Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Rate song, then post another!

Marshmallow

Quite a bit has been posted since I last visited, eh? Time to start catching up.

Oh, before I start, I suppose I should define what I mean with each score:

1-4: Bad, to various degrees.

5-6: It gets a pass, though I wouldn't call it good.

7-10: Good, worth listening to.

Artillery: Bombfood: 9/10 or 10/10. Let's go! I should check out this band, this song is awesome. The singer sounds like a thrashier version of Dio, the song is full of energy, is decently technical, melodic, and varied.

Luis Fonsi ft. Daddy Yankee: Subjective: 2/10. Objective: 6/10. I personally really dislike this song. Still technically speaking it's a decent pop song, and catchy and all that. I really dislike it though.

Led Zeppelin: Achilles Last Stand: 7/10. Some nice old school rock, why not? In some ways this song reminds me of a proto-metal Iron Maiden song. I wonder if Iron Maiden ever made a cover of this song? Hmm, doesn't seem like it. Maybe they should.

Anna Clendening: To My Parents: 6/10. As I mentioned before, I try to avoid listening to the lyrics if possible to avoid subjective bias and give a review based on the music rather than the lyrics. Anyway, the piano complements her singing quite well, although perhaps the mix is a bit off. She's a skilled singer and it sounds nice. It sounds pretty nice, overall, though it kind of sounds like a pop song played on the piano.

Rush: The Spirit of Radio: 6/10. It starts off promising, but then it kind of... Is it in major key? It sounds too happy, kind of like cotton candy is too sugary. It's unfortunate, because it had some potential.

Megadeth: Return to Hangar: 8/10. Hangar 18 was better, but the song should be judged on its own merit. It's decently varied, decently technical, and fun overall.

Death Grips: Punk Weight: 1/10. What. Seems to me like they're trying to create ”art” rather than enjoyable music.

Die Atzen: Das Geht Ab (Wir Feiern die Ganze Nacht: 3/10. That rapping is pretty bad. Reminds me a bit of Bloodhound Gang. The chorus is somewhat okay. I suppose the appeal is similar: Funny lyrics. Unfortunately for Die Atzen, I don't rate songs based on lyrical content.

Die Antwoord: I Fink You Freeky: 3/10. Well... That sounds creepy, arguably more than most death metal I've heard. That's something, I suppose. The song is kind of repetitive and simple and not very enjoyable, though. Still, it could have some use in a horror movie, I suppose.

Hmm... There's quite a bit to catch up, so I think I'll skip a few songs that I'm not very interested in reviewing to catch up faster. Sounds good? All right.

Halloween: The Chance: 7/10. Enjoyable Halloween song.

Coheed and Cambria: The Running Free: 7/10. Cheesier than most power metal, but it works pretty well. Catchy and happy, with some variety, and the guitars are pretty nice. Has a pop-punk-ish feel.

WagakkiBand: Senbonzakura: 6/10 or 7/10. The Japanese folk instruments are very interesting. Unfortunately, they don't seem to mesh well with the rock elements of this song. This would probably have been better as a Japanese folk song. Now it sounds kind of messy and rushed (perhaps they should have played at 90% of the current speed?), which is a shame.

Motörhead: Hellraiser: 6/10. Eh. Feels like somewhat generic hard rock. Not bad, but I don't think I would go out of my way to listen to it.

I'll do some more later. Before I end, I should do the most recently posted song:

Aesma Daeva: O Death (Rock Me Asleep): 6/10. Interesting. Atmospheric. Ominous. Bit simple and slow, though.

Seems I was ninja'd while posting, so I'll review the next song too:

Knife Party: Give it Up: 6/10. Decent poppy dubstep. Easily digestible, though not very deep. Pretty catchy, with a happy atmosphere without being cheesy. Bit repetitive though.

Aaaand let's have some good ol' classical music, shall we? 

If anyone recognizes the music from a certain animated TV show, you'll get a digital cookie.

• Brohoof 1

Lindsay Stirling: Lost Girls: 7/10. Lindsay Stirling is interesting. She's a skilled violinist who actually is willing to add some nice violin play in her music. On the other hand, the other music has a tendency to be fairly basic, which is unfortunate. Still, the violin is in focus, and this song has some nice violin play. It also has a pretty nice beat (although fairly basic).

Blue Man Group: Exhibit 13: 8/10. It's really nice, actually. At first I was like "This intro is good, but I'm a bit worried when a singer comes in and ruins it with a whiny voice". Eventually I figured out that wouldn't happen, and the song is better off for it (do note that I don't know of Blue Man Group, so I don't know whether their singer sounds whiny or not, but I've been burned before).

@The Mint PoneI haven't seen Your Lie in April, but the show I had in mind was Rick & Morty. Oh, and a lot of people would probably like classical music if they gave it a chance. Most people don't make an active effort to listen to classical music, which I think is a shame, since there's so much amazing music out there. Composers like Bach, Mozart, and Beethoven were musical geniuses.

The song they used in Rick & Morty was based on the Chopin piece I linked earlier. Here it is:

• Brohoof 1