Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are you a cat person or a dog person?

Mersander

Are you a cat person or a dog person?  

239 users have voted

1. 1. Cats or dogs?

• cats
    • dogs

Cats are the way I go. You don't have to housebreak them or bathe them; they're very self-sufficient. So essentially, they're for lazy people :P

Edited by ToBeATree

I'm a cat guy. I like the way cats act better than the way dogs act, plus, other reasons of mine...

You don't have to get up at three in thr morning to walk a cat, wait another 10 minutes until it decides to take a dump, then pick it up.

You don't get woken up at two in the morning by a cat barking at it's own shadow.

I've never had a cat bite my nose, or take a leak on my leg.

So I'll always be a cat person. Cats are just friendlier IMO and they don't have near as many problems as dogs. Sure, they shed, but see my reasons above. :P

• Brohoof 1

Cats are evil, they hate me.

I prefer dogs. Much prefer dogs. I want to get a German Shepard trained to obey attack commands. hehehe. Then again, I want to go SF, it probably would be good.

Cats always strike me as aggressive and overly paranoid. They're lone hunters, and if you ever have more than one cat in the house, you can see their fierce nature at work. If you invade their personal space, they'll claw you up good. If you get angry with them, they'll just get angry back. They can be more tame with effort, but it's hard.

..What cats were you hanging out with? That's true if they were abused at a young age or if they're wild! I mean of course, cats get moody. They're independent so they take on more of their own personality and sometimes react like any human would; angrily. If you just respect the cat then they'll be chill, even if you do occasionally step on their tail by accident.

And this is from someone who had a paranoid cat that -was- abused before we adopted him. That and we already had a cat in the house so she wasn't very accepting. However, if they are raised together (even if one's a dog) then they'll be fine. He's currently a lot happier as a wild cat with the rest that were born in that forest.

Of course, I'm not trying to 'convert' you though.

• Brohoof 1

..What cats were you hanging out with? That's true if they were abused at a young age or if they're wild! I mean of course, cats get moody. They're independent so they take on more of their own personality and sometimes react like any human would; angrily. If you just respect the cat then they'll be chill, even if you do occasionally step on their tail by accident.

And this is from someone who had a paranoid cat that -was- abused before we adopted him. That and we already had a cat in the house so she wasn't very accepting. However, if they are raised together (even if one's a dog) then they'll be fine. He's currently a lot happier as a wild cat with the rest that were born in that forest.

Of course, I'm not trying to 'convert' you though.

Well, that's just how they strike me, anyway. Maybe all the crazy cat ladies down here in the south have warped me. I still believe cats are loads of maintenance more than I am comfortable with. I'm glad you have the patience to deal with them, though! Good on you.

I have always been a cat person. I have four cats, their names are: Kitten, Zed, Buster and Shila.

Zed is the oldest at 15 years, he is a tabby. Kitten is the second oldest at 13 years, he is a ginger tabby. Buster and Shila are both siblings at one year old. Buster is a ginger tabby and Shila is a cross between tortise shell calico and tabby.

i am totally NOT a dog person for many reasons...

and i LOVE kitties!!!

i have one cat who is temporarily living with my mom, and my boyfriend and i have two cats in our house. the one at my mom's house is a 13 year old black and white female tuxedo named wildthing

photo

Posted Image

at our house we have a 17 year old dark calico girl named samantha (sam/sammy)

photo

Posted Image

and a 17 year old grey persian long hair boy named psybin (psy/psybee)

photo

Posted Image

cuddle party!! -photos

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I prefer dogs as they are more active than cats, and a lot less maintenance then a cat lol. I can teach a dog but not maintain a cat haha.

aw cutie :) what its name?

and funny, i find cats very low maintenance.

cats = feed them twice a day & clean our their litter box twice a week.

dogs = feed, walk, clean up poop, play with, constant attention...

idk just my two cents. but maybe thats why im a cat person :lol:

i am totally NOT a dog person for many reasons...

and i LOVE kitties!!!

i have one cat who is temporarily living with my mom, and my boyfriend and i have two cats in our house. the one at my mom's house is a 13 year old black and white female tuxedo named wildthing

photo

Posted Image

at our house we have a 17 year old dark calico girl named samantha (sam/sammy)

photo

Posted Image

and a 17 year old grey persian long hair boy named psybin (psy/psybee)

photo

Posted Image

cuddle party!! -photos

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

aw cutie :) what its name?

and funny, i find cats very low maintenance.

cats = feed them twice a day & clean our their litter box twice a week.

dogs = feed, walk, clean up poop, play with, constant attention...

idk just my two cents. but maybe thats why im a cat person :lol:

Marcy is her name, she is a coton de tuleur more generally a Maltese. She doesnt require much maintenance as she tells me when she wants to poop, thus I take her outside, she likes to just chill with everyone lol and always has water and food.

We take her on walks and I take her to the park every now and then :D

Edited by Matus

Dog person completely. Dogs are more inclined to cuddle up to you for no reason, while cats only ever seem to want something out of it, whether it be food or for you to clean their litter box (another point to dogs here for not needing to go in a box!) lest they scratch your furniture to ribbons.

• Brohoof 1

While I love all animals I have always preferred cats to dogs. I just never had luck with dogs in my life.

Between the ages of 2-5 my grandpa has an outside dog named Caulier (don't know where he got that name from) And that dog was a piece of shite. He chased me, bit me, chewed up my shoes, and toys. That dog also had one eye because he was an idiot and like to chase cars. Finally one winter they said he chased a car and wound up breaking his legs and my grandpa had to shoot it. Best day evar.

