Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Open Letter From Ol' Sarge

Ol' Sarge

Men, ladies, boys and girls... if you all can take a seat for a second of your time. today, is a day, full of sorrow and remorse. today is a day for rememberance. today, we have lost... Ol' Sarge. what can be said about him you ask? Father, military men, brony. He broke all the stereo types molds. He was a prime example of what being a brony really means... but today... today everypony... The soccor moms/dads can finally put a score on their goalcount.... Ol'sarge... if you are reading this, then the community will accept you with open arms... Ol' Sarge, *salutes* Its beeen an honor, fighting all the haters with you! from a person you have never heard of before, Deluxerobo909

• Brohoof 1

Seriously Ol' sarge is one of the coolest people on the forums he would never do anything like that intentionally. The girl whoever she is should have known there are older members and not have gone on that thread in the first place! This has gone to a level it never should have I think the only way for these sort of things to be prevented would have to be to do something to the games. Witch is stupid because nopony should have to waste time moderating the games there is simply waay to many posts there to check them all.

Dont worry Ol' sarge nopony is blaming you. I guess and I hate to say it this is the girls fault. Participating then whining to her parents.

• Brohoof 2

WOW! how did he get your phone number? and why the f-k is an 8 year old girl allowed to go on the internet unsupervised? i sure wasn't... sounds like that father is a little more in the wrong than you, overreacting to his faulty parenting perhaps?

sorry for the angsty response but calling your house and threatening to ruin your life is (as i see it) more of a serious threat than typing on a forum... just saying...

EDIT: and just a side note, but i love that we have such a wide age range on here, its cool. but 8 years old? do we really need THAT big of an age gap? perhaps we can have a cut off of 10 or something. idk, just thinking. and im probably going to get complaints for this, but just a thought here. being the internet and all...

Edited by Bunches
  • Brohoof 1

Actually, he was a good parent by checking her activity, most likely in the history. He probably saw Marry, Kiss or Bannish to the moon and saw the post. He jump on his preconcieved notions, and missed the fact that it was a game.

Like i said, if she was still on this forum then her dad wouldn't be a good dad, not that he's a bad dad in the first place for doing what he did, and also that I shouldn't have a say who's a good/bad dad since i'm only 15 anyhow.

But I do agree with you that yes checking his daughter information is an indication that he's a good dad, though the reaction could have been less if he looked into it a little more.

• Brohoof 1

Seriously Ol' sarge is one of the coolest people on the forums he would never do anything like that intentionally. The girl whoever she is should have known there are older members and not have gone on that thread in the first place! This has gone to a level it never should have I think the only way for these sort of things to be prevented would have to be to do something to the games. Witch is stupid because nopony should have to waste time moderating the games there is simply waay to many posts there to check them all.

Dont worry Ol' sarge nopony is blaming you. I guess and I hate to say it this is the girls fault. Participating then whining to her parents.

Why should she have not gone there? It is a safe game. I try and make it quirky, (but with things like eating Red who has turned into cheese on the moon, nothing bad) but it is still a game where your post one of three responses, without any explination. Dad missed it was a game and protected his daughter, no fault to him (since he assumed it was a safe sight and did not do research into the game)

Like i said, if she was still on this forum then her dad wouldn't be a good dad, not that he's a bad dad in the first place for doing what he did, and also that I shouldn't have a say who's a good/bad dad since i'm only 15 anyhow.

But I do agree with you that yes checking his daughter information is an indication that he's a good dad, though the reaction could have been less if he looked into it a little more.

At that age, I was only allowed on Lego.com. I loved that site. I played the games, and other stuff for the limited time I had. It was a safe site. But it is a kids site and my parents let me on. Its not the internet, it what sites. In his mind, a safe site just became a place soliciting sex to his daughter. Its a my little pony site. I doubt he has heard of bronies. What is he to think?

Edited by Mindrop
  • Brohoof 1

Leave her alone, she didn't ask to have protective parents; there's no reason to reticule anyone in this situation. The kid's parents were doing their job, and Ol' Sarge has come out and apologized to the Forum; there's not much else that can be done. Sarge, props to you for coming out and apologizing, as my dad would say, "That takes some serious intestinal fortitude" Hope you aren't gone for too long, you are missed

Woah, dude, I never said I was gonna bother her, or redicule her, in fact, others already PM'd her and I haven't >.>

She was supervised. That's obviously how her dad found out. He was being a good dad, and checking out her activity. He figured as an MLP forum, it would be safe. Only problem, he missed the fact it was a forum game. She may not even be allowed on here right now because of this either.

