Zacharius The Prosecutor

100 users have voted

1. 1. Trixie; Like or hate?

• ME GUSTA. (5/5)
    • Shes okay i guess... (4/5)
    • Eh. Dont like or hate her. (3/5)
    • Not a pony i prefer... (2/5)
    • I despise her SO much! (1/5)

No offense to anypony, but while I like Trixie, I find her overrated. It's one thing to embrace her character, but declaring her as best pony and posting a ton of Trixie related stuff that says how great she is gets old. You know, best pony this, bow down that... blah blah blah. I'm looking at you Equestria Daily.

She was in one episode and it's easy to see she's just a phony. What's with the obsession?

Edited by Sugar Cube
  • Brohoof 1

I love Trixie. Overanalyzing this a bit but think about it this way:

Trixie seems like somepony who could have a really interesting backstory. I mean after all, overconfidence and bragging like she always does is a sign of insecurity. Where does that stem from? What happened in her past life that made her want to be loved so much? Heck, where did she LEARN any of those magic tricks? She's definitely a pretty good magic user.

Her design is also pretty cool. The cape and her overall facial design is just great.

But going back to the backstory stuff, I do want to know what happened to make Trixie what she is today. Who knows, she may just be genetically an attention hog but either way, Trixie's backstory really needs some deeper insight. Or Trixie's story after Twilight Sparkle gave her the boot. Since everypony that Trixie comes across obviously doesn't like her, I can't help but feel bad for Trixie.

• Brohoof 2

I think Trixie is misunderstood, if we are all bronys here (or the female version of a brony, don't know what there called) then we should all know that Trixie needs a chance to be loved and tolerated by every pony. but she doesn't have to be your fav.

just my point of view, i think trixie could learn alot from the main six because being a show off makes her slightly less likeable, then the same could be said for rainbowdash but plenty of people adore her.

• Brohoof 1

I wouldn't want Trixie in my house, but as an antagonist she was an endless source of amusement. I like her in kind of a schadenfreude sense where her being a bitch is funny when it happens to someone other than yourself.

Of course, if she had done something to Fluttershy that would have crossed the line.

Trixie isn't going to change no matter how hard you think she will, she's not. They already made her personality bad and even if she came back, she would just have more antagonist ponies with here to push around the mane 6 for doing what they did to her and then run away again. You simply can't just change your personality, it just wouldn't work out that well. You can't simply like her because she calls her self "great and powerful", sorry Tom the Diamond, your current name, because I could call my self something way more epic and that means you would have to like me or you truly don't like Trixie. You can't simply like her because you expect her to change either, because she won't, and yes, I know Luna went back to ruling with her sister, but that's because their sisters, Trixie wouldn't befriend the mane 6 for ruining her life, she would rather ruin theirs, so there for you can't like her because you expect to see her change. The only reason why you should like her is if she has your personality, mean, boaster, and a show off. Well these are my two cents.

Trixie's not that bad! She's the unicorn equivalent of Rainbow-dash if you think about it... Well, really, Twilight power and Trixie's gloating would be equivalent, simply because Trixie couldn't do what she said she could (simple math... might be why the whole Twilight x Trixie shipping came about, that and they are both powerful unicorns!)

• Brohoof 1

• 4 years later...

Started off disliking her, but "Magic Duel" made me enjoy her as comic relief, and "To Where and Back Again" made me actually care about her as a character. Think I've come entirely around to liking her at this point, even if she's not quite one of my favourite characters yet. 

I really like Trixie. She was a really entertaining villain, and her arrogant personality is a lot of fun to watch. I'm glad she kept it despite her redemption. I also really enjoy her and Starlight's dynamic, they really sold me on them being best friends.

For some reason I just can't hate the attitude she had in the Boast Busters episode.  :D  She's been a lot of fun to watch and I think I could even call her one of my favorite characters, even as a villain. Not to mention her charming color scheme - how beautiful shades of blue!

Edited by Guest

I was looking for something else when I found this.  Since Trixie was in Season 6, I posted this to bring it to the front so more people could vote.

And I would think that Trixie has gotten a lot more fans since "No Second Prances"

...including me :D

• Brohoof 1

No. Trixie is just ridiculously unlikeable to me. I would not hesitate to put her down as the character I would least like to see ever again.

• Brohoof 1

I've never understood the massive hype for this character and always thought she was a fundamentally lame character. She's a stage magician unicorn ...in a world where real magic exists...how is that impressive? Doesn't help that her debut episode is awful

I'm positive that she'd be no where near as popular as she is if Sethisto(AKA owner of the world's most popular Pony website) didn'y wank off to her every five minutes and make a post every time

Also her redemption was bullshit and was the start of the trend of awful redemptions

Edited by Reinbow Dash
  • Brohoof 1

Also her redemption was bullshit and was the start of the trend of awful redemptions

When was she actually ever redeemed though? When was she actually reformed? I see this used a lot with Trixie and honestly I don't see it. For her to be reformed in my opinion, we would have to see her revert into a totally different character.

In Boast Busters the only thing she was guilty of was being a braggart and arrogant, which she still is to this day. But the fact is, she did not actually commit any sort of crime itself in the episode except be obnoxious to the main characters and to several viewers of the episode who did not like her.

In Magic Duel, I know a lot of people love to make up all sorts of scenarios and headcanons about what was what and how it all went down, but seriously, the episode pretty much lays it all out. She was humiliated and ashamed and wanted to get Twilight back by beating her at magic. She got a hold of an artifact that was far more powerful than she could control, and it amplified not only her power, but her arrogance and her attitude. Just like a junkies high or someone on some sort of explosive emotional outburst, she is there, but not with any sort of realistic control over her full state of mind and actions.After they got the amulet off, she regained use of her normal faculties and was later seen as both apologetic and ashamed of how she had acted. She was not actually reformed or redeemed from anything, just cured and returned to her normal state of mind.

As for NSP and the finale, she is pretty much exactly as she was in her debut, arrogant and a braggart. She still has a general dislike of Twilight, and wants to beat her and show her up, but that in itself is less of a crime and more of just general jealousy and personal deep feelings of inadequacy. As far as i can see she has not changed at all... all she has done so far is make friends with Starlight for the most part. Even for the finale, given her own choice, she would have probably just vanished and wanted nothing to do with the rescue attempt, but because she truly is friends with Starlight she went along to help and support her.

She is actually a lot like Discord, who was indeed reformed from using his abilities to torment others, but has still remained mischievous, obnoxious and difficult to get along with for a vast majority. Although he is no longer a "villain", he is still pretty much exactly as he was when he first appeared. Trixie is exactly the same in some regards, I don't consider her reformed at all... because she has not done anything that truly needs reforming, but she is still as arrogant to those she dislikes as ever, and just as obnoxious in personality to those watching the show who dislike her.

I can understand why many dislike her, but I don't think it is because of any sort of redemption she did or did not go through. She just has a personality that turns people away is all.

No. Trixie is just ridiculously unlikeable to me. I would not hesitate to put her down as the character I would least like to see ever again.

Oh, you bloody heathen.

I personally like sexi-I mean, best pony, Trixie. She is the perfect companion for Starlight and I love her as a foil for Twilight. Sure, in Magic Duel, she took things too far, but she got humbled at the end. I love seeing her and would love to see more of her in Season 7.

Edited by Dr.Egoshire
  • Brohoof 1