Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How secretive are you about being a brony/pegasister and why?

Anonymous~

How seacretive are you about you being a brony/pegasister?  

250 users have voted

1. 1. Who knows that you are a brony?

• Everyone that I met atleast once know that I'm a brony. (Everyone, even a five year old girl named Sheril)
    • A lot of people, but only those who I trust. (school/work mates, family, friends.)
    • Only my family members and/or close friends.
    • A small circle of people that include both bronies and non-bronies. ( 8-12 people)
    • A small circle of people that include only bronies. ( 5-12 people)
    • Only few people that I love/trust. ( 2-5 people )
    • I keep it a secret from everyone. (0 people)
    • What's a bronei...broni... how do you even spell this word?
  2. 2. Would you like that more people would know that you're a brony/pegasister?

• Yes, I would love that more people knew.
    • Yes, but only a couple of people.
    • I like it as it is.
    • No, a couple of people shouldn't know about it.
    • No, I would like that few people knew about it.
    • None of the above. I would like both. I would like that some wouldn't know about it and some would know that I'm a brony.

Similar to "How open are you about ponies?" ? yes.

Same as "how open are you about ponies?" ? No.

Why? because in this thread/poll you discuss not how open you are about ponies, but who in real life knows that you are a brony and why only they know about it or should know about it.

And yes, I'm talking about people NOT from the internet, but people from the real world.

Ok. here we go. Only my family and closest friends know that I'm a brony/furry. Why? I don't feel like sharing this kind of info with other people or school-mates, knowing they all MAY hate what I am and I MAY get a lot of "Foes". It's better for only my closest friends to know, because only they understand and tolerate who I am. It's a bit ironic that school-mates that I held good firends could turn out to be my worst enemies. And why should they all react to it negatively you ask? Why, it's simple. Here in Lithuania it's like in soviet russia (mainly because russians occupied us back in the day...) meaning that everything is opposite here, everyone hate people that aren't the same (They all just hate/disciminate any kind of "imperfection" like homosexuality or people with... red hair http://mlpforums.com/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.png), they aren't friendly (well, most of us Lithuanians aren't) and etc. It's like I'm not a lithuanian, I'm more like British or american... I think, because I'm a bit different than the other lithuanians. Think this is getting off-topic now...

I also would love that more people would know about it, because it's really hard for me to keep it a secret. I would love that my school-mates would know that I'm a brony aka MLP fan and maybe even they would like MLP:FiM too. But this is just a dream that will never come true...

Anyways, For each theyr own as I say. So vote and post why are you keeping it a secret or why aren't you keeping it a secret.

Edited by Freckle
  • Brohoof 1

I had to vote " No, a couple of people shouldn't know about it." because I told a few people at school, who are too close minded and haven't experienced the internet out side of facebook...it really sucks because I regret telling one person that I watched it because he goes around saying that I like MLP which is sorta annoying I don't really care anymore anyway. but I despise his style of hatting because he does not know what a brony is at all, fair enough some haters know what it is and stuff(but still have not watched it), but this guy has no idea at all.

Edited by Flare

not really secretive, but few people has ever bothered paying attention to my Vinyl Scratch shirt, or said anything about the show in general. my fmaily knows, though, and my little brother being the only one who didn't like it even after watching the pilot episode.

it'd be fun if more people knew about it, though.

Not really secretive at all. All my friends and family know. If anybody asks, I tell them. I occasionally bring it up with strangers, but only if they seem like they might be a being as well. I mean, it's not like I'm going to start talking about MLP to some random lady in the line at wal mart.

• Brohoof 1

Interesting results we are having here...

I had to vote " No, a couple of people shouldn't know about it." because I told a few people at school, who are too close minded and haven't experienced the internet out side of facebook...it really sucks because I regret telling one person that I watched it because he goes around saying that I like MLP which is sorta annoying I don't really care anymore anyway. but I despise his style of hatting because he does not know what a brony is at all, fair enough some haters know what it is and stuff(but still have not watched it), but this guy has no idea at all.

Eeyup, I am afraid this could happen too to me.

