Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc Shifted: The Remake (OOC)

Arylett Charnoa

RP Thread

There are some stories that have ended prematurely.

A story that should have been seen to its finale, ended by the loss of its important characters. Many stories within this world. She has seen many of these stories, since the inception of the sun. The great ever-watching eyes of Princess Celestia have seen the war, the nightmare of the moon, and a chaos plaguing ponykind. Yet they have not seen the worlds beyond her world, nor the fabrics that make up Reslia Perelis, the world in which all worlds are contained.

It would be this tale that the Princess would never anticipate. A tale, that, she had hoped, would not be marred by loss. She had seen enough already.

This would all begin one day, at the behest of one unusual unicorn. In her lifelong search of mythical beings known as "humans," she sought a way into their world. The world of Earth. But it was not just passage into their world that this unicorn sought. She also sought to become one. As she further and further researched things that should be better left unknown by ponykind, the unicorn became steeped in darkness and hatred. She obtained more and more power in her desires, and to this end mutated to grow the wings of an alicorn. But unlike an alicorn, her appearance was mutilated with holes and the eviled wings of an insect. They called her a demon, she called herself a Changeling.

Having found a way into the human world, the newly created Changeling attempted to pierce the Sentient Barrier, a barrier had by each of the worlds in Reslia Perelis. This barrier limited the amount of sentient species allowed in a world. On Earth, the Sentient Barrier was limited to humans only. In Equestria, it was limited to ponies and various other sentient creatures.

Yet she had never managed to pierce the barrier. Having been driven absolutely mad by this devastation and become far too addicted to power, she had grown to need to eat a special kind of magic called love for sustenance. Soon, she gathered a massive cult of greedy ponies who had become corrupted into a hive of Changelings. They called her Queen Chrysalis.

The Queen's goal was to find the largest source of power in Equestria, to finally pierce that pesky barrier once and for all.

Princess Celestia and her sister, Princess Luna, did not anticipate this threat and could not overpower Queen Chrysalis with the Elements of Harmony. This left her and her followers to run rampant across Equestria. They no longer had the power, and they had to find new wielders of the Elements that made up the world. Yet as hard and far as they searched, it seemed nopony was fit to wield them.

...Or so they thought.

What Queen Chrysalis and the Princesses were quite unaware of was that they had indeed pierced the barrier with her depraved experiments, but on the other side.

That very day, several glowing cracks opened all across the planet of Earth, near the homes of the humans that had resided there. Repelled by the negative energy, most of the humans had stayed in their homes. Yet there were some who were attracted by this energy... and ventured into the cracks...

These humans traveled across Reslia Perelis, through space and time, and past the barrier successfully for the first time in history. Crossing the barrier caused unexpected and erratic results. Unable to handle the introduction of a non-existing sentient species, the humans were converted into the primary sentient species of the world, ponies, and had forgotten their names. Still harboring mostly intact memories of their pasts, they awaken on the outskirts of the Everfree Forest.

Now left to wonder Equestria, confused, they ponder their fate...

Welcome to Shifted: The Remake! This roleplay is actually a remake of an existing one in the past that died. I hope to make it bigger, better, and more lasting!

In this RP, you are basically playing as a human transformed into a pony. We will first begin with the former humans merely trying to figure out their pony abilities, very simply. However, as time goes on, they will become increasingly enraveled in the complex story involving Celestia, Luna, the elements, and Chrysalis.

This RP is going to be different from other RPs here, as it will be more advanced and more will be expected out of you. I am looking for a batch of decent RPers on the forums who can hold their own and who are dedicated to keeping this alive. I will do everything in my power to ensure that it doesn't die, and I hope you do the same. You may not be accepted if you do not meet the requirements. But if you are a good to decent writer, you should be all right.

Before you can join though, there are some rules that you are expected to follow.

Rules of RP

• Proper spelling and grammar is expected at all times. I will not chew you out for minor typos, but if it is consistent, I will have to put my foot down.
  • It is highly encouraged though that you write detailed and quality posts, and make them as long as you wish.
  • This RP is expected to go at a slower pace than most. So no repetitive quick posting. In fact, to enforce this, you must wait until at least two people post before you before you post again.
  • If, however, it has been at least one day and only one person has posted before you, you may post again.
  • Note that the above may be changed depending on roleplay activity. I will announce this.
  • To keep activity up, there will be an activity check every two weeks. If you have not posted in two weeks, your character will be ejected from the RP and your spot will be re-opened for new roleplayers to join.
  • I will be carefully overlooking and approving every character form that is posted. Just because you post it, does not mean you are automatically accepted. If you are accepted, I will quote your post and say Accepted. Until then, you are NOT accepted into the RP and cannot post until I say so. If you are not accepted, I will quote your post and explain what you need to change to become accepted.
  • The Mane Six do not exist in this universe. Hence why the Princesses had to use the Elements on their own and failed.
  • If you have an already-existing pony and would like to put them in Shifted, just put a little Shifted backstory bellow the normal one.
  • Alicorns are strictly prohibited. You may only play as an earth pony, a pegasus, or a unicorn.

Player List

Mod Note: Test edit. Nothing is changed. Edited by Ice Storm
  • Brohoof 8

I want in! http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/klopp-thunderhead

Yesh! I would be very pleased to join! I would have joined the last Shifted had I gotten in early, but unfortunately by the time I was interested in RPing, the thing had gotten so far along that I didn't see any point in joining so late. This time, I shall be there right in the beginning!

(PS, I'm writing up a description thingy right now for hyooman Klopp)

Human becomes a pony and lands in Equestria... I like it! I've never tried mixing humans and ponies into a single story, but changing things up sounds fun. I'd love to have a place in this! I may be new to this site, but rest assured that I am very experienced as a text roleplayer.

As for my character... I will make a new one for this. You shall see him/her/it tomorrow! :P

• Brohoof 1

If I could play, I'll be more than happy too, I felt that this was the best RP in the entire forums, I promise not to make the same mistakes ever again.

Want to say that most of you are looking good so far! I am impressed. :)

I want in! http://mlpforums.com...opp-thunderhead

Yesh! I would be very pleased to join! I would have joined the last Shifted had I gotten in early, but unfortunately by the time I was interested in RPing, the thing had gotten so far along that I didn't see any point in joining so late. This time, I shall be there right in the beginning!

(PS, I'm writing up a description thingy right now for hyooman Klopp)

Accepted since you already got that in there by the time I went to read it. His fedora is the best part.

Sure I will bite.

I have to ask, do you want anything specific for the backstory? Before I post this, I will finish it once I get home.

here is a link of the character so far: http://mlpforums.com...ers/_/tich-pony . If you have any comments of things you want to see in there, I am ready to add them.

Personality is looking good to me! Just maybe another sentence of description would be all right. Other than that, I don't have any suggestions or comments, really, except to just think about what she used to do as a human before she got to Equestria. Other than that, I think you could make it in based on what I'm seeing.

Human becomes a pony and lands in Equestria... I like it! I've never tried mixing humans and ponies into a single story, but changing things up sounds fun. I'd love to have a place in this! I may be new to this site, but rest assured that I am very experienced as a text roleplayer.

As for my character... I will make a new one for this. You shall see him/her/it tomorrow! :P

I would be happy to have you, Questio. I know of your skill. I'm glad you find it interesting. :3

Here's my OC http://mlpforums.com...il-version-r612

This RP sure seems to be a decent challenge to any devoted writer and/or Role Player, and i really need to push my boundaries to how good i really am.

Plus the story seems like a really decent one. I hope you accept me

You're looking good to me. It's just one thing: You need a Shifted-specific backstory. One about what they did as a human before becoming a pony. Though I think your backstory could be converted into one quite easily.

If I could play, I'll be more than happy too, I felt that this was the best RP in the entire forums, I promise not to make the same mistakes ever again.

I'll give you another shot. Post your character and we'll see.

I really hope this picks up the slack within this section. I would love to begin roleplaying with people who make it interesting for once!

http://mlpforums.com.../_/serene-r1320

Accepted. Your backstory is quite intriguing. Makes me want to add more to mine. I think I'll do that.

You're looking good to me. It's just one thing: You need a Shifted-specific backstory. One about what they did as a human before becoming a pony. Though I think your backstory could be converted into one quite easily.

I'll get right on that. It won't seem very different though, pretty much all i have to do is switch some names and places and it's essentially the exact same thing as my real life

Alright then, I'll be RPing with Starry Sky, I really like this RP because it's very interesting, also the best RP.

Edited by Narutardedscum!!

Alright then, I'll be RPing with Starry Sky, I really like this RP because it's very interesting, also the best RP.

