Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Rate song, then post another!

Marshmallow

It's been a while, and... Wow, over 30 new pages? Yeah, I think I'm to skip the whole "catching up" process and just jump to the current songs. If there's some song that any of you wanted me to review that I skipped, you could @ me and I'll review it.

Guess I'll do the current page at least.

Silverdollar: Evil Never Sleeps: 7/10. Good energy, catchy chorus (if not somewhat generic). The mixing seems a bit off, and it doesn't seem terribly complex. The chorus strongly reminds me of Gary Moore & Phil Lynott's "Out in the Fields", which is a better song (in my opinion). Still, this is fun.

Chase Goehring: Illusion: 5/10. It's not bad overall. The rap part is pretty bad though. His voice isn't the strongest, but it works okay.

K-On!!: U&I: 4/10. Would've been decent with stronger vocals. I'm not a fan of the whole "sounds like a baby" aspect. Otherwise it would've been 5 or 6.

Stevie Ray Vaughan: Texas Flood (Live): 9/10. His voice is so powerful and the guitar is so nice.

Gamma Ray: Last Before the Storm: 8/10. I kind of wish Kai Hansen would sing this well all of the time. Good energy, catchy chorus, overall fun power metal. Never heard this song before, but I really like it.

PVRIS: My House: 5/10. A problem I have with a lot of modern rock music is that they seem to substitute technical skill with loudness. Oh, and many alternate rock/nu-metal bands have a tendency of feeling whiny. This probably would've sounded whiny if a man had sung it instead of a woman, but somehow it sounds less whiny than many other modern rock bands. Still though, I wouldn't call it "bad", and I could see why people would like this.

Parokya Ni Edgar: 4/10. That's... Pretty bad. The guitar solo isn't bad though, but that vocalist...

Judas Priest: Bloodsuckers: 5/10. Judas Priest really dropped in quality after their Magnus Opus, Painkiller. Tim Owens isn't a bad vocalist, but he's not Rob Halford. The guitar feels uninspired for most of the song, and it's not really that fun to listen to. It works okay, but why listen to this when Painkiller and other great Judas Priest albums are available? Compare this song with, say, "All Guns Blazing" and it falls flat (in my opinion).

Kamelot: Prologue & Center of the Universe: 8/10. Kamelot struggles to produce 9 songs, but they've made a bunch of 8 songs. Catchy, well-produced, some technicality, good singing, overall enjoyable.

The Rolling Stones: Gimme Shelter: 8/10 or 9/10. Wonderful guitars. Singing could've been better, as could the vocal/instrument mixing. Still, the song is really enjoyable to listen to, and I understand why people might consider it a classic.

Angra. Wings of Reality: 6/10. I've reviewed it before: "It's okay, though at times the tempo seems odd to me (bit slow, but also fast)."

Santana: Into the Night: 6/10: It's catchy, feels like pop.

Iron Maiden: The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner: 8/10. It's Iron Maiden. Good energy, skilled singer, awesome guitar solos, catchy chorus. Good stuff.

Crazy Lixx: Snakes in Paradise: 6/10 or 7/10. Some catchy hard rock that isn't terribly complex, but with good singing and good production. Why not? It's somewhat generic, but also fun.

The Hobbit: One Ring: 5/10. Eh, sounds like slightly below average pop music to me. I find the chorus annoying.

Love Live!: START:DASH!!: 6/10. Sugar rush! It's a bit too much for me, but I can understand why other people might like it.

The Fugees: Fu-Gee-La: 3/10. This song is repetitive, with generic drumming and the vocals don't really mesh well with the instruments. It lacks energy, the music isn't very technical, and it's not very catchy at all.

Now for something different: Progressive rock with yodeling!

3/10  That kind of music really isn't my thing.  Don't get me wrong.  I think the instrumentals actually sound really good but I can't stand songs where it sounds like the singer is screaming.

Edited by Soaring Symphony