Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What's your favourite Season 1 episode?

flutterguy27

Fall Whether Friends for being the first episode that I really liked when starting the show way back in 2012, as well as just being a really fun episode with some great interaction between Rainbow Dash and Applejack competing against one another.

Oh "The Best Night Ever," how I love you. So many memorable moments, a little attention given to every character's own ambitions, another hint of Celestia's impishness, and most of all, how I love that final scene, where the friendships we've watched building for a whole season come into play and remind us how close these girls have become. As flashy as later seasons are, none of them had nearly as strong a story arc as season 1, a show about six goofy ponies becoming thick as thieves, and "The Best Night Ever" puts a cap on it in the best way possible. So wonderful. 

Tough one, but overall I'd pick The Best Night Ever. It was a funny and touching finale where all the main characters learned an important and realistic life lesson. Plus it had one of the best musical numbers they ever did. Sonic Rainboom, A Dog and Pony Show, Swarm of the Century, and Griffon the Brush-Off were great too.

(edited)

I'm going to have to go with the Best Night Ever too. It's still in my top ten, after all this time. A fantastic ensemble piece, really funny, great songs, Celestia has a small but awesome part, and Spike is right.

Look Before You sleep is a very close second.

Edited by Philweasel

Party of One-Pinkie's my favorite and from her joy in the beginning, to her naive acceptance, to her scepticism, to her eventual mental breakdown, it's such fun. That episode is such a trip and Andrea makes it perfect the entire time.

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, KH7672 said:

Party of One-Pinkie's my favorite and from her joy in the beginning, to her naive acceptance, to her scepticism, to her eventual mental breakdown, it's such fun. That episode is such a trip and Andrea makes it perfect the entire time.

It used to be my favorite episode of all time. A look back made me realize that it has flaws, after a strong opening the middle really drags, and the end is kinda rushed and unsatisfying. It's huge selling point, the emotional depth of the character, also foreshadowed the greater complexity of future seasons and doesn't seem quite so special anymore.

It's signatures scenes are still amazing though, and Andrea's performance is stunning. I still maintain that she is the show's best actress when pushed, and this is one of the episodes I point to as proof.

(edited)
6 hours ago, Philweasel said:

It used to be my favorite episode of all time. A look back made me realize that it has flaws, after a strong opening the middle really drags, and the end is kinda rushed and unsatisfying. It's huge selling point, the emotional depth of the character, also foreshadowed the greater complexity of future seasons and doesn't seem quite so special anymore.

It's signatures scenes are still amazing though, and Andrea's performance is stunning. I still maintain that she is the show's best actress when pushed, and this is one of the episodes I point to as proof.

Party of One was great. But I would say the end was the best and the opening the worst. ;) The end had more humourish moments and the beginning was a little bit to busy for me.

Edited by Hierok

I'm all about "Stare Master", it's just plain hilarious for me.

The way Sweetie Belle present the CMC capes to everyone and Rarity's reaction to it, the whole crusading game as "creature catchers" and the table fixing, Fluttershy's stare to the chickens, the CMC's argument about how to call the chicken and at the end the way Fluttershy's lower voice did a lot more than Rarity's yelling to the fillies. A great episode that got me laughing like a maniac.

(edited)

Probably Dragonshy, good adventure episode and I love adventure episodes.

Though it did have some weird ass eye animations at certain parts

Edited by ryanmahaffe

• 4 years later...

There are some episodes from season 1 I could name here. It's always so hard to decide there: Briddle Gossip would be one candidate, I also like Dragonshy, Call of the Cutie, Winter Wrap up, Sonic Rainboom, Stare Master, Cutie Mark Chronicles .. Let's go here with Cutie Mark Chronicles, but I love the other episodes just as much.

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

Dragonshy: it's the first episode I watched. When I saw Fluttershy being a coward and facing her fears, at this moment, I knew Fluttershy would be my favorite pony. 

Winter Wrap Up: the first and only time I felt empathy for Twilight (she's not my favorite mane 6 at all). :( 

• 3 weeks later...