Then for the longest time my mother and I didn't have pets, until we got two wonderful cats. Then my mom met my step-dad Jeff, and he had a half border collie half German Shepard. That dog was very beautiful, but on two different occasions it snapped at me, once in the nose making me bleed for quite some time. So we gave him to Jeff's dad.

Then some time went by and we thought about getting another dog. We knew a dog breeder that specialized in black labs, so we wound up getting one and named him shadow. We got him formal training and that dog was a great dog. He knew all sorts of commands and was loyal. He was so trained we could put a nice, raw t-bone steak on the floor next to him, and he would wait for our command to let him eat it. We then thought about getting him a friend. First we tried an American Eskimo, that after two hours of owning it ran away and never came back. Then we thought, why not get another black lab? So we found someone who had a girl lab names Zuzu. She was a really sweet dog, but was horribly trained. It chewed on everything and eventually became too much of a hassle, so we got rid of here.

Then in 2003 my brother was born. On tow separate occasions my mom had my bro sitting on the couch while she went to so things, and came back to Shadow in his face growling with all of his teeth showing. So we said fuck that. My brother comes before my pets, and we got rid of him.

Edit: I have also been chased by dogs when I lived in St. Louis. There was a huge problem with dog fighting, and when they were too much to handle, people would just let them go. Most terrifying experience I have ever had.

So you see that I have just had really bad luck with dogs. They either run away, bite me, or try attacking my brother.

The reason why I also prefer cats, is they have more of a personality. Your cat could be sitting on the end of the bed, you try to call them, and they just look at you as if they are saying "fuk dat, im comfortable" and that is something I can respect. I know dogs are loyal, but sometimes I feel that they are too loyal. A cat likes his space and will do what he/she wants, and that makes me happy.

Edited by DashingRainbow36

While I love all animals I have always preferred cats to dogs. I just never had luck with dogs in my life.

Between the ages of 2-5 my grandpa has an outside dog named Caulier (don't know where he got that name from) And that dog was a piece of shite. He chased me, bit me, chewed up my shoes, and toys. That dog also had one eye because he was an idiot and like to chase cars. Finally one winter they said he chased a car and wound up breaking his legs and my grandpa had to shoot it. Best day evar.

Then for the longest time my mother and I didn't have pets, until we got two wonderful cats. Then my mom met my step-dad Jeff, and he had a half border collie half German Shepard. That dog was very beautiful, but on two different occasions it snapped at me, once in the nose making me bleed for quite some time. So we gave him to Jeff's dad.

Then some time went by and we thought about getting another dog. We knew a dog breeder that specialized in black labs, so we wound up getting one and named him shadow. We got him formal training and that dog was a great dog. He knew all sorts of commands and was loyal. He was so trained we could put a nice, raw t-bone steak on the floor next to him, and he would wait for our command to let him eat it. We then thought about getting him a friend. First we tried an American Eskimo, that after two hours of owning it ran away and never came back. Then we thought, why not get another black lab? So we found someone who had a girl lab names Zuzu. She was a really sweet dog, but was horribly trained. It chewed on everything and eventually became too much of a hassle, so we got rid of here.

Then in 2003 my brother was born. On tow separate occasions my mom had my bro sitting on the couch while she went to so things, and came back to Shadow in his face growling with all of his teeth showing. So we said fuck that. My brother comes before my pets, and we got rid of him.

Edit: I have also been chased by dogs when I lived in St. Louis. There was a huge problem with dog fighting, and when they were too much to handle, people would just let them go. Most terrifying experience I have ever had.

So you see that I have just had really bad luck with dogs. They either run away, bite me, or try attacking my brother.

The reason why I also prefer cats, is they have more of a personality. Your cat could be sitting on the end of the bed, you try to call them, and they just look at you as if they are saying "fuk dat, im comfortable" and that is something I can respect. I know dogs are loyal, but sometimes I feel that they are too loyal. A cat likes his space and will do what he/she wants, and that makes me happy.

this is completely unrelated to your comment or this post SORRY!!!!

BUT YOUR ICON IS AWESOME :D :wub:

did you make it???

I have a cat, she's so affectionate and loving. She's always loitering on my bed or the desk, it's so fun. And it's pretty awesome. :3

Where's the option for "both"?

I have two cats that I adopted trough an organization affiliated with the ASPCA. One is a nervous, fluffy orange thing. The other is an outgoing "been there, done that" attention whore. I like cats because they're independent, intelligent and they have their own likes and dislikes.

I also have a big dog who loves to go for a run, chase squirrels and play fetch. I like my dog because he's energetic, spontaneous and loyal.

• Brohoof 1

Where's the option for "both"?

I agree with you, I love both too and this thread make it sound like if you choose one, you dislike the other. The both have their qualities and flaws :)

this is completely unrelated to your comment or this post SORRY!!!!

BUT YOUR ICON IS AWESOME :D :wub:

did you make it???

Haha its ok, I just went onto google images and searched ponies smoking weed and found it, I also have one that I made!

post-889-0-94806800-1343858812.jpg

Dogs are amazing! Tell ya the truth i dont get why cats are so adored.... besides the fact they are cute, I never get the feeling that they love me.... If I were to come home to a house with a cat, the cat will ignore me... If I came home to a house with a dog the dog will jump on me and start trying to love on me! I just love that after a horrible day at school ^-^

• Brohoof 2

Cats are annoying, snobby, ungrateful jerks.

Dogs are sweet, loyal, protective and mans best friend...

Think I'll go with dogs.