Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are you a cat person or a dog person?

Mersander

Are you a cat person or a dog person?  

239 users have voted

1. 1. Cats or dogs?

• cats
    • dogs

I love both of them, but I prefer dogs a little more since there's more to cuddle with them and they just seem easier to play with, somehow.  :fluttershy:

My first dog I had for 17 years from the the time I was 11 to 17, man what a dog she was!  I miss my Daisy! Yet

I also have a dog still and a cat I found in a walmart parking lot! So I got both and both have their personality! I

love em!

I've been afraid of dogs for most of my life so I naturally liked cats better. Even though I've gotten over that fear I still prefer cats over dogs because they're much more independent than dogs, yet they still give a lot of affection (or seem to, anyway. Who knows what they're plotting?)

Dogs, especially small pitbull puppies.

pitbull-dog-puppy-high-definition-wallpa

Edited by Guest

c7NJRa2.gif

I love both cats and dogs equally. There are some common reasons for why I love them (they're adorable!) but there are also some differences between why I like each one.

I have no idea, but I am not a fan of dogs. When I was a little kid I was always "scared of them. I've never had a bad experience with them or anything. I'm just weird, LOL. 

Cats are just way too freaking adorable. If I could, I'd have like, 100 cats. Okay maybe more like three. 

• 3 years later...

I'm self-sufficient. I like that trait in my cat. For example, my neighbour goes to the university and she isn't at home most of the day. Meanwhile her dog cries, the whole day.

This level of dependency on dogs, I can't provide for. I don't want an animal to suffer because it lacks affection and attention.

I am not a dog person by any stretch of the imagination. I wouldn't want a pet of any kind to be honest. Animals are wild creatures and belong outside. Humans are indoor creatures and bringing any animal into the house is unnatural. If I had to have a pet, a cat would be vastly preferable to any dog. Cat's are independent, intelligent and don't make the noise or mess that a dog makes. If a cat has a use for my affections, it'll let me know when, where and how much, then it'll dismiss me when satisfied. Their aloof nature makes them all the more irresistible and makes me feel I've been afforded a special gift when I pet them. A dog is a bottomless pit of need. They have to be walked in order to move their bowels, they smell, have unspeakably ugly habits, they are often aggressive and bark all night. In nature, the only animals you ever seem to hear are dogs barking incessantly (usually at nothing). Okay, you hear birds too, but at least they make a pretty sound.    

But as I said, I'm not inclined to have any pet, cat or dog. If I want something soft and cuddly, I'll get a plushie; at least i don't have to feed them or clean up after them. 

• Brohoof 1

• 3 months later...

I confess: I have a rather extreme opinion on dogs, and not necessarily a positive one.

I find cats to be perfectly tolerable; they tend to be cute and even graceful, lack a serious odor, are relatively quiet, tend to be somewhat clean, self-sufficient, and are not dangerous, outside of disease vectors. I would rather not own a pet in general, but a cat certainly isn't intolerable.

Dogs however? I will phrase this as tactfully as possible: at best, dogs are helpful creatures who genuinely contribute to society and families alike, such as seeing eye dogs and K9 dogs. At worst, they are malodorous, cacophonic, dangerous, polluting, begging, and aesthetically hideous creatures. I would literally rather own a cockroach, python, tarantula, scorpion, or even a skunk (with its scent glands removed) than a dog.

• Brohoof 2

• 8 months later...

I used to be a total dog person, but as I've gotten older I've found dogs to be more of a nuisance. I like dogs alright, as long as someone else is taking care of it.

Cats are cool though. I guess that makes me a cat person now.

• Brohoof 1