Excuse me, but if he were a good dad, he wouldn't have let his 8-year old daughter joining a social community, without him checking it first, and if he were a good father, he wouldn't have jumped to conclusions, before having a formal talk with him first

She probably was not there. He saw "Marry, KIss or Banish to the moon' clicked on it, saw some guy *kiss* his daughter, clicked on teh guy, saw his age and phone number and flipped. no time for an explination, no time for anything. he probably did not research anything. Nor do I blame him. He was not expecting to see it on what he assumed was a safe site, and at a glance, is now not. A father protecting his daughter.

Well, my father, who's pretty protective, right now he has some problems with a member here on the forums, yet, he's logical enough to actually ask why and how I got myself into a certain problem...
  • Brohoof 3

Ol' Sarge, if you haven't already, I urge you to remove your phone number from anywhere it is publically viewable. ESPECIALLY if it your home's landline. One can easily use White Pages or something to trace your landline back to your address.

• Brohoof 1

You know because of that post I might have actually joined your army...

And there are members who would give an explanation! Some do in fact some go on just to give an explanation. It is a fun game but in the case where two options are romantic and there are many older members here the odds werent in her favor.

• Brohoof 1

Aw man, this really does suck. Who would've thought that a silly little forum game would turn into something this serious. And I know that the person did this to protect his daughter, but in my opinion it is a massive overreaction done without prior research and thought. Also, as mentioned before, I honestly do not believe that an 8-year old should be allowed on the internet where there are far, FAR worse things than what has happened here.

I really hope things end up all right for you Ol' Sarge. All the best.

• Brohoof 1

Excuse me, but if he were a good dad, he wouldn't have let his 8-year old daughter joining a social community, without him checking it first, and if he were a good father, he wouldn't have jumped to conclusions, before having a formal talk with him first

Well, my father, who's pretty protective, right now he has some problems with a member here on the forums, yet, he's logical enough to actually ask why and how I got myself into a certain problem...

At that age, I was only allowed on Lego.com. I loved that site. I played the games, and other stuff for the limited time I had. It was a safe site. But it is a kids site and my parents let me on. Its not the internet, it what sites. In his mind, a safe site just became a place soliciting sex to his daughter. Its a my little pony site. I doubt he has heard of bronies. What is he to think?

I am sure he checked it out.

"My Little pony, that little girl show my daughter likes. Well, I guess I site for it should be safe. *quickly checks out site* Oh, it is to talk about the show, how cute."

What more are you going to ask him to do when there are not age restrictions? I see a dad who is giving his daughter her "lego.com" like my parents did, and he thinks it bit him in the butt.

i think that's the key here, the father has gone haywire!

...and did i miss something? how did he get involved in the first place? did she complain to him that she was uncomfortable? or did he just happen upon the forums and freak himself out?

He didn't bother to research it, he saw something that HE considered out of hand, and took immediate action, for something that only he could find out of hand, if he took his time to look around the forums, he'd might have to a conclusion that the site wasn't good for his daughter, and he could have easily stopped her from logging on here.

What more are you going to ask him to do when there are not age restrictions?

Well because of this incident there's a possible chance an age restriction will be made, the thread is pretty popular by now, and many like the idea of it, I for one support it, and I really hope it's made to stop things like this from happening again >.> Edited by Pinkazoid
  • Brohoof 2

Well because of this incident there's a possible chance an age restriction will be made, the thread is pretty popular by now, and many like the idea of it, I for one support it, and I really hope it's made to stop things like this from happening again >.>

...can we make a poll to vote on this idea? like

- should there be an age restriction?

yes/no

- what should it be?

n/a

10+

12+

whatever ;)

...can we make a poll to vote on this idea? like

- should there be an age restriction?

yes/no

- what should it be?

n/a

10+

12+

whatever ;)

I doubt they'll be a poll, almost everyone supports the idea, even some mods are annoyed of this incident, and they want the rule to be made, Feld0 is drinking tea with the queen right now, so I doubt he'll change it until he comes back

He didn't bother to research it, he saw something that HE considered out of hand, and took immediate action, for something that only he could find out of hand, if he took his time to look around the forums, he'd might have to a conclusion that the site wasn't good for he's daughter, and he could have easily stopped her from logging on here.

Well because of this incident there's a possible chance an age restriction will be made, the thread is pretty popular by now, and many like the idea of it, I for one support it, and I really hope it's made to stop things like this from happening again >.>

We are saying the same thing. I am just trying to make some of the other members understand what he was thinking. Yeah, he should of looked more, but he did not. And he made a mistake, but why did he make that mistake. It helps in forgiving and learning how to stop it from ever happening again.

