Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The relationship between Spike and Twilight

jdb1984

74 users have voted

1. 1. What do you think Twilight and Spike's relationship is like?

• Slave Master/Slave
    • Boss/Assistant
    • Friends
    • Older sister/Younger brother
    • Mother/Son

Personally, I think they treat each other as siblings. Spike often acts like a little brother to Twilight, doing chores and tasks she asks of him, but sometimes complaining or refusing to do them when he's not in the greatest mood - his sleepiness throughout Winter Wrap-Up in particular comes to mind.

Twilight definitely displays love and affection towards Spike, but I think it's closer to sisterly love than maternal. If she was his mother, she would treat Spike a bit more like a successor. However, in the show, I'm pretty sure she considers Spike her equal, especially as the two of them grew up living together with Twilight's parents.

• Brohoof 1

I think it's brother and sister, they just... act this way. Well, Twilight sometimes acts like a boss (damn, it wasn't supposed to sound this meme way) but I think that she loves Spike and cares, and it's just her way of communicating with others

Brother and Sister for most of the time, but there are also instances where Spike acts as an asistant with his librarial duties etc... So they have a personal yet sometimes professional environment in my opinion.

I'm going with 'brother and sister' too. The difference between their ages and levels of maturity are too small for it to really be a 'mother and child' relationship, though Twilight does have to act as a mother in some ways Spike is not totally dependent on her, and she occasionally needs his help too (such as in "Lesson Zero").

I feel like it's a mother/son thing. First of all, she hatched the egg herself so that sort of symbolizes it. Plus, in the episode "Owls Well That Ends Well" she tucks him in the bed in a sort of motherly fashion. Sure, I can see the siblings thing, but I really feel like Spike looks up to Twilight like a caretaker.

Posted Image

Edited by Zero

Wife and husband

I always see them as a brother and sister relationship. Although I admit that in some episodes it could be seen as a slave/master relationship :P

Owl's well that ends well comes to mind.

I always perceived them as long-time friends woven in with one another, but other roles have been discerned too. Such as Twilight as an older sister figure or Spike as an apprentice, but these have felt intertwined with the deep-rooted friendship relations too, I guess.