Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is the best compliment you have ever received?

LovingTolerance

The best compliment I ever got was that I had a good soul, just not a very open one. It's rare when someone compliments me that way and makes me actually reflect my life.

A girl once told me that considering how manly I am she said I was SAXTOOON HAAALE! Yep, the saxton hale Dead serious.

You see this face? Serious.

Edited by Matus
  • Brohoof 1

Not really a compliment, but a very close friend of mine has had a very rough year (won't get into details, he isn't in trouble, but bad and unfortunate things keep happening to him), and his mom asked me one day "Tom, we trust you, we know you're good hearted and we consider you a part of our family... I need to ask you to keep any eye on him and let us know if he needs help."

That probably has affected me more than any other thing anyone has ever said to me.

Other compliments: "WHY ARE YOU SO SWEET!?" "You're amazing" "Seriously, you rock."

My drum teacher said I was his best student and my band director said I was his best snare drummer in front of the rest of the drumline. I felt pretty good about those

I don't remember ever getting a compliment on my personality, however...

i forgot to say in the other post that almost any woman that older then me by 10 years or more always tell my mom how great and cute i am (even if she talked with all the siblins and all i did is say a short thing)

its pretty fluttering and help me in school :D

Edited by hana

Hmm... to be honest, I cannot remember people saying any compliments to me for a long time now. Back in the day people would call me brave, cool, out-going, awesome etc. but those times were a long time ago, when I didn't have my SAD. ^^

anytime my boyfriend says I'm beautiful. just because I know he's honest. and when tells me he's never met another girl like me ♥

I guess it would be that I am very talented and I am going places, it makes me very happy when people believe in me and encourage me.

One of my other ones is "You look just like your mom" definently a compliment :)

Other compliments I get are normally on my clothes or eyes and alot and I mean alot on my hair. Like random ladys creepily teeling me how beautiful my hair is in grocery stores...that was a weird day. Mostly just my outsides though...

I asked my mom that question and she said that the best compliment she ever got was from mty step dad he said "I love your adjectives" (they were both english majors)

I once had a really weird comment, but I thought it was nice. There was a group project in my astronomy class, and I teamed up with two girls. As I helped them gather answers for the activity, one remarked towards the end, "See? I knew he was smart." to which the other one replied, "and pretty, too."

Apparently, I'm pretty even as a guy! Sounds weird, but I like to look a little feminine. I left that class with a stupid grin on my face.

I guess that I'm a natural writer. I got that a lot in my last writing class, and even got high marks from a professor who doesn't usually give students high marks on their papers.

I've had the feeling for the longest time that I'm simply inadequate in everything I do. So, at least I have that. It's such a shame that I despise writing. It is not what I want to do.

Edited by Envy

I'm not sure if I would consider it a good compliment, but when I was in school, I would always have my hair covering part of my face because I was uncomfortable with people seeing me. So when the wind would blow y hair out of the way, my teacher said I had a handsome face. But I didn't believe her, but oh well.

This would kind of be a compilation. But as someone who is in the military, I am keenly aware of the treatment those who came before me received after Vietnam and I am always humbled when someone comes up to me, shakes my hand and says "Thank you" You cannot imagine the feeling one gets when that happens. I mean these people did not see me do anything, I wasn't moving furniture or delivering a package....I was just wearing a uniform.

i wear a tshirt sometimes that says "my brother is USMC" which he is, and people thank me all the time for his service, which i think is interesting as i have never done anything military related. but they thank me and tell me to thank him, which i think is amazing. pretty cool feeling.

• Brohoof 1

I'm extremely proud of my work as a cashier--I do it extremely well and customers compliment my speed, friendliness and bagging techniques all the time.

Then I heard one day that people actually talk OUTSIDE the store of what a good cashier I am. In a way, I actually kinda feel like a local celebrity :blush:

Once I got into a random Skype call with one friend of mine and some of his friends, one of his friends I have never talked with before said "Oh, you are the nice stalker I have heard about?". It made me very happy.

(And just to point out, I am called stalker and call myself a stalker because I tend to lurk more than talking. I do not mean it in the bad way and I do not mean to offend anyone)

• 5 weeks later...

[10:48:38 AM] Crimson Bristle: //you are pure love!

That made my day.

;(

It came as a shock to me, and I had no words.

I mean, that's one heck of a compliment

probably when people say that i would "make a great farther" which i've got from some of my friend but it always stronger when it comes from a stranger. other then that when people say "i'm a complete jackass" always make me feel nice.

Once I received a compliment from my English teacher who I've tried very hard to impress, it was rather very difficult to impress her, anywho. In the class you had to make your own poem and then recite it. I recited mine and when she graded me, she wrote on my poem, "You have the most beautiful speaking voice I've ever heard." To me, that's the best compliment I've ever gotten~

• Brohoof 1

A few months ago some random kid (maybe 5 years old) and his mom came up to me after a show, and asked me to autograph his calendar. While I was signing it, he wanted to say something, but he was too shy so he said it to his mom. She explained that he said that he wanted to be like me when he grew up. I didn't know what to say to that...I don't consider myself to be a particularly good role model, but I ended up saying some generic words of encouragement like "work hard in school" or something along those lines.

Even now, I feel vaguely uncomfortable with the idea that anyone would want to be like me. It's probably just because I'm keenly aware of my own shortcomings, or something. Everybody probably feels the same thing from time to time.

• Brohoof 1

I've been told by so many people that I am "cute" or "adorable"... ¬¬

One time I posted a link of Rainbow Dash laughing and my friend said it reminded her of my laugh. That's one of the best compliments I've ever gotten! :)

Everytime my sis... I mean this friend of mine calls me brother... It just feels so great... The fact she basically admits what I mean to her and the trust she expresses, it's just awsum! :wub:

The best compliment I received was from an elderly mechanic I ran into at work. He told me that I was a true gentleman and very kind and respectful. That put a smile on my face for the rest of the day.