Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Look at some of your old posts.

I_wesley125

Looking back, the only difference between my internet self in 2009 and my internet self now is that when I write roleplay-related lore, at least the MLP ones make more sense than my old Sonic the Hedgehog ones. The verbosity is still there, though; I still have endless-block-of-text writing down pat.

I registered just last summer so the stronger shame about old posts of mine hasn't kicked in just yet, but it's inevitable and will arrive at some point.  :D I'm not really looking forward to it but at least that kind of shame tells me how much I've changed as a person over time.

Like I said originally in this topic (four years ago?), I don't think I'd look back at many of my posts ever made here in shame. I joined here as an adult. My life has been a rollercoaster since, but unlike when I was a teenager I have handled the rollercoasters with more maturity.

Posts on forums/blogs from when I was a teenager should all be burned.

I absolutely refuse to go back to my old posts. I will tell you though that a lot of them are just something extremely stupid that I thought. Just the nature of myself a few years ago, and it's awful. Going through content that contains my old self is the worst feeling ever, it's worse than sitting through school.

Going through content that contains my old self is the worst feeling ever, it's worse than sitting through school.

I can absolutely relate, even though not with my old posts here (yet). There's this another forum where I spent a lot of time in the past, and the fact that I was 12 when I joined probably tells enough. Sometimes I still go back to remember what kind of a person I have been at some point and I'm never impressed about it.

This was the post that started my love for RPs, that brought me into my greatest RP, that introduced me to great friends I sadly don't speak with all that often, and was the post that got me to start brainstorming more for my OC's backstory.

Snowflake sits in his chair in his cottage by the Everfree forest he then looks at his mail "more and more contracts to find missing foal" Snowflake gets off his chair "I'm a mercenary and this is all I have been getting" Snowflake puts his hooves on his head in stress "I can't spend my time searching aimlessly.... and with no other contracts coming in but rescue and return, I'm going to go poor if I can't find them" Snowflake slams his right hoof on the table "DAMMIT where are these children at" Snowflake takes a look at the Equestria map "I will find you foalnapper and I will see that you are brought to justice" Snowflake then decides its best to go to bed and search again in the morning

This brings back so many memories... I really wish we actually finished this RP.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...

Most I don't bother with, while there are some I just "man...what an asshole this guy is."

(years later...

Some of them can be painful to read, so I usually go back and edit them. You can tell, because I did the exact same for this one. :p

Edited by Cash_In

Yeah, some of them could use a tweak here and there. But overall I'm okay with a lot of them. I'm just glad I've remained consistent in most ways and haven't lost the personality of my younger self over time. 

• 8 months later...

A good amount of my old posts are straight up cringe material. I either said things I thought were funny but weren’t or things that were rude. I have done my best to edit said posts over time but I know I won’t be able to reach them all.

Oh well :twi: