Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are you a cat person or a dog person?

Mersander

Are you a cat person or a dog person?  

239 users have voted

1. 1. Cats or dogs?

• cats
    • dogs

Definitely dogs. Cat's are alright, I suppose, but dogs are cute, loyal, useful, obedient, and they're not cats.

Plus, they alert you of intruders and will protect you when necessary. A cat will just purr and lick it's ass during a robbery.

I'm a dog person. They're so lovable and just more affectionate than cats. Cats just kind of do their own thing which makes me feel like "Hey, I feed you, give you a nice warm home to return to and clean up the messes you make and THIS is how you repay me? By ignoring me or outright avoiding me? sad.png " . My dog is always happy to see me and I'm always happy to see her; it's a win win situation we got going on.

Those cats are slave drivers I tell ya. Slave drivers dry.png

I prefer my kitties.

They are pretty low matinence, I've never seen my cat throw up a hairball, and they are so fluffy and cute.

My parents dog? He has to be walked at the very least twice every week, he barks at everything, and the backyard is full of his poop. 'nuff said.

• Brohoof 1

Cats all the way! I love them. Dogs kind of scare me to be honest. There are probably three dogs that I know of right now that I actually like. Cats are great because they're super independent but they can also be really sweet and cuddly. Dogs are just around all the time, always underfoot and begging for food and slobbering and barking...the barking is probably the biggest reason I don't like them. Cats have cute little meows they make but dogs bark and it drives me crazy. So yeah...cats! Plus at some point in my life I'm gonna end up being a cat lady and that suits me just fine

• Brohoof 1

I'm definitely more of a cat person, I never really found a dog that I've become affectionate for. I had a cat for the majority of my life that we had to get rid of last year. It was one of the most heartbreaking things I've ever had to do.

• Brohoof 1

Hello!

All my life, i lived with dogs beside be, though i never got used to them... I'm the kind of person, that doesn't have the nerve to raise Dogs, especially very active and energetic ones like black Labs... I'm not a dog hater, but i'm definately not a dog lover aswell. This will be a little strange, because i choose "Cats", without having had a cat in my life :P

Dogs. Declawing cats is considered inhumane (and outright wreckless in these parts) and I hate having my inner thigh treated as a pin cushion. dogs also tend to actually be aware of what mood your in and at least mine stay far enough away when I first walk in the door. Unlike the cat that decides annoying the fuzz out of me is always the way to go cause screw him, he's not hungry, he's just making food for no damn reason! I'll take throwing a tennis ball for 30 minutes and deal with my own mouse problems over having to deal with an annoying and nearly useless cat. I don't find them adorable either.

I like both!

Cats can be great company when you are alone and sad and I had one that was literally my best friend when I was a child. ((Rest well Moonie sad.png ))

But dogs are also very loyal and extraordinary company.biggrin.png

So it's very hard to choose between them.

Definitely dogs, they're always there for you, and are enthusiastic. They love you no matter what, and when you're around one and looking for something to do, the good ol' canine is right there to help entertain you. I have two dogs right now, used to have two cats and a different dog, god bless their souls. sad.png

I'm a big animal lover though, whether they be rabbits (one of my favorites biggrin.png), doggies, kitties, wolves (another favorite), ponies, etc. Also for some reason, I find dogs more cute with the silly things they do and when they're puppies they are the most adorable things I've ever seen. Besides, cats don't do anything... just my opinion though, I still like cats.

Definitely dogs. Cat's are alright, I suppose, but dogs are cute, loyal, useful, obedient, and they're not cats.

Plus, they alert you of intruders and will protect you when necessary. A cat will just purr and lick it's ass during a robbery.

P.S. That just made my day, thank you good sir, or madame! That was golden!

Edited by Admiral Colt

Hmm...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oq8nYgnE93Y

33y43ms.jpg

Cats.  Cats all the way.  Dogs are just too enthusiastic; cats are introverted, seemingly brooding, and slightly resentful to their human overlords, all excellent qualities that make them very...interesting.

