Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How secretive are you about being a brony/pegasister and why?

Anonymous~

How seacretive are you about you being a brony/pegasister?  

250 users have voted

1. 1. Who knows that you are a brony?

• Everyone that I met atleast once know that I'm a brony. (Everyone, even a five year old girl named Sheril)
    • A lot of people, but only those who I trust. (school/work mates, family, friends.)
    • Only my family members and/or close friends.
    • A small circle of people that include both bronies and non-bronies. ( 8-12 people)
    • A small circle of people that include only bronies. ( 5-12 people)
    • Only few people that I love/trust. ( 2-5 people )
    • I keep it a secret from everyone. (0 people)
    • What's a bronei...broni... how do you even spell this word?
  2. 2. Would you like that more people would know that you're a brony/pegasister?

• Yes, I would love that more people knew.
    • Yes, but only a couple of people.
    • I like it as it is.
    • No, a couple of people shouldn't know about it.
    • No, I would like that few people knew about it.
    • None of the above. I would like both. I would like that some wouldn't know about it and some would know that I'm a brony.

• 3 months later...
(edited)

My friends and family know, everyone else never get in my business enyway so I dont have to hide it.

Edited by 117EWAN

When I was younger, I used to care who knew that I was a furry. These days, I am very open about my furry/broniness. I realized that everyone is different, that there is no such thing as "normal." People can think what they want about me, as long as I'm honest about myself.

The only people who know is a small group, of people who I trust. So many people in my school are judgemental :c including my friends and people in my grade.

I couldn't really answer the poll. I have no problem with people knowing that I like MLP. Probably most people I know know that I like it, given that I've put my display pic on both FB and Skype as Fluttershy and that my middle name on FB is listed as "Fluttershy." However, it's nothing I feel the need to announce to anyone, nor do I feel the need to keep it a secret from anyone. It's a like, just like any of my other likes. If it comes up in conversation, I'll mention it. If not, what's the point?

Only my best friend knows, but she doesn't know everything about my brony-ness...like how I'm completely obsessed with Twilight, to the point she could turn me from bi to lesbian...

I would tell my mom, if she wasn't so gun ho about me acting my age...

Me i have told not a soul. I tried telling my neice one time and she said that is the weirdest thing i have ever heard from you. Then she said she did not want to talk to me again. So i told her i was kidding and just went on. This only happened because my even younger neice has pony toys that of course i regonized. I wish i could be more open and be all hey look mom that there is afluttershy toy or tell my older (by older i mean 29) sister's freind who i am going to comiccon next year with, look that person is dressed like Luna or RaimbowDash. But sadly i am not that open. So to the point no i have not told a single person. Ever.

Personally I enjoy being a brony, so I don't have to hide a large part of myself. I proudly wear my brony t-shirt in public and I think it's a great way to make new friends. :3

• 1 year later...

Well, only one person knows. He only knows because my family would probably not react too well. Him, he's been my friend for 2 years and I've learned I can trust him because he knows he can trust me. I only wish I could watch the new episodes every Saturday (I wouldn't wake up on time anyway, but I could always set an alarm) and eat a bowl of cereal watching ponies. Instead, I wait until I go to bed so I can watch it on my iPod which isn't as fun probably. Hey Hasbro? How about new episodes at 12:30 instead? :)

I'm very secretive, whenever I listen to music(MLP Music) I always have the volume so nobody can hear it but I can.(Its not as loud though as I prefer) I hide everything that's got to do with MLP in my room. The only time I talk about it is on forums via text, so they don't hear my voice talking about it. Whenever I'm watching it to I always change tab or turn my tv off immediately when I see someone near me. Only my mum, mum's 2 brothers and my cousin know I like MLP. I tell them also not to mention anything about it, I wish though I could just tell them how much. The only reason they also know I like it because they caught me watching it. I don't plan on telling anyone that I like MLP, because of our stupid stereotype idiots call people who like MLP gay. That's basically all.   

tldr; I'm very secretive, whenever I listen to music(MLP Music) I always have the volume so nobody can hear it but I can. (Its not as loud though as I prefer) I hide everything that's got to do with MLP in my room. 

