Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are you a cat person or a dog person?

Mersander

Are you a cat person or a dog person?  

239 users have voted

1. 1. Cats or dogs?

• cats
    • dogs

All my life I've owned dogs. (Because my dad is allergic to cats, plus he doesn't like cats). As much as I like dogs, someday I want to own a cat.(:

It's really sort of debatable which is better. Both have benefits that the other doesn't. Cats are typically shy around people except their owners. Dogs are often friendlier and more affectionate. But are also usually meaner as well. They won't hesitate to threaten you and hurt you if they don't like you. Whereas cats will just run away from you if they don't like you. But Cats are lower maintenance and don't have to be trained to do anything. And they know when you're sad and try to comfort you when you are. Dogs don't. Dogs can be taught special tricks that I haven't heard of cats learning though. But cats are smarter.

I'm really neither kind of person though. I prefer Frogs, Lizards and Turtles lol.

• Brohoof 2

Cats.
Only because dogs scare the hell out of me.
(Which kind of screws with me, since my job is mostly delivering stuff to houses. Not really improved my opinion of them xD)

It's really sort of debatable which is better. Both have benefits that the other doesn't. Cats are typically shy around people except their owners. Dogs are often friendlier and more affectionate. But are also usually meaner as well. They won't hesitate to threaten you and hurt you if they don't like you. Whereas cats will just run away from you if they don't like you. But Cats are lower maintenance and don't have to be trained to do anything. And they know when you're sad and try to comfort you when you are. Dogs don't. Dogs can be taught special tricks that I haven't heard of cats learning though. But cats are smarter.

I'm really neither kind of person though. I prefer Frogs, Lizards and Turtles lol.

mis really debatable . Isn't it ? Oh and yes as i said before reptiles = best pets .
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Cat person, since I was born there been cat, glow up with cats, even we have cats coming to our garden. Now we had four cats, include one stray cat that come to us. Like my cats include who no longer with us. Cats in my famliy are my favorite parts of the famliy.

Edited by AdamBurt
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Dogs. I own a labrador called Rodney. And have made friends with many dogs. I do like cats too, there's one ginger tabby near me called Edward. I really want a pet wolf or fox though.

Edited by ScarfaceOne

I used to try and pretend to be unbiased (yeah right) but I am totally a cat person.  :)  All you have to do is visit my house some time and it's immediately apparent.  I need to post their pictures soon...I love my skitties so much.  :wub:  But don't get me wrong.  I like animals in general and I get along very well with dogs too.  I think the happiest households are the ones where cats and dogs live in harmony.  :yay: 

I'm unashamedly a cat person, even though I like dogs. Cats are easier to take care of, and they're plenty affectionate, but in a much more subdued way than a dog. It's relaxing being around a cat for that reason.

(edited)

• A dog is always happy to see you.

• Dogs know 2 human words from the moment they are born. They are "play" and "food".

Dogs don't sit on your keyboard, not even small ones.

A car would slowly wake you up. A dog will bounce on you and make sure your ass out of bed.

Cat memes are pretty much played out. Doge is gaining steam.

Dogs make good burglar alarms, even though they have a tendency to give false alerts, like when I'm coming home at night and mine barks once and wakes up everyone else.

Edited by Azure Flare

I'd say cats, although I do like dogs, too. Cats are just so. . . Unique. They have such individualized personalities.There are so many people saying how they think cats appear "so and so." You need to own a cat to know why so many people love them. They really are loving creatures; it just takes time to form bonds with them. That put aside, a nice, loyal dog is also a great companion :unsure:  (MLP had a creepy portrayal of dogs)

I think the question can be most thoroughly addressed by invoking the words of the fervent feline-appreciating H.P. Lovecraft:

"...my respect always goes to the cool, sure, impersonal, delicately poised feline who minds his business and never slobbers—the aristocratic, epicurean philosopher who knows what he wants and tells interlopers to go to hell. There is no credit in having a dog attached to one—for a dog can be conditioned to become anybody's slave and property. But a cat is nobody's slave. You do not own a cat. If one lives in your home, it is because he regards your way of life favourably, and accepts you as a friend, as one gentleman accepts another. He takes no kicks or insolence from anyone. If you are not worthy to associate with him, he will depart to seek an environment more suited to a gentleman's taste. Therefore he who retains the respect and companionship of a feline has proven himself to be essentially a superior citizen."

Both! I have 1 dog and 3 cats and love them all dearly (︶ω︶) But if I had to choose starting fresh, I'd say cats! They don't smell bad (or fart as far as I know) My dog can clear a whole building with his poisonous gas toots ( ̄□ ̄;)