Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Chick-Fil-A: Cow Appreciation Day

Gone Airbourne

Well today has been a extremely crazy day for me! Supposedly today was supposed to be Cow Appreciation Day @ Chick- Fil -A! I started working at Chick-Fil-A only about a month ago & I currently love it here compared to my last job Mcdonalds where I worked for about 2+ years.

From the time I clocked in and clocked out we were SLAMMED no breaks whatsoever! Here are some pictures from my work! Did you go to Chick-Fil-A for Cow Appreciation Day?

This was the "calm" part of the day! @ around 10am-1pm the whole entire lobby until outside the restaurant was full! People were taking pictures & everything xD!!

Edited by GoneAirbourne
  • Brohoof 1

I find it funny how a establishment has a day named Cow Appreciation Day, I can bet that on special was beef and other cow products. Cause we shall worship the animal by eating it. I mean, that works right?

• Brohoof 3

And lastly the Appreciation Day? That's just because their food is pretty much on sale for certain products now. I freaking HATE HATE HATE McDonalds food, but if they went on sale for a BigMac of a buck, expect me going their with a shopping cart. Before their Appreciation Day, did their business hurt? Yes it did. This is the companies hope to bring back some customers from their Presidents mess.

Edited by Scootacool
Removing off-topic content.
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

And lastly the Appreciation Day? That's just because their food is pretty much on sale for certain products now. I freaking HATE HATE HATE McDonalds food, but if they went on sale for a BigMac of a buck, expect me going their with a shopping cart. Before their Appreciation Day, did their business hurt? Yes it did. This is the companies hope to bring back some customers from their Presidents mess.

Oh GOD when I worked @ Mcdonalds (which was my first job in HS) I NEVER ate there! They even made you pay for your food... not that I wanted to eat there anyways. I always brought my own lunch with me there. At least @ CFA I get to have free lunch on any of the menu items during lunch break :D! Edited by Scootacool

Just got some Zaxby's actually and that is some amazing food! ;)

Also, this is clearly a stunt by Mike Huckabee to try and show that social conservatives are still strong.

Edited by TheEngineer
  • Brohoof 1

Oh GOD when I worked @ Mcdonalds (which was my first job in HS) I NEVER ate there! They even made you pay for your food... not that I wanted to eat there anyways. I always brought my own lunch with me there. At least @ CFA I get to have free lunch on any of the menu items during lunch break :D!

If you have to eat at a burger joint, go to 5 Guys Burgers and Fries. God almighty, the perfect burger. I usually ordered a Double Bacon Cheeseburger and they made patties from raw beef there with fresh bacon strips and cooked in in front of you! AND all the toppings are FREE!!! Grilled Onions, mushrooms, A1 sauce, if they have it it's a free condiment! They would always give me a cup of fries (so weird but I liked it) and filled more in the bag if they could. They even made grilled fried bacon cheese dogs! It's a tad expensive (Like around 6 bucks for a burger like I got if I recall) but so darn worth it.....

post-5025-0-84512100-1343858706.jpg

• Brohoof 1

Just got some Zaxby's actually and that is some amazing food! ;)

Also, this is clearly a stunt by Mike Huckabee to try and show that conservatives are still strong.

Mmmm.. just had hot wings from there yesterday with my friends xD! That place is the bomb Shoot hot wings how could you POSSIBLY go wrong ;)!

If you have to eat at a burger joint, go to 5 Guys Burgers and Fries. God almighty, the perfect burger. I usually ordered a Double Bacon Cheeseburger and they made patties from raw beef there with fresh bacon strips and cooked in in front of you! AND all the toppings are FREE!!! Grilled Onions, mushrooms, A1 sauce, if they have it it's a free condiment! They would always give me a cup of fries (so weird but I liked it) and filled more in the bag if they could. They even made grilled fried bacon cheese dogs! It's a tad expensive (Like around 6 bucks for a burger like I got if I recall) but so darn worth it.....

If I ever ate at Mcdonalds... I made sure (I) was the one making it... Almost every manager & team member cooked the meat with their BARE hands!!!! That is why I left the place to begin with... The one I worked at just opened 2 years ago & I was one of the opening members. Pretty much all the decent people that had worked there left & for good reason. That place has such a bad reputation... everyone I know around the area that I live hates Mcdonalds for that.
  • Brohoof 1

Aww yeah, Five Guys is the best fast food around! I really cannot think of a better quick burger I've ever had.

Five Guys = Real good tasting hamburgers & fries

Mcdonalds = Posted Image

Oh god now that I look at that picture i never want to go there AGAIN!

Ooooh, and Quizno's Great tasting subs and the original Toasty sub (commercialized as such anyways) The customer service was freaking awesome every single time I went to one, even ones across the country!

The WORST PLACE TO EAT? -------------> Checkers

I ordered there over a dozen times and they NEVER ONCE got my order right. One time I ordered a cheeseburger with chili fries and a tea sugared no ice. They gave me a chicken burger, small fries and a non sweetened tea FULL OF ICE!!!

I told the driver to turn around so I could chuck my food in their face. He would not comply.

I find it funny how a establishment has a day named Cow Appreciation Day, I can bet that on special was beef and other cow products. Cause we shall worship the animal by eating it. I mean, that works right?

You confusing Hinduists with Christians AGAIN, Tich?

The day is just more or less a promotional day for Chick-Fil-A. Never made sense to me, but whatever floats their boats.

• Brohoof 1

@@KakeiTheWolf, Beef Appreciation Day is a better name if your intent is consumption, not Cow Appreciation Day. Because the latter seems more like you appreciate the animal, not the meat, yet eating the meat on that day seems a bit off.

It is my own opinion.

@@KakeiTheWolf, Beef Appreciation Day is a better name if your intent is consumption, not Cow Appreciation Day. Because the latter seems more like you appreciate the animal, not the meat, yet eating the meat on that day seems a bit off.

It is my own opinion.

And I respect your right to have an opinion. BOOM! Checkmate!

But the reason why it is called that is due to their long stating joke in their fairly complex advertisements. They've often had anthropomorphic cows in their ads because the cows essentially "protest" the usage of beef in fast food, and guide the slaughter rocket towards chicken. Some silly rot that has gone on for years. Despite Chick-Fil-A being a chicken restaurant, this advertisement campaign landed cows as their mascots (in a sense). The Cow Appreciation Day follows the flow of this arbitrary canon and is essentially a support of the cow's protests. Some silliness like that.

Edited by Scootacool

Guys, I can understand that many of you disagree with the views of CFA. However, this thread is to discuss their “Cow Appreciation Day”, it is not to debate the political and social views of the company.

We actually already have a thriving discussion on the topic of CFA's social views, which you can find here:

http://mlpforums.com/topic/26171-chick-fil-a-controversy-a-light-hearted-banter/

Feel free to join in that thread and let your perspective be known. :)

• Brohoof 1

Guys, I can understand that many of you disagree with the views of CFA. However, this thread is to discuss their “Cow Appreciation Day”, it is not to debate the political and social views of the company.

We actually already have a thriving discussion on the topic of CFA's social views, which you can find here:

http://mlpforums.com...hearted-banter/

Feel free to join in that thread and let your perspective be known. :)

Well crud, you're right. This was so off topic now... As for the Appreciation day I actually feel it was only made to get more people to rally in light of their President's idiotic announcement.

Oh, I'm not sure if you can properly say anything about the Appreciation Day without any of this being mentioned since it seems to directly relate to that matter, but I know what you are trying to put out here.

Edited by Scootacool
Should be back on topic now. :)