Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Rate song, then post another!

Marshmallow

... Is it bad that I'm laughing at that song? ^_^ While I don't think it's amazing from a standard point of view, I'll give that a 9/10 for entertainment value~! :lol:

I may have already posted this song before... but if I did, then I say it deserves to be posted again~! :P

Spoiler

So, I started trying to catch up some while ago, but I never really did. Still, I wrote some quick thoughts on 8 songs, so I might as well post my thoughts now.

I've decided to update my scoring method a bit, since I think I used a bit more strict score system than most people (like, I considered a 7/10 to be a good score, although if you use, say, IGN's score system,t hen 7 is just decent). In practice, this means the average score will go up by 0.5-1 or so. It was either that or trying to get people to adjust to my score system, and it seemed simpler to just adjust my own system. So that's that. You'll probably see more 7 and 8s from me now.

Heathen: Fear of the Unknown: 8/10 or 9/10. The intro is mysterious yet appealing. The vocalist has a strong, solid voice, reminds me of a mix of thrash metal classics with a hint of Iron Maiden. Good stuff.

Gamma Ray: Miracle: 8/10. It's a power metal balad, which can have some issues (for one thing, they often have simplistic guitars and drumming). Still, the chorus is pretty strong and the singing isn't bad. It's quite enjoyable, and one of the better power metal balads. The part around 3:25 is pretty cool, reminds me of Queen. The guitar solo is nice. Solid song. The ending is quite nice, too.

Gamma Ray: Man on a Mission: 8/10 or 9/10. Full of energy, yet with subtle guitar melodies in the background. The drumming is really nice and keeps up the energy. The chorus is very catchy. The guitar solo is pretty good, though I've heard better.

Ozric Tentacles: Eternal Wheel: 8/10 or 9/10. The guitar solo around 5:42 is really sweet. Overall, I kind of wish more bands would do instrumental music without any vocals. This is good stuff, nice mood, lots of variety, and stuff.

Wsrod Nocnej Ciszy: Polskie Koledy: 7/10. Sounds like a Disney song.

Tenacious Dong: Tribute: :O/10. wut.

Dropkick Murphys: The Season's Upon Us: 8/10. Catchy, nice melodies, and good vocals.

Accept: Trail of Tears: 8/10 or 9/10. Nice.

Iron Maiden: Gates of Tomorrow: 7/10 or 8/10. Pretty solid.

And that was all I had saved. Instead of trying to catch up I'll just jump to the latest three songs or so and continue from there.

Horrified: 8/10. At first, this is pretty harsh and rough, sounding pretty inaccesible. Upon closer analysis, however, you might find that the song actually have quite a few good qualities. I tend to prefer death metal over grindcore, though I still acknowledge that this song has several good qualities.

Equilibrium – Waldschrein: 8/10. Equilibrium, as a band, kind of struck me as a bit too much. They're more cheerful than most power metal bands, yet with black metal vocals! I probably would have liked them more if the vocals matched the cheesiness of the music, but I digress. Still, it's clean and the melodies are fun. If you want some melodic, cheesy fun, Equilibrium is a pretty good choice.

Onslaught – In Search of Sanity: 8/10. I suppose I should give this band a try. Overall solid thrash metal song, fitting vocals, nice intro, a tad repetitive at times.

The last three songs were metal (well, one was grindcore, but close enough), so I guess I'll post some non-metal.

9.5/10 Good song

Spoiler

44 minutes ago, Twiliscael said:

there’s better on the album tho ;)

Well that's the better, in my opinion of course, and Sunday Morning, I would say that both are tied :) 

(edited)

:confused:/10  I'm not sure how to rate that.  The best way to describe it is as organized chaos.  It has an intriguing and almost cool sound to it . . . yet it's a clusterf**k at the same time.  I'm conflicted.

Favorite.  Song.  EVAH!!!

Edited by Soaring Symphony

The thumbnail alone had me thinking wtf, but the song was just... 2/10

Spoiler

I love this song, not only does it sound awesome, but it describes professional gamers perfectly.

(edited)

10/10 - After reading up, I really need to get some Unisonic CD's. Anything that reunites the driving forces behind Helloween to make more awesome music deserves my undivided attention. :pinkie:

Spoiler

Edited by Vocal Analyst
  • Brohoof 1