Eh, I go around shouting PONIES a lot because I love to see people's weirdo reactions to that. "I LOVE PONIES, DO YOU LOVE PONIES? PONIES PONIES PONIES! PONYGASMS!" Hee, especially around my sister. I don't really care who knows. It's one of those things that I find the reaction of people amusing. They usually don't hate; they just give me a weird look when I ramble about how much I like to draw them.

Minus parents, but I talked about that in another thread. Maybe I'll tell my mom someday. Eh, don't really want to.

(Hey, you didn't forget about us pegasisters unlike those other threads! Good job.)

• Brohoof 1

Eh, I go around shouting PONIES a lot because I love to see people's weirdo reactions to that. "I LOVE PONIES, DO YOU LOVE PONIES? PONIES PONIES PONIES! PONYGASMS!" Hee, especially around my sister. I don't really care who knows. It's one of those things that I find the reaction of people amusing. They usually don't hate; they just give me a weird look when I ramble about how much I like to draw them.

Minus parents, but I talked about that in another thread. Maybe I'll tell my mom someday. Eh, don't really want to.

(Hey, you didn't forget about us pegasisters unlike those other threads! Good job.)

I envy of your personality, wish I would have the guts to say something like that out loud. Ponygasm... that made my day lulz.

You should talk to them when you feel like it. I did so, and they were a bit negative about it at first, though later they were ok that I'm a brony/furry. Good luck :P

And how could I forget the ladies of Equestria? Never ! ^_^

Edited by Freckle

I've always felt comfortable sharing my interests and perspectives with others, regardless of any potential reactions I may receive. Sure, on the odd occasion people may jokingly ridicule me, since they view me as different, but I just tend to laugh straight back at them, as I perceive them as being all the same. :P

As far as sharing my affinity for FiM goes, I generally only use the topic as a method of facilitating discussion, rather than a conversation starter. Seeing as the show appears somewhat unconventional to most, I find that discussing aspects of MLP in a more passive manner seems the be the most appropriate choice of action; I can always be a bit more avid If others are willing to hear about the series.

• Brohoof 1

I'm not just incredibly open about it. Although now I do have a shirt, and my friends know. But I've only let people know since I've entered Winter Break, so the majority don't know. (that is aside from my LJ friend(s). I've had a Pinkie Pie icon on there for months.)

Oh, here I am acting like it's something to hide. It's just that although I don't hide what I like, I don't shove it in other's faces. I've never hid that I like cartoons/animation so it wouldn't come as much of a shock to others anyway.

My parents don't know, though, and I'd rather keep it that way. =P

Edited by Envy
  • Brohoof 1

People that call others "Ponyfags" will end up being the last ones to join the sensation, but they will. Also, I am VERY open about being a brony now. I started a school club for bronies.
  • Brohoof 2

I'm as open about it as a reserved person can be. I have a pony shirt I wear, a pony desktop at work along with stationary. I think most people I'm around know I'm a pony fan because I've liked MLP since I was five, collect G1 and G3 (not the 3.5 which are the creepy big headed ones, just the ones that resemble G1), and dressed up as a pony for Halloween last year (a G1 pony) but I don't think that they know what FIM is or care. I'm a girl so it doesn't really shock people. They're like, oh, that's cute.

Since I'm more reserved than outgoing, I'm not like "hi, I like ponies!". I'm like "help, a stranger is talking to me!"

• Brohoof 1

I only told my brother, and that's it.

I would like to tell more, but I'd feel that I'd be risking something if I told the wrong people.

And I don't know what would happen if it were to become public.

I'm not secretive about it but I don't yell it out to the world either XD I won't deny it if people ask me but I wouldn't really bring it up randomly in conversation but I would probably make subtle references.

yep

This poll was hard. I do have a medium circle of people who know, but I also don't care who does know. I don't want to tell people and I don't want to keep it a secret. It's easier to flow and just let people know if they ask. I don't tell everyone I watch Dr. Who, but if they ask I tell them. Easy enough, eh?

• Brohoof 2

I'm pretty sure nobody I know would react negatively. I've told my immediate family and most of my friends, most of them think its odd but that's about it. I feel sorry for people who's family and friends do look down on them for it. I guess I'm quite lucky, I can't imagine anyone I know reacting badly to it.

I would like more people to know but when I talk about it I feel like I'm pushing it on people, I don't hide it at all so I guess people will just find out and I'm ok with that.