And, of course, we shouldn't call something "affection" without first observing Morgan's Canon.

• Brohoof 1

I'm more of a dog person really, I've had more dogs in my life, and cats just aren't as fond with me, we've had 1 cat and she was a bit of a mean cat for the most part, although she was ok, but she would randomly get angry sometimes.

And we've just had more dogs then cats anyways. I like dogs a bit more since they look cuter to me anyways.

I like dogs, infact I have a dog that's living with my mom right now. however, at the end of the day i'm always a cat person. because kitties like to cuddle and love on you and they aren't as loud and obnoxious as dogs. I like the plump kitties with silky short hair and baby blue eyes. I hope to one day get a scottish fold.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNS6SUe-kGc

I like both and have owned both in the past but I do have a slight preference for dogs, I like their loyalty and they are relatively easy to train.

Definely a cat person.Cats are my favorite animals and i love them,though i had to get rid of my cats :( (read some blog entries for info).I have'nt had a dog in a long time though.

• Brohoof 1

I'm more of a dog person. I've lived with at least one dog all my life and they've all been extremely loyal and loving. It really is a nice feeling to enter the house and see your dog waiting for you at the door. It was an odd feeling not being greeted during the period after my first dog died.

• Brohoof 1

I love both animals so much!!! How could I possibly choose?

Dogs are so perky and happy, and yes slobbery, and cute!

But cats have that mysterious factor and are very interesting to live with.

Oh, they are both such good species of animal! I want to go with both so I won't have to choose. But I'll go with dogs since I've never owned a cat... smile.png

Edited by TheSupremeLeaderOfChaos
  • Brohoof 1

I am for sure a cat person. I had 2 cats but sadly I only have 1 now. Mine now is a tuxedo cat and he is 16 years old haha. I'm honestly afraid of dogs. I got bit once and it hurt like hell.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

i've owned dogs and cats my whole life, but I prefer cats. dogs are just too clingy for me. i don't want to be rubbing a dog all the time. why can't they understand that? Cats just like to leave you alone. if they want a rub, they'll come up for one, receive it, and walk away. Cats don't take up my time. plus they learn to poop in a box just by sitting in it! do you know how long it took me to teach one of my dogs to go to the door if he had to poop? But cats, you just put them in a box. They get it. Cats are simple like that.

I do like cat's...but most cats I have met look at owners as...owners. Dogs look at owners like...GODS (Most of the time)

Allot of the time dogs become dependent on the owner and will look at the owner as their best friend. They have a special connection that nothing can break...

This can be true with some cats as well...but most of the cats I have met are very independent, which is fine but it mean's there isn't really as much of a connection...which makes Flame Dancer sad sad.png 

Dogs are pack animals and have a strong sense of loyalty. Assuming you train them properly, they are there to serve you, and will be your best friend through thick and thin. Cats, on the other hand, have a strong sense of independence, and really only serve their own needs. These are not concrete by any means, but they are accurate generalizations.

I have been a dog person all my life, and every dog I have ever owned has helped me develop into the person I am today. Less than a year ago I experienced the passing of one my dogs, Gizmo, for the first time. He was old and his body was giving out, so my family and I made the conscious decision to put him down and end his suffering. It was one of the hardest decisions I have ever made, and one of the most emotional experiences of my life. I currently own two dogs, a seven month old biewer terrier (Leo) and a five year old yorkshire terrier (Odi).

Definitely a cat person. I absolutely fucking LOATHE dogs not because I have anything wrong with them inherently but because EVERY FREAKIN PERSON on my block owns a dog and EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM barks incessantly, and thus I've developed a severe distaste for them. I like big, quiet, fluffly dogs.

Cat person.

Dogs are loud, dumb attention seekers. I'd much rather have an antisocial pet than one that's always up in your business.

It also helps that I found a nearly dead kitten, that was about two days old, and nursed it back to health.