Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How secretive are you about being a brony/pegasister and why?

Anonymous~

How seacretive are you about you being a brony/pegasister?  

250 users have voted

1. 1. Who knows that you are a brony?

• Everyone that I met atleast once know that I'm a brony. (Everyone, even a five year old girl named Sheril)
    • A lot of people, but only those who I trust. (school/work mates, family, friends.)
    • Only my family members and/or close friends.
    • A small circle of people that include both bronies and non-bronies. ( 8-12 people)
    • A small circle of people that include only bronies. ( 5-12 people)
    • Only few people that I love/trust. ( 2-5 people )
    • I keep it a secret from everyone. (0 people)
    • What's a bronei...broni... how do you even spell this word?
  2. 2. Would you like that more people would know that you're a brony/pegasister?

• Yes, I would love that more people knew.
    • Yes, but only a couple of people.
    • I like it as it is.
    • No, a couple of people shouldn't know about it.
    • No, I would like that few people knew about it.
    • None of the above. I would like both. I would like that some wouldn't know about it and some would know that I'm a brony.

I'm going to have to reveal to my mom that I am part of a fandom . It's the only way she'll understand why I want to meet up with "strangers". Other than that I am open about liking ponies but secretive about the fandom and bronies.

The selection I'd choose isn't in the poll.

I keep it secret to pretty much everyone in real life unless they are a brony themselves. On the internet, the only people I don't tell are my friends.

Yeah, I know, odd. :/

• 4 weeks later...

The selection I'd choose isn't in the poll.

I keep it secret to pretty much everyone in real life unless they are a brony themselves. On the internet, the only people I don't tell are my friends.

Yeah, I know, odd. :/

Nah, I do the same thing. I keep the fact that I'm a brony a secret mainly because I know most people would think I'm weird and, (quoting from a friend of mine whom I told about bronies), "...A bit of a wussy."

I honsetly don't care what people think though, but I find it hard telling people about this for some reason.

The fewer that know I'm a Brony, the better. This is for the best (at least for me, that is), only because it completely avoids that awkward misunderstanding that arises when somepony says that they enjoy the series to a friend or family member. I could justify why I love these ponies all I want, but my words would drown in a sea of ignorance, and I'd rather not waste my breath explaining myself.

I'm always wearing My little Pony stuff haha. I know that I might regret it an all but I'm getting a Rainbow Dash tattoo next month. Being a guy, a lot of my friends don't like the idea but it's cute so meh. Should I do it?

I told no one IRL about me being a brony, or liking ponies at that... But I'd love to get it out in the open, at least to my parents... Would at least be nice to not be embarrassed about liking something like this... And it's not the fact that it's a cartoon... It's just... Yeaaaaah... >_>

My BFF reacted...Really weirdly. She kept asking me if I was serious if I was feeling alright ect and she was serious too...Not joking.

It kinda hurt my feelings considering when she's at my house all she ever wants to watch is Nick Jr. and she's sixteen.

Ok, so now my parents know. At least my mom. At first, she actually thought it was gay. But then I went on YouTube and put on previous generations of ponies (What she would remember from her childhood) and then put on a small clip from FiM. Now I think she understands. She wants to watch an episode now.

All my co-workers know, and even joke about it. Just last night, I found an empty DVD display box and put it on my head. I literally said to the manager that the dress code only said you couldn't wear hats, not boxes. She found it funny, and let me wear it. Awkward, yes.

I think I was a closet brony for about... 5 minutes after getting hooked on MLP (kinda after Ticket Master). Whilst my actual family found it a little ridiculous when I told them, they seem cool with it. Just recently I gave on of my close friends one of the minture RD's as a gift, kinda for pushing me to wacth the show and it's un'bridled' awesomeness! B)

Honestly, while don't plaster every wall with 'I WUB FLUTTERSHY!', I've never exactly felt the need to hide the fact, seeing as several IRL friends also enjoy the show.

So not very secretive... I guess? :mellow:

Eh, my family knows and about 3 of my friends know. But those 3 friends aren't truly aware how MUCH I like it, they all think its a meme on the internet and that I just like it because of the irony. I remember I got one of them watching kyrospawn videos while on Steam voice chat with him and he was laughing away the whoooole time! I especially enjoyed when he found the 'Party of One' clips and mentioned that Pinkie Pie is a little frightening! The next time I saw him I mentioned that I've watched all the episodes and that we're up to season 2 episode 11 (at the time). This caused him to stare at me perplexed, why? Because I assume he thought it was all a joke when he was watching the videos and that I don't really enjoy watching the actual show. Little did he know...Little did he know...

Only seen one brony at school while roaming the halls he passed me by with a nice 'ol Rainbow Dash t-shirt on! My heart skipped a few beats and I did a double-take as he walked by. That's the ONLY brony I've ever seen around here. Would love to find some! =/

Edited by NewCalamity
  • Brohoof 1

not at all i give free advertising for my little pony i talk about it all the time. coz if i can wear makeup and be a guy why not talk about girly shows right?

usually people are like "no way would i watch that show" or "never heard of it". occasionally i get someone whose like "i would watch it but i havent got around to it yet." i've never really talked to anyone whose seen the show.

on a side note YAY I can finally accesorize my profile! with ms-paint!

Edited by glitterlicious

I told a good friend of mine about the show and how it has a large fanbase, and she laughed. I told my Civics/Economics teacher about the show, and then he mentioned ponies a lot after watching a little bit of it (he understands why people would like the show, but it isn't his cup of tea), and now a lot of people know I'm a brony. I care little about keeping my fandom a secret. Many people find it funny, but I don't care.

Edited by Saga

Today I came out of the stable for the first time. I only told one close friend/showed videos. I hope that I may add another member of the herd sometime: I am already seeing signs of liking the show in said friend

What are the tell-tale signs?

Only seen one brony at school while roaming the halls he passed me by with a nice 'ol Rainbow Dash t-shirt on! My heart skipped a few beats and I did a double-take as he walked by. That's the ONLY brony I've ever seen around here. Would love to find some! =/

Must of been quite a rush! :lol: Maybe it's time to set aside fluttershy and go talk to him!

Edited by glitterlicious

I haven't came out and said that I am a brony! As of yet.I have however dropped hints and quotes around my friends to see how they react...most are just "meh I don't acknowledge their existence,nothing bad or good to say" and of course the friends friend who does not love or tolerate one bit