Only my family and close friends know. Would I like for more to know? Yes. I would. The problem with me is, I can't do it. I'm afraid of my school. I don't feel safe there at all. I wish there was a way to find bronies at my school. I've never met one. I can't share my appreciation for the show because of that. I have 5 shirts, and I wear them, but I always keep my jacket zipped up. It defeats the purpose of it being a shirt since it has stuff on it that you kind of want people to see...but I'm terrified of what people will do. My school is full of horrible people. I can't stand it. The Internet is no better, but here on the mlp forums I feel safer than I ever have before anywhere. Bronies are commonly so nice and understanding while my school is druggies, smokers, gossip, bullies...etc.

It sucks. A lot.

• Brohoof 1

I just tell people if I think they'd find out anyway. Like, my brother and a few of my friends know just cuz they've been to anime cons with me and I buy pony art at them, so they're gonna see it anyway. I told my parents cuz they'll probably see the art I buy at some point anyway and just so I can watch episodes and fan videos/music without having to wear headphones. But it is easier for me since I'm a girl and I've always been really into cartoons anyway

I'm pretty much on both sides of being secretive and having people know about my position as a brony.

I was worried about how others would react to my love of the show and the fandom while at other times, I would want people to see how much both have continued to shape and change me as the show progresses.

Only a few people who I love/trust and I'm fine with how it is.

The main reason I don't "come out" is I mainly because I don't feel prepared to defend my position and preparations to me seems like way too much of a hassle than I'm willing to put up with. That and I just don't feel the need to be public about it.

Although I am getting one reason to be more open about my bronyism and that would be for purchasing the comics. I hear they're very good.

I've been carrying one of my Rarity plushies around school with me all week shamelessly :D Makes things less stressful, you know? 

I also wear a Rarity dog-tag to school and work, and I've talk about the show for a few seconds everytime I appear on my school's newcast for some giggles :D (The sponsor is quite a chill dude. Just saying.)

I'm very open about it. but I don't force it on people, either.

• Brohoof 1

I'm pretty secretive at school because, my self esteem is pretty brittle when someone makes fun of me. It's not really secretive at home since mom has seen my background and other pony-related things.

I'm not as secretive as I used to be, at least not around my friends and family. All of my friends know I'm a brony because I know they'd understand what I'm saying. Though, I'm not the same around my family. They have no idea what a brony is, and I've already explained it to dad and mother, which was BEYOND awkward. Imagine what it'd be like with everyone else.

Well it has almost been a year since I became a brony (Early February). On my first few days, I just kept to myself, nope the first person I told was my dad the day I actually declared myself one. I started to open up more when I went to go see Equestria Girls in theaters and saw all the other bronies. And pretty much after that, I had let it be known, with sharing pictures on Facebook and texts and the other stuff.So I can say I have become more open of being a brony.

That information is SuPer Admin Restricted Desktop Access password protected. I don't look like a brony in the slightest nor am I recognizable as one from a glance.

I don't really actively hide it though. I occasionally hum a song from the show or make a few quotes to see if someone I know can piece things together. If they're not a brony, it just flies over their heads and they think nothing of it. However, if they do happen to be a brony, they can make attempts to see if they can get a certain response from me by doing a similar thing.

Why so secretive? It's mostly because I want to keep my professional appearance. I can trust my closest friends and acquaintances that happen to be fellow bronies, but I don't trust non-bronies or complete strangers with that detail about me. Plus, I have no reason to share that information with that demographic anyway.

Edited by Celtore

I'm not secretive at all. lol  With the exception of my day job and home life afterwards. I go out on the weekends exactly like this all the time. I've had girls pinch my ass at the bar when their boyfriend isn't looking. I have had random picture taken by strangers. I get lots of good comments actually.

post-9097-0-53550000-1389321948_thumb.jpgpost-9097-0-67575700-1389322615_thumb.jpgpost-9097-0-79105000-1389322765_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 3