Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Rate song, then post another!

Marshmallow

Overall I found the song to be a tad annoying, however, some of those vocal harmonies were nothing short of enchanting- "gimme that can't sleeeep looooove."

...Hm... this song has me conflicted, I don't think I like it but I think I like it... So I'll give it a 7.

Edit: Have to edit this... after spinning the track a few times, I almost feel shamed to admit its growing on me :) There's something to be said for acapella music in today's overproduced, fake music scene... 7.5 with the potential to bump up more.

Edit: Congratulations @Gabosor, you just broke a metalhead. 8.5/10. That song very well may be the most earwormy song I have ever heard, period. I'll be checking out more of them in the near future :unsure:

So if you're lonely why'd you say you're not lonely?
Oh you're a stupid girl, I know I hurt it so
It's just like you to come and go

Edited by Twiliscael

Yes, something similar happened to me, this is one of those songs that you listen to once and they seem like nothing to you, but the more you listen to them, the more you like them
About your song, I'll give it a 9/10, there's something in the chords that I just like

Spoiler

• Brohoof 1

6.5/10, moderately entertaining, and nothing about it was bad, but I don’t see myself listening to it in my free time x)

A classic bop. 

2 hours ago, Gabosor said:

Yes, something similar happened to me, this is one of those songs that you listen to once and they seem like nothing to you, but the more you listen to them, the more you like them
About your song, I'll give it a 9/10, there's something in the chords that I just like

Reveal hidden contents

Haha yeah it really grew on me, I ended up listening to the whole album last night. I enjoyed the whole thing, but I must say I liked that song the most... still very good, the power and versatility of the human voice is always an impressive thing :) 

• Brohoof 2

I think I've heard of Meshuggah before, but I never got around to hearing their songs...  I have to say, I like what I hear! :) My only complain is that the chorus is a little underwhelming, but other than that, it sounds pretty good! 7/10.

Since you like Deathcore, I hope you don't mind Metalcore! :)

Spoiler

• Brohoof 1

7/10, BFMV ain't bad. I used to jam on them alot when I was a bit younger, but haven't really spent much time listening to them since... I have ascended to a deeper, darker in place in metal generally is all :) 

I present to ye: Panopticon! One man black metal project that incorporates country/folk music into an atmospheric American black metal album that can only come from America... a truly original sound- how often do you hear a banjo in metal music? Plus they have a new album on the way in April!

4 hours ago, Recherche said:

I think I've heard of Meshuggah before, but I never got around to hearing their songs...  I have to say, I like what I hear! :) My only complain is that the chorus is a little underwhelming, but other than that, it sounds pretty good! 7/10.

Yeah they're very popular- one of the most significant bands in metal since their inception, they created an entirely unique sound/style of guitar playing called "djent" that has invaded alot of modern metal since. It's the percussive, palm-muted chugging that you hear making up the majority of the guitar riffing in that song Rational Gaze I posted. They also incorporate alot of polyrhytmns, weird time signatures, aberrant and almost alien soloing, atypical song structures, and generally experimental/different elements into their unique breed of metal, and to most fans have never released a bad album (besides maybe Koloss...). They went from classic thrash to their unique breed of extreme progressive metal over the course of the past three decades.

Edited by Twiliscael

6/10

Not really a huge fan of modern Black Metal (or Black Metal at all).I could totally hear the Country/Folk sound you were talking about in the song,which I personally find very interesting and unique.

• Brohoof 2

8/10, Metallica ain't the best of the big four of thrash (that award has to go to Slayer...) but they can write some seriously killer bops- especially on Kill 'Em All and Ride the Lightning! My favorite song on Kill 'Em All has to be The Four Horsemen though, that song slayssss.

Sit down, Indian-style, as we recite these hymns~

• Brohoof 1

Hm... I have to give you serious credit; you've sure introduced me to a bunch of artists I never would have heard of otherwise! :D

As for the song, it's pretty... standard? If that makes sense? I don't know; it's not bad at all, but it doesn't blow me away. 7/10. :)

Speaking of Blowing me away... :orly:

Spoiler

• Brohoof 1

8/10, another band of my youth </3 You seem to be nailing my taste in the mid 2000's hahaha. Plus, that song was in Halo 2 which is probably my favorite game of all time tbh... the one that I had the most fun in, at the very least.

On account of good memories, it shall receive a bump to 8.5/10 :) 

Current album I'm jammin': Cosmogramma- Flying Lotus. This man is a master producer, and does the Adult Swim music in between commercials so if you've ever been up at 3:00am watching Adult Swim that's why it may sound somewhat familiar :P 

Edited by Twiliscael
  • Brohoof 1

That's another pretty neat song; it almost sounds like background music in a Sci-Fi movie! :) 7/10.

