

• Yes.
    • No.
    • It can be.
    • I don't know.
    • its alright.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

It’s just an average thing.  There can be beautiful aspects to it for me.  Like my friends and family, traveling, and stuff like that. 

But the ugly side for me is that I’m not too thrilled about having been forced to be here.  It’s like being thrown into some random dodgeball game where people just throw balls at you and you don’t know how to play.  

And I’ll just end this with saying that it’s not beautiful enough for  me to want to bring a child of my own into the world to experience it. 

• 1 month later...

It could be... except for one little problem: people.  People exist, and therefore, life is a pit toilet full of diarrhea, vomit, rat carcasses, and toxic waste.  It always has been, and it always will be.

I am Justin Case, Lord and Master of Pessimism.  Look, ye mighty, on my works, and despair! 

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Justin_Case001 said:

It could be... except for one little problem: people.  People exist, and therefore, life is a pit toilet full of diarrhea, vomit, rat carcasses, and toxic waste.  It always has been, and it always will be.

I am Justin Case, Lord and Master of Pessimism.  Look, ye mighty, on my works, and despair! 

You fall too short to be the lord and master of pessimism. Woe is you

• Brohoof 2

• 1 year later...

@Justin_Case001

That's not really true. Not all people are terrible and while there are bad people, there are also many people who make this planet a lot better of a place to live. You will always have bad apples in the world but you don't have to let them spoil the rest of the good apples, so to speak. I find life beautiful as it lets you experience so much that I would be sad without my life. Though I suppose I wouldn't know how good life is without having my life so that is a little contradictory but whatever hehe.

@Sven Utacien

That's the spirit! We have to spread all of the positive vibes hehe. One of my favorite things about life is how beautiful music is. Right now I've just been listening to this nightcore version of "Save Your Tears" by The Weekend and it's so beautiful to hear. I know it's a break up song but it's so beautiful to listen to hehe. 

• Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, Scarlet02 said:

That's not really true. Not all people are terrible and while there are bad people, there are also many people who make this planet a lot better of a place to live.

I forgot what I said in this thread and had to look at my post again.  It made me crack up.  This thread caught me on a bad day.  I mean, the thing is, I still kinda stand by what I said, but I'll admit that it's an exaggeration.  I definitely am the world's biggest pessimist, though.  There's no disputing that.  But today is more neutral and level-headed day for me, so let me try to give my most logical and dispassionate answer to the question.

Is life beautiful?  It is neither inherently beautiful nor ugly.  It just is.  We exist because the physical laws of the universe allowed it be so, and it couldn't have been any other way.  Life is simply whatever you make it.  Life will be whatever it will be to you because of how your brain interprets it in each and every moment.  It will be beautiful in the eyes of some, and wretched in others.  Neither is right or wrong.  It is not objectively one or the other.  Life is whatever each person makes it.

@Justin_Case001

I guess I love spreading around positive vibes but it is true that life just exists. It's neither really good or really bad so it depends on the observer which is us in this case. In my eyes I see a beautiful world full of amazing and wonderful things and people with my lover being one of those amazing people hehe. That also includes all of the people on the forum! You guys are all amazing in my eyes but I'll agree with you on that: Life is whatever you make to be. In a way, listening to music again has really helped my mood to a degree that I really can't explain. It's helped me feel so amazing today!

@daviddaviddavid 

Also that's one positive way to look at it hehe.

• Brohoof 1