Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Look at some of your old posts.

I_wesley125

Dude... I read an old fanfic I wrote on Zelda Universe, and it was so  terrible that I begged one of the webmasters to delete it. Holy shit was it bad...

Oh Good Lord I am ashamed of myself...

I hate looking at old posts. I sound so pretentious and Ms. Know-It-All. Didn't I know how to have fun back then? What was wrong with me? Dx

My oldest post, on a video game forum:

"Hi,
I'm new on this forum and my Avatar won't work. Same thing for BB codes.
Is it normal or is it a glitch that may be fixed?
BUT, my Signature work perfectly...

I wanna post stuff, not talking about my avatar.
Thanks!"

It's not that bad actually, and my english was horrible then.

Some of the stuff that I did when I was like 11 or so makes me facepalm so hard. So, so hard. Like when I became a moderator on a forum. Bad idea.

On this forum, my feelings about Applejack, Rainbow Dash, and the Mysterious Mare Do Well were all significantly less strong than they are now. 

It's... old postception. 

I'm reading an old post in a thread about old posts. You couldn't get more recursive if you tried.

40421815.jpg

Well, I suppose you could...

• Brohoof 1

My old posts on Gaia and anything other than Facebook and DeviantArt are more funny than bad. My old posts on Facebook really make me cringe. I can't look at them. I went overboard with so many things and lied to get attention and sympathy... I made my first Deviant Art account when I was 9 and back then I was obsessed with tornados. So I took pictures of tornados from google and put them on my account, then some girl said that its stealing. I didn't think it was stealing back then. :s

Wait until you're even older, it gets worse...  I look at some of the posts I made on a website I used to run almost a half a lifetime ago...

Fuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

Most of my old posts seem to be fine, but this one...

I try to make really vague references wherever I can and i usually hum the theme in the shower. I'll probably never end up saying everypony casually though.

I don't even understand how I liked the theme, considering I now cringe whenever I hear it. It has got to be my least favourite thing about the show. I can still relate to the latter of this post though.

Edited by -Stargazer-

My posts have gone from:

Embarrassing>Meh>Passable>Solid>HOLY CRAP THAT'S COOL ;) >"I've merged your thread with one you probably could've found if you'd taken a few minutes :P ", with a few pretty good ones in on the side, in my own humble opinion of course ;)

You can really tell the difference between time periods when I've posted on here. Looking back at some of my old posts can be like looking at something written by a different person. The difference is more noticeable on a tennis forum I hop onto from time to time.

I still have my old posts on another forum. I remember I used exclamation marks at the end every time I talked. I don't understand some of them. I remember I talked more, though.

Use one hand, relax, and enjoy? Or use two hands, slap everywhere, and throw everyone's ears off?

Oh so goodbye to Google! My Wii is safe! No my Wii! I don't have a Wii Laptop! I don't want to build onez!

Nor, really? ...

I can tell you one thing, and not just from seeing posts from this site particularly, I have definitely matured enough that I can clearly see. I'm glad I have xP

A bit weird seeing your older posts from back in the day. 

• 2 years later...

(ahem, I'm looking at others' old posts hehe)

I've done that a few times and the feeling of seeing my old posts is really awkward, mainly on other sites. It's like someone else had made them yet I know it was me. Really interesting.

I stand by my original post in this topic, even to this day. Aside from two things: My defending of this fandom, and my ignorant entirely-bandwagon snobbery toward the earlier generations of MLP. Otherwise there's not much I would have said 2011 and beyond that would make me cringe, honestly.

Some of them are really bad, but the worst posts I made were not on this forum anyway. I've been involved in some flame wars on Youtube ages ago, and those really make me cringe...as does my spelling in my saved MSN conversations of old. At one point I actually thought it was cool to intentionally misspell every other word and use the Dutch equivalent of tlkng liek dis. Seeing that now makes my eyes bleed.

On this forum I think I've made quite sensible posts on the whole, although there will be a number of them I wouldn't agree with anymore.

I think the writers might of seen some of my old posts to be honest lol. 

One of the first posts I made on this site. 

So I recently took a dive and watched all of mlp for the first time. I loved it and I will be finding a way to follow future seasons. However there are plot holes and things that could be expanded to make the show even better. 

Return of the changelings: I would love to see a return of the changelings as the episodes they were featured in were some of my favorite. however I would love one to be on the pony side, sort of like what happened to discord. Maybe a filly changeling or something. 

Equestrian war: A plot involving all ponies banding against a common threat (like the changelings) would be amazing. It can deal with the moral conflicts that arises from war, each characters position on it (Rainbowdash being for fighting for her friends cause she is loyal, Fluttershy being against it because of fear). Plus Celestia has an army for a reason. 

Expansion of non-pony races: Zebras and Griffins have been shown as sentient beings with their own culture that is intermingled with ponies. However they have not really been explored to any substantial degree. I would love an episode about why Zecora left her homeland or where griffins call their home. Also what are these creatures opinions on pony folk? 

Tougher morals: so far the show dealt with light issues and dilemmas but the show would benefit from plots that are harder to answer. Especially for the Cmc so they can grow and mature. 

giving more of a nod to fan content; Fan content is what drew me to mlp. I would love to see a stronger and slightly crazier Pinky Pie with deadpool level fourth wall breaking. Her sister Maud is phenomenally strong so it would not be a stretch to make her that way too. Also more references/ parodies of other things would be amazing. 

Rainbowdash writing; I would love to see rainbowdash starting to write like her idol and go through the common problems found with new writers like lack of conflict for mary sue main character and what not. 

What else would make the show even better? What do you want to see explored that they haven't yet?

Nearly every single one of those things have happened since then. Isn't that neat? 

I was mature enough when I joined this site, but others?... My goodness, I was like...seven when I joined YouTube, maybe eight. Boy did I say some things. Even posts on my old videos from when I got a bit older are still embarrassing because I was still too young. Nowadays, I know how to act like a civilized human. c:

That's tough, cause my old posts are on sites that have closed down. 

I was on wrestling roundtable forums. That's gone and moved to facebook, where all the trolls reside.

I was on Sodahead. The forums were locked last year and now the site is solely focused on marketing their custom polling software. It's practically a dead domain now. 

I used to be on this one furry site, but the name escapes me at the moment. And that has closed down. 

So the only real record of comments I have outside of digging through Youtube, is right here on MLP forums. 

No regrets. I write my thoughts as they are, knowing full well they may no longer be factual or in-line with current information after a certain period of time.

You shouldn't feel bad for having a change of mind-- i personally think that people who don't learn, listen, or refine their opinion come new information are the ones that should feel bad.

(edited)

It's actually kind of fun to look back at some of my old posts.

A lot has happened sense I joined the forums over 3 years ago, and I find it interesting to see how my opinions and how I expressed them have changed.

Hopefully I changed in a good way.

Edited by cmarston1

When it comes to this site, i probably wouldn't feel anything, because i meant everything i said, when i said it.

When it comes to the sites since 2004, especially during my Youtube days...i think i don't want to talk about it. :P

Reading my old posts on this forum is embarrassing enough, but it's even moreso when I read them from some of the first forums I've ever used

I felt really clingy when I first started posting, didn't know how to handle when someone quoted my post and then sometimes an argument would ensue. Thankfully I have changed completely. :adorkable: