Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Rate song, then post another!

Marshmallow

7 hours ago, SkyDive said:

Not... sure what my ears just witnessed, but that's a 3/10 for me.

Now for something utterly beautiful.

Reveal hidden contents

31882838_922272811268207_487647645164738

18 minutes ago, Sunset Rose said:

7/10

7/10

On 4/13/2018 at 9:19 PM, Soaring Symphony said:

2/10  Geez, why are there so many metal songs on this thread?

Because metal is infinitely cooler and more impressive than most other genres lmao...

(To the above track... 6.5/10. The man’s voice is powerful, will give him that. The rest wasn’t bad by any means, but I don’t see myself listening again of my own volition).

...Like you’re telling me the bit after 2:30 isn’t the coolest fucking thing you’ve ever heard?

(edited)
3 hours ago, Twiliscael said:

(To the above track... 6.5/10. The man’s voice is powerful, will give him that.

Having seen McPherson live a few times with his main band and his solo act, I can vouch for that... blows your socks off with how intense and powerful his voice is. He's also got sublime range too, he can do death metal growls and extreme screams as well as push his head voice to the limit.

As for the above song, 3.5/10... instrumentally it's pretty solid melodically but it's the vocals that let it down. Harsh vocals can be good, and add to a song's atmosphere but the type of indecipherable guttural black/death/extreme metal ones really don't work with me. As a result, it lacks the power it needs to get off the ground and sounds quite flat despite itself.

Spoiler

Edited by Vocal Analyst
  • Brohoof 1

10/10

Oof, looks like I'll need to check these guys out. The instruments are really tight and technically, but goddamn, the vocals are killer.

Speaking of German...

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Not big on power/speed metal, especially European power metal (just gimme thrash!) but Gamma Ray's a classic, 7.5/10. The solos were fun.

For some metal I am big on:

7 hours ago, Vocal Analyst said:

As for the above song, 3.5/10... instrumentally it's pretty solid melodically but it's the vocals that let it down. Harsh vocals can be good, and add to a song's atmosphere but the type of indecipherable guttural black/death/extreme metal ones really don't work with me. As a result, it lacks the power it needs to get off the ground and sounds quite flat despite itself.

Hide contents

Damn shame! Artificial Brain along with Blood Incantation (posted above) are the two strongest death metal acts of the 2010's in my opinion! Plus I'm seeing them with the old school behemoths Demilich in a few days :squee:

Edited by Twiliscael

9/10

Getting quite a bit of Death vibes in some riffs.

I'll have to check these guys out. Need to get into more death metal, as I am with thrash and old power metal oof.

Yo Overkill brings the fucking riffs. 8.5/10, solid thrash/groove metal right there. From a personal favorite Overkill album too, aye.

Mmmmmm riffs. Bolt Thrower knows how to write 'em for sure.

5 hours ago, Fehlipeeno Froid said:

9/10

Getting quite a bit of Death vibes in some riffs.

I'll have to check these guys out. Need to get into more death metal, as I am with thrash and old power metal oof.

Reveal hidden contents

If you want a good introduction/some guidance to death metal with essential albums and whatnot just PM me or hit my Discord. It's my specialty :kindness:

• Brohoof 1