All right, Accepted. I'm giving you a second chance. Don't disappoint me!

http://mlpforums.com..._/ice-storm-r68

Definitely interested. The backstory for the shited Role-play is listed in the "Other" section underneath her primary back story. IF anything needs to be edited let me know.

Accepted. There's a few typos here and there (nothing that couldn't be fixed with a little proof-reading, of course), but I find the gender change quite interesting. And the amount of detail is quite nice.

Now I wasn't really around that much the last time this RP was made, but I was interested nonetheless in joining it now. Thus here's my app.

http://mlpforums.com...ck-stache-r1335

Accepted! Also, we discussed this, so I edited my own backstory to make sense with yours since I wasn't sure if you'd be joining or not. :)

We just need are Nico and Aureity, and we have ourselves all the RP World mods! Totally gonna hound Nico, 'cause I know Aureity's gonna join this. C'mon guys!

I enjoyed my time the last time we had done this, Arylett, but then... Yeah... :/ IN ANY CASE... I hope this time, it doesn't die as easily :P Although I already sent the link to you via Skype and we discussed there, here it is again, just in case

http://mlpforums.com...electrobolt-r19

Accepted. I looked it over already in Skype, yes. And I have confidence you are fit to the standards since you were in the last Shifted.

Well, I've never done any RP games before. I mean, I've looked at them, but I've never had the courage to join. I guess you could say I am a newbie at this. I actually read through almost the entire original Shifted RP, and it was just so awesome that I have to join this remake! Here's my character:

http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/numbers-r1336

Forgive me for the incredibly long wall of text there. I didn't exactly set out with that in mind, but it happened. So, there it is.

I can't wait to get started! :D

• Brohoof 1

Well, I've never done any RP games before. I mean, I've looked at them, but I've never had the courage to join. I guess you could say I am a newbie at this. I actually read through almost the entire original Shifted RP, and it was just so awesome that I have to join this remake! Here's my character:

http://mlpforums.com..._/numbers-r1336

Forgive me for the incredibly long wall of text there. I didn't exactly set out with that in mind, but it happened. So, there it is.

I can't wait to get started! :D

Accepted! Very excellent work for someone with no experience. You have impressed me massively, Scatcoal. I think your descriptions makes mine look terribly inadequate. I enjoy how you poured a lot of your energy and effort into your profile, and I think it will show in your posts in the roleplay. Definitely a unique pony.

Alright, I think I fixed my character enough to be presentable.

http://mlpforums.com...ers/_/tich-pony

So, I hope I get in and stuff and stuff and not suffer the wrath of a thousand Aryletts.

Accepted. Don't be so self-conscious. I think you'll do all right. Besides, a thousand Aryletts is too many Aryletts. There's like... only 100! Duh.
  • Brohoof 2

Count me in! I've been lamenting the death of the original "Shifted" for months, and this new remake sounds like it has an interesting concept. Switching out Discord for the Changling Queen was a cool choice to keep things from feeling the same; I'll do my best to make sure I don't just go through the same motions as well.

I'd like to use the same character as in the previous Shifted, if possible. Scootacool really wants me to use her again, and it's not like I've created any other OCs yet.

Serah Anastos/F/Unicorn

• Brohoof 1

Count me in! I've been lamenting the death of the original "Shifted" for months, and this new remake sounds like it has an interesting concept. Switching out Discord for the Changling Queen was a cool choice to keep things from feeling the same; I'll do my best to make sure I don't just go through the same motions as well.

I'd like to use the same character as in the previous Shifted, if possible. Scootacool really wants me to use her again, and it's not like I've created any other OCs yet.

Serah Anastos/F/Unicorn

Accepted. I lamented it too, really. And was sad to see it end... it was a lot of fun. But now it's back, and Serah is back and everything will be awesome!

I'll still leave this open for a few more spots, so anyone who wants to join, do so quickly!

• Brohoof 1

Timeshift/F/Unicorn

Sign me up, Chrysalis is always best villain. And I've never been in a changeling RP before, so this should be interesting.

Edited by Resolution

I'm thinking about a native role in the RP, like what PeachPalette had in the last one, I wonder who would replace her in the next one?

Edited by Narutardedscum!!

Awrighty, here we go! Let it not be said that Aureity was slower than Nico!

http://mlpforums.com...re/#entry649510

(My OC will take the role of a Ponyville citizen, I just can't think of a good alternative backstory without me getting carried away again T__T)

Edited by Aureitas d'Aequitate
  • Brohoof 2