Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Rate song, then post another!

Marshmallow

An okay-ish song, though the lyrics make no sense IMO and worst case scenario sounds incredibly creepy so I give the lyrics a 4/10.

The first line is enough to make my skin crawl, "Let me breath you in, and breath the words in your mouth",

Uhh... Pervert Alert? O_o

10/10 for the instrumentals though. Not trying to offend anyone who enjoys it, I just don't get it. Plus, EDM and Trance aren't the type of music genres I'm crazy about. Feels artificial and acid-trippy IMO.

Overall, I give that a 7/10.

EDIT: I realize how on point the rest of the lyrics were into conveying the message according to Mirage77. Guess I got distracted by dem purty lights in the video and the first line of the song. :lol: So, I'll at least be fair to some extent and give the lyrics a 7/10 cause I still find the first line questionably creepy IMO. Curse cynicism for me having such a jaded view of reality.

Anyway, its an overall 8.5/10.

I like to listen to music that has a purpose to accomplish other than for me to enjoy. But hey, that's just me :lol:.

So far, no one complained that I post a video game soundtrack a few days ago. Might as well post another one to do it justice so that people would be curious to check the Ys series out :P,

Edited by ZethaPonderer

10/10. The main singer has a Justin Beiber like voice though in his case it sounds way cooler cause the lyrics are all tight.

Another Ys game soundtrack,

This time I want to put both different versions of the same music and express yourself which one you like more? PC Engine or PSP rendition? I like the PC Engine rendition more though the PSP rendition isn't so bad on its own (it's the guitar riffs that overstays its welcome throughout the music for me).

22 hours ago, ZethaPonderer said:

An okay-ish song, though the lyrics make no sense IMO and worst case scenario sounds incredibly creepy so I give the lyrics a 4/10.

The first line is enough to make my skin crawl, "Let me breath you in, and breath the words in your mouth",

Uhh... Pervert Alert? O_o

10/10 for the instrumentals though. Not trying to offend anyone who enjoys it, I just don't get it. Plus, EDM and Trance aren't the type of music genres I'm crazy about. Feels artificial and acid-trippy IMO.

Overall, I give that a 7/10.

I like to listen to music that has a purpose to accomplish other than for me to enjoy. But hey, that's just me :lol:.

The lyrics aren't perverted at all - its about a loved one who is not talking anymore and have built a wall of silence around them (concrete angel). So the first line is poetic for 'hey, I want to know you and want you to talk - come back to life'. In the Bible, Jesus breathed on the Apostles and said, 'Receive the Holy Spirit...' and perhaps you may know that mean speaking the truth. Breath is symbolic to life and spirit in cultures all over the world (in fact, sometimes breath and spirit are the same word). My impression is that the lyrics are rather innocent, classical.

Anyway, thanks for the review - I least I know you listened to it man! I have long history with electronic music, so it's vibe is easy for me to digest. I guess I should post old stuff like everyone else is, and just play it safe. I mean, I already know about 99% of what people post here. :D (afterall, I own a music related forum)

Oh yeah, the Beatles - 10/10

• Brohoof 1