Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is the best compliment you have ever received?

LovingTolerance

I think the best compliment I've ever received was when my friends and I were in Writing class, trying to write a poem about ourselves. I asked my friends to help me find out what my negative qualities are, and one of them said "I can't think of anything negative about you." They all felt the same way.

I was sort of disappointed because I was trying to write the poem, but at the same time I felt touched.

My favorite compliment, though, was when this girl I know called me cute. It made feel all warm and fuzzy inside, y'know? I still smile when I think of that.

Back in the '80s, before the Internet was wide-spread, I swapped audio letters, via cassette tapes, to a female pen pal in California.  After a few tapes she sent me one where she said, "You have the sexist voice I've ever heard."  Say what?  I played that part back numerous times, just to convince myself of what I heard.  Needless to say, I was on cloud nine for some time.

Strangely, mine's probably a throwaway comment someone made at a fencing competition. I got hammered 15-10 against someone, and afterwards someone else said, "Well fought." It was just a simple remark, really, but given that this happened years ago and I still recall it every now and then, I'd easily rank it as the best compliment.

Honorable second: I flunked my first graduation thesis, and in it I explained in detail how I'd screwed it up and why I shouldn't graduate with that project, and both my assessors told me it was well written and wished me luck on the next try.

"You're so damn handsome!"

"..Whatever, mom."

Jokes aside..

It's not directly a compliment, but when you have a friend who is gay and is hitting on you and have been hitting on your for months, despite knowing he has little to no chance of getting their paws on you, you know you can take it as a form of a good compliment.

This is a really difficult question. :sealed: I think one of the most delighting compliments I've received is when my friend said that my English is very fluent when I write it but also when I speak it. It was really uplifting to hear as I felt quite ashamed of my bad accent and taking small breaks in the middle of certain sentences. The same friend also frequently compliments my art and it cheers me up every time! She's so great.

Ohai thread that I've never seen before. 

"You're insufferable!"

(O__o) "What?"

"I need to get this research done! I've been trying for a week, and all I can think about is you, and how lucky I am to know you. Joe, for the sake of my degree can you stop being amazing for just one day?"

" ... " 

"Oh hell, you're worth getting a B over. Break time!"

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Here’s a recent exchange between me and my best bud:

ShadOBabe: You're the BEST friend anyone could have. You're smart, and respectful, and SUPER funny, and you have a maturity most people wish they had.

ShadO’s Friend: Nah, you're the best friend someone could have! You're hilarious, you're full of energy to give when others struggle, you keep me grounded, you listen if someone needs to get something off their chest with compassion and level-headedness, and you never fail to show how much you appreciate our friendship and me too!

We are super sappy when we wanna be!! Friendship is Magic!!

EDIT: Thought of an Honorable Mention!!

ShadOBabe’s Grandpa: If you ever get a boyfriend, he’s gonna fall for your pretty eyes.

Edited by ShadOBabe
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

"Nice butt."

"Cheers!"

Edited by Guest

Some random driver gave me a thumbs up in front of me,while I was learning how to drive:blink:looks like he saw the student driver sign in the car,cause I made my first lane changing without making any cars beeping mad at me:sealed:

just last week - Elley Ray (voice of Mist Mane) was the guest at Griffish Isles con and I got to talk to her one on one the next morning in the hotel lobby. I got a tweet from her later that day saying "I love your light" - never had such a compliment before ^_^

Wow, hard to choose, a girl and a guy on which I had a crush on told me that my voice sounds relaxing and hot O.o Another girl told me that I'am really funny. And I often make everyone laugh when I do a presentation, which I take as a compliment. And many people are impressed by my ochem knowledge.

The compliments are nice, they help my low self esteem a little.

"You're a cool old person"

I got called that by a co-worker of mine,  given I work with a lot of young folk at the burger place I work at part-time.

""Huh,  you are smart and know a lot about history stuff"

Yeah that happened,  I tend to be the goof at times,  but I am smart! 

There was one time when I was playing a match on Overwatch. I was playing as Moira and someone had said, "You're a really good Moira player." I don't think I'm that good of player on Overwatch, but hearing someone say that really warms my heart.

Another would have to be during my last few days of my first job. One of the supervisors walked up to me and shook my hand. He then said, "You were a really hard working and dedicated worker. It was great to have you working with us." I was glad I was able to make a great, lasting impression in the seven years that I worked at my first job. 

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...

That would be the time when someone once told me how funny I am and how much fun I am to be around. ^_^ And, I've gotten plenty enough compliments on how pretty my eyes are. :blush: