Are you a cat person or a dog person?

Mersander

Are you a cat person or a dog person?  

239 users have voted

1. 1. Cats or dogs?

• cats
    • dogs

Dogs because I'm allergic to cats.

Though, I do find cats cute. :< While I've always sort of been a dog person, I'd like to maybe get a hypoallergenic cat someday, if I ever get a pet again (the story of how I lost my last pet is a sad one).

well see i like Dogs and Cats equally! honestly Dogs are loyal and they would do anything to comeback and save there master sure they have there flaws and somethings but atleast the Dog's would stay with you while you where dying in a fire or atleast try and save you from your inferno

I would say both, but seeing how this is not a multi poll, I will choose cats. They are just so cute and cuddly and warm and furry, when I feel sad I just cuddle up with a kitty and my sorrows melt away.

With both cats and dogs I dislike the cleaning. It is very time consuming, especially for people like me. I am in after school leadership class, swim team, will be in karate and piano lessons, was in geometry online with no teacher, on top of algebra. I'm taking cognitive behavioral therapy and I just enjoy having some free time, having an animal would really be taxing on me, even in the summer I spend time with friends and have homework. It would be incredibly taxing on people like me. On top of that not all animals are the same, and I prefer the more calm, interdependent animals. Ones you can cuddle when either of you want, they wont fight, and it's just so mutually good.

With dogs I dislike the need to walk all the time, while walking is awesome I just don't have the time and out weather in the winter is just too nasty snowy to make it comfortable walking. They always want to play and depending on the dog they interpret cuddle as throwing the ball for them. I don't like when they won't just be there and cuddle. Cuddliness is a huge selling point for me.

Cats kicking the litter, it makes such a mess and we don't have indoor room where litter can be kicked. They cuddle and all but cleaning the litter box taxes the time almost as much as walking without the exercise.

With both cats and dogs I love the calm ones. Animals that will sit and let you pet them, and animals that don't bite or claw when not threatened. Animals that only play when you urge them to play, that's a high expectation and my specifications with cleaning and calmness level simply wouldn't comply, I won't have a child when I get older. Human babies disgust me. They are loud, dirty, and needy. If you want needy dirty and loud get an animal, that is one of few times I excuse loud and dirty. It's the whole point.

As for both the positive is the same, the cuddliness and the caring. They come to you when you are sad or hurt. Cats more in general, dogs more likely to when you are hurt... The calmness of the cat just makes up for how much a dog cares, to be honest. I love calm animals, and I like outgoing people. What I expect of peoples is the opposite of what I expect of other animals, ironic because we are all animals, so why have such different expectations. That's something interesting to look into psychologically, my personal bias.

I like kittens and puppies more than cats and dogs... But if I had to choose a species as a whole I would probably pick dogs (but only a few species like the Husky).

Just look at these!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

So cute x3 .

i love kitties... but this morning i thought FCK YOU KITTAYS!! my one cat sam decided she wasn't taking no for answer and walked all up and down me and my boyfriend for like half an hour this morning until we got out of bed to feed her... she thinks shes a dog...

Cats cats cats, I love cats! I am now up to three and I love how they follow me around the house. No matter where I go in the house, they want to be with me. They shower me with affection.

I think a lot of "dog people" have trouble with cats because they don't speak cat. You cannot approach a cat the same way you do a dog. For example, a cat on his back is saying, "you seem cool, I feel comfortable enough to have my feet off the ground," he is NOT saying "pet my belly." When you do pet his belly because you are a dog person, cat will interpret that as "zomg, how dare you betray my trust? I expose my sensitive area and you attack! well, have at you!" and you are going to get clawed by all four paws at once (there are exceptions to this rule of course but that's generally how it goes). Also, do not make eye contact with a cat - they consider that rude and a challenge. When meeting a new cat, it is probably best to let the cat pet you, not the other way around.

If I ever have enough money, I plan to buy a savannah cat. Best of both worlds, this cat likes to walk on a leash and swim like a dog, but has all the convenience of a cat.

Posted Image

post-7214-0-96097200-1344570230_thumb.jpg

Dogs, my dog is awesome :wub:

His name is Thornton, hes a chocolate Labrador, i did have some pictures of him when he was a puppy but i cant find them :s

Side note: You have no idea how long it took to get this picture, he kept either looking away or trying to lick my phone :lol:

Edited by Lost

Cats, but because i've never had a dog I can't really compare. I've only had one pet which is my cat who I have now and she's not really mine, she's more my mothers and goes to sit on her lap at night, not mine. :huh:

In this case, I prefer dogs. I've never had either as a pet, but it's still dogs. It would be dangerous and incredibly impractical to have a big cat as a pet...

There's been a dog in my family since I was born, so I'm definitely a dog person. I have 3 right now and we'll be adding a foster dog this weekend. I'm allergic to cats, but I do still like them. They're just not as social as dogs in my experience.

It's actually kind of strange that I like dogs so much. I've been attacked/bitten by dogs twice when I was younger. First a big dog bit my hand after my mother was told it loved little kids. The second was when we were picking up my German Shepherd from the breeder. They gave us a tour of the facility, and one of the police dogs in training mistaked my puffy little coat for a bite suit and shook me to the ground. My jacket was ripped to shreds but fortunately he didn't get a hold of my arm at all.

I'm a Cat person fo the win!!, Reasons why is cause they nice and purrrfect hahaha, I also own 4 or

them furry beast I play and laugh with them alot and when they sleep...I'm always like D"AWWWWW :wub:

• 1 month later...

I am more of a cat person, cats just appeal to me more than dogs, and they make good memes. Though I do likes dogs too, They seem more deferential and I have one, but I really like when my cat hops on my lap and keeps me warm. :)