• Brohoof 2

I doubt they'll be a poll, almost everyone supports the idea, even some mods are annoyed of this incident, and they want the rule to be made, Feld0 is drinking tea with the queen right now, so I doubt he'll change it until he comes back

true :) this is just so crazy. i have never heard of someone stalking someone attempting to ruin their life and calling their house because of something on a forum before...

true :) this is just so crazy. i have never heard of someone stalking someone attempting to ruin their life and calling their house because of something on a forum before...

Yeah, if Ol'Sarge sues, he can claim defamation, and possibly harrasment. And Dad did not know it was game. His failure was not his reaction, it was not looking into the thread more.

We are saying the same thing. I am just trying to make some of the other members understand what he was thinking. Yeah, he should of looked more, but he did not. And he made a mistake, but why did he make that mistake. It helps in forgiving and learning how to stop it from ever happening again.

Yes, but meanwhile Sarge is having it pretty rough, because of a "Mistake" that led to a father accusing and threatening a fellow member who has not done anything wrong Edited by Pinkazoid

Yeah, if Ol'Sarge sues, he can claim defamation, and possibly harrasment. And Dad did not know it was game. His failure was not his reaction, it was not looking into the thread more.

ah. so his failure was forming an uneducated opinion and acting upon it to the extreme. parenting fail. ANYWAYS. i hope ol'sarge is alright. that is horrible. he was very welcoming and friendly to me when i joined (all of a few days ago) and ill be sorry to see him go.

Yes, but meanwhile Sarge is having it pretty rough, because of a "Mistake" that led to a father accusing and threatening a fellow member who has not done anything wrong

Yep, that was his mistake, not looking deeper. Nothing more. If it was my daughter, I probably would of threatened to shoot him is he talked to my daughter again. In those situations, it is easy to not dive as deep as you should or normally would.

ah. so his failure was forming an uneducated opinion and acting upon it to the extreme. parenting fail. ANYWAYS. i hope ol'sarge is alright. that is horrible. he was very welcoming and friendly to me when i joined (all of a few days ago) and ill be sorry to see him go.

Agreed, I do not know him well, but I was looking forward to getting to know him more.

You really can't, in my opinion, say that it's a fail; the person just jumped to a conclusion without having all of the facts, if you think about it this is actually way more common than you'd think. Frankly, I think we should all take the Texan approach to this:

1) recognize that there are faults on both sides

2) recognize and RESPECT the fact that Ol' Sarge had the testicular fortitude to post an apology on the internet

3) understand that the user who's parents reacted is not at fault at all and thus does not deserve to get any sort of hate from this

4) let bygones be bygones, you can't take back what's already happened, especially if it's on the internet; all you can do is keep moving forward

Edited by Red
  • Brohoof 2

Seriously guys... He's not going to prison, put that out of your mind. There's nothing to suggest that he even wanted to meet up with the person. You don't become a pedophile by saying you would kiss or date someone...

You really can't, in my opinion, say that it's a fail; the person just jumped to a conclusion without having all of the facts, if you think about it this is actually way more common than you'd think. Frankly, I think we should all take the Texan approach to this:

1) recognize that there are faults on both sides

2) recognize and RESPECT the fact that Ol' Sarge had the testicular fortitude to post an apology on the internet

3) understand that the user who's parents reacted is not at fault at all and thus does not deserve to get any sort of hate from this

4) let bygones be bygones, you can't take back what's already happened, especially if it's on the internet; all you can do is keep moving forward

Exactly what I have been saying, which is probably due to me begin a Texan. lol. (A Texas Tae Kwon Do Black Belt who's last name just happens to be Walker. :ph34r: Hehehehe)

Seriously guys... He's not going to prison, put that out of your mind. There's nothing to suggest that he even wanted to meet up with the person. You don't become a pedophile by saying you would kiss or date someone...

Really, because he can be arrested, and jurries don't like pedifiles, even potential pedifiles

@@Ol' Sarge, Brutal situation, sir. I don't think we've ever really spoken except in passing but you've always come across as nothing but an outstanding and upright person. I hate to see anyone in this kind of situation. Even worse because it's something that is easily explained away and many of us will vouch for you not being a creeper. I hope you stay with us and I hope this all blows over soon.

I found another brony website and came accross this message

-- Attention Parents: This community is not for young children, we are "bronies", google it. And no it doesn't mean we are "adult only" as in inappropriate content, but we don't want little kids here.

I think it'd be good if they could place it somewhere for the anonymous users that don't have an account can see

• Brohoof 8