Are you a cat person or a dog person?

Mersander

Are you a cat person or a dog person?  

239 users have voted

1. 1. Cats or dogs?

• cats
    • dogs

• 5 months later...

What do you guys like more? Cats or dogs? Explain why, and what your favorite memories of the animal you chose.

Mine is a dog, because they'll save you instead of themselves, and my favorite memory is the dog I have right now.

Thanks and bro hoof /)

• Brohoof 1

You left out the clearly superior tortoise :P.  However, I shall forgive you.

I personally like both equally, but I currently have 2 dogs so I guess that is my answer.  I have to say that my favorite memory with them is when they come and sit in my lap and go to sleep. :D

• Brohoof 2

I like both cats and dogs, but I like a dog more and the irony is I have 2 cats. The favorite memory I had with my cats was, when we first brought them home as kittens they were so cute. :)

I'm an avid lover of both. For the longest time I could never have a cat because my dad was allergic. But when I finally could have cats, I loved them to pieces. You just have to treat the cat right. I don't believe they are always independent and hold grudges and stuff. My cats have always been very loving and affectionate, even downright clingy. They put a smile on my face like nothing else can, and they are lower maintenance pets than dogs. Feed them, clean their litter box, and give them their checkups, and they are good to go. Dogs require walking, bathing, and letting them outside, so they are much more demanding and require more of your time. I raised a few cats from the time they were newborn kittens. As long as cats are used to human contact, they are amazing, and very loving.

Dogs have the advantage of being protective of the family and your belongings, and can save you in times of need. They can lift you up out of depression, as they are loyal and loving. They're more fun to play with, and they're not as picky when it comes to food. You also don't have to worry about your dog leaving the yard and disappearing. Well, not as much anyway.

Both animals are my favorite pets to have. I couldn't possibly pick one over the other. smile.png

Edited by Sugar Cube

I like cats because they have softer voices, higher pitches and cute fur. Dogs are more dreadful because when my dog, Teddy, barks, I get extremely pissed off. Also, Teddy can go extremely berserk that he could bite you.

My favourite memory is the cat at my grandma's place, Sylphy. She has grey fur and silently purrs in a cute voice.

Edited by BlasterBlade

I like both for their own reasons, but I think I'll have to say dogs are my favorite just because they're so adorable :D. And very loyal. Plus i've had more dogs then cats.

Kittehs. Easily. I've just never had many good experiences with dogs. The neighbor's dog wasn't really all that nice to anyone, and my friend's dog ALWAYS mobs me whenever I come within 5 feet of it. I've just always had better experiences with cats.

My fondest memory is basically anything my wittle Timmy's ever done. He's just too cute. wub.png  Although, I do remember one time when he bit me kinda hard (playfully, he's not a violent kitty) and I scolded him a bit for it before I went to the bathroom to grab a band-aid. When I opened the door, Timmy was right there, looking up at me, with a look in his eyes that screamed "I'm sorry..." I couldn't help but give him a hug after that. It was adorable. smile.png

I like both of them equally. I love how dogs are playful and loving, but I also love how cute cats are. It is also very cute when a cat comes and lays with you and purrs. Puppies are also extremely cute.

Cats are wonderful creatures. You can have a conversation with them and you feel like they're actually listening. Oddly, cats look like they have human personalities. They act on their own, which makes you view them more as a pet. They also make the internet very fun.

internet_cat_Funny_Cat_and_Dog_Pics-s350

Cats are generally smarter and less work to keep (depending on how rural/urban your area is, you can let them out by themselves instead of walking them yourself).

Some dogs are pretty smart as well but I usually have more of a connection with cats, so cats it is for me.

This one is a tough one. I like both cats and dogs. But then again, the mentality of a dog is "The owner loves me, gives me food and pets me - he's a God" and the mentality of a cat is "The owner loves me, gives me food and pets me - I'm the God". I think dogs are more loyal and more friendly than cats, because, as I said, cats are egoistic narcissists.

But I'd choose a fox over a dog/cat any day~

Edited by Freckle (#YIFF)

I love them both, but I'd say I'm more of a dog person. I like cats, but I do feel like you can do a lot more with dogs.

I don't really have any memories. I've never had any real pets.

I'd say cats.

My sister just got a dog and he's been nothing but trouble.

From peeing everywhere and taking dukey's all over the house, i don't think i can handle having this beast in my house.

*my moms house*

Cats are easier to handle, all they do is pee, poo, eat sleep and cuddle with you. As simple as that!

I think I'm probably more of a cat person, but I love dogs too! I might love dogs more if they weren't so smelly and... slobbery. cats keep themselves clean, and are usually softer. They just appeal to me more than dogs.

• Brohoof 1

Dogs! I love dogs. They're so great. They're loyal, affectionate, you can train them to do a multitude of cool things, fun to play with, fun to be around, cuddly, cute and just all around awesome. I'm cool with cats, but I have trouble getting behind putting love and care into something that doesn't act like it loves you back. Though, I know, some cats can be very affectionate, it doesn't beat the "OH MY GOD I'M SO HAPPY TO SEE YOU EVERY MINUTE OF EVERY DAY!!!!!" of a dog.

One of the things I don't like about cats is the scratching and biting. I realize that dogs can do this too, but you can train them not to, as opposed to cats who just... kinda do whatever they want. Also, when dogs do it (unless they're viciously attacking you) it doesn't hurt as much as when cats do. Also, full-grown well trained dogs don't tend to bite or scratch unless they have a reason, like you're being mean to them. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to me like cats will scratch or bite a person for no real reason at times.

tl;dr:

62268.jpg

Edited by Clover Heart
  • Brohoof 1

When I come home I don't want to be attacked by a furry, licking, barking menace. I love my cat because he is lazy just like me. He'll curl up under my feet when I get home and fall asleep. He makes the perfect companion for my lazy nature! :3

Dogs! I love dogs. They're so great. They're loyal, affectionate, you can train them to do a multitude of cool things, fun to play with, fun to be around, cuddly, cute and just all around awesome. I'm cool with cats, but I have trouble getting behind putting love and care into something that doesn't act like it loves you back. Though, I know, some cats can be very affectionate, it doesn't beat the "OH MY GOD I'M SO HAPPY TO SEE YOU EVERY MINUTE OF EVERY DAY!!!!!" of a dog.

One of the things I don't like about cats is the scratching and biting. I realize that dogs can do this too, but you can train them not to, as opposed to cats who just... kinda do whatever they want. Also, when dogs do it (unless they're viciously attacking you) it doesn't hurt as much as when cats do. Also, full-grown well trained dogs don't tend to bite or scratch unless they have a reason, like you're being mean to them. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems to me like cats will scratch or bite a person for no real reason at times.

tl;dr:

img-1281196-1-62268.jpg

Hello again internet brother! After reading your posts I think we can definitely determine that you are not me as now our similarities seem almost entirely at odds now. That is ok though, you can be a dog person and I will still love you as my internet brother! :D

• Brohoof 1

I am allergic to cats, so that is out of the question.

My father was allergic to dogs, so until he moved out I could not get one. It didn't matter anyways since I had a phobia of them. Even though the phobia is gone I still don't have any dogs.

I'm more of a reptile and spider person.

Edited by ☣Harmonic Revelations☣

I didn't vote because I am definetly both, though I think I like cats a bit more because they're more feminine.  I had a cat years back that I cared much for and still miss.  It makes me sad that most guys these days seem to hate cats.