Just to fit the theme of this website, why not put this song here? :D

Spoiler

• Brohoof 1

5/10, I didn't hate it but definitely not my taste- kinda corny, I felt. I don't give fan songs any credit just because they're pony song. Cool and all that you're a musician and are passionate enough about the show/fandom to make music about it, but it doesn't affect my judgement of positively or negatively :crackle:

These kids just might save rock 'n roll ladies and gentlemen. Album on the way~

• Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, Twiliscael said:

5/10, I didn't hate it but definitely not my taste- kinda corny, I felt. I don't give fan songs any credit just because they're pony song. Cool and all that you're a musician and are passionate enough about the show/fandom to make music about it, but it doesn't affect my judgement of positively or negatively :crackle:

Um... It's a real MLP song, my dude! :)

Spoiler

Anyways, I won't lie; that song isn't bad... but I can't say that I like it all that much either. :pout: 5/10. I understand why you like it, but it's not really to my tastes.

If you''re a fan of early 2,000's music, than you'll probably like this one!

Spoiler

• Brohoof 1

YIKES ya hit a certain spot with me on that one there, to be quite honest I have always found Blink-182 to be insufferable, even when I was a kid and they were all the rage... something about the whiny, fast pop punk-esque rock really got on my nerves...

4/10

4 minutes ago, Recherche said:

Um... It's a real MLP song, my dude! :)

The more you know! I haven't kept up with the show since season 3, I don't really consider myself a brony anymore ^^;

4 minutes ago, Recherche said:

Anyways, I won't lie; that song isn't bad... but I can't say that I like it all that much either. :pout: 5/10. I understand why you like it, but it's not really to my tastes.

That's a damn shame, those handsome kids sound exactly like Led Zeppelin! ...Which is my favorite band of all time :blink:

Speaking of...

• Brohoof 2

That's a damn shame, those handsome kids sound exactly like Led Zeppelin! ...Which is my favorite band of all time :blink:

That's... pretty much the problem I have with them, honestly. :rarity: Led Zeppelin is cool, but if I wanted to listen to Zeppelin, I would listen to them, not an homage group. It would be like if I made a band paying tribute to Disturbed; it may sounds kinda like them, and my band would probably sound good... but Disturbed would always be better.

Anyways, that Menudo song is pretty good stuff! Nothing amazing, but nothing horrible either! :) 7/10.

YIKES ya hit a certain spot with me on that one there, to be quite honest I have always found Blink-182 to be insufferable, even when I was a kid and they were all the rage... something about the whiny, fast pop punk-esque rock really got on my nerves...

Yeah, I understand that; blink-182 isn't for everyone. I just have a lot of Nostalgia for them! :yay:

Oh, and you want to hear insufferable? I'll show you insufferable... :sneer:

Spoiler

Seriously, I dare you to say one good thing about this, "song!" :blink:

Edited by Recherche
  • Brohoof 1

To be honest... it has a cool, dissonant sound and while I wouldn't go out of my way to listen to it... I like it. Reminds me of Lavender Town from Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow, and like something that I would hear on a noise (the genre) album, but 8-bitted out. 4.5/10. And at the risk of sounding unduly critical of Blink-182... yes I think I'd rather listen to that than Blink-182 :) 

9 minutes ago, Recherche said:

That's... pretty much the problem I have with them, honestly. :rarity: Led Zeppelin is cool, but if I wanted to listen to Zeppelin, I would listen to them, not an homage group. It would be like if I made a band paying tribute to Disturbed; it may sounds kinda like them, and my band would probably sound good... but Disturbed would always be better.

Fair enough! Though they do have a more original sound though- that song is by and large their most Zeppelin-worshippy. Still, it does mostly sound heavily influenced by Led Zeppelin, but they have their own sound for sure. 

Speaking of 8-bit, Anamanguchi is the cream o' the crop!

Edited by Twiliscael
  • Brohoof 1

Well, I'll give you some credit; you're the first person I've ever heard to say that you don't hate that song! I'm on a mission, now... :sunshower:

So we'e doing 8-bit music now? Yay! :yay:

That theme is pretty great! It sounds like something you would hear in the penultimate world of a platformer! :D 9/10.

Though this is a remix, I still think this makes a great chiptune! :)

Spoiler

Edited by Recherche
  • Brohoof 1

Quite like Majora's Mask, quite like chiptune. 8/10. This is good :)

This band is essentially Meshuggah-lite. Does what they do, but makes it a bit easier on the ears and easier to follow. And a are a bit less metal for it. I used to really like this band, stopped liking them as much, then saw them live a few months back and have been boppin' with 'em again.