Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

A/N: This is a copy of my original fanfic on fanfiction.net. Just wanted to post it on MLP Forums for the heck of it! :3 I do not own My Little Pony.

My sister Princess Celestia and I returned to Canterlot Castle after our visit to a village called Ponyville, I invited my sister to sit down and talk. My heart was beating rapidly as she approached the seat across from me but I managed to keep calm for a bit.

This was the first time Celestia and I will finally have a conversation since my banishment... After all these years I wonder if she's still the same kind sister I have loved with all my heart.

"So Luna... how are you faring?" she began.

"Fine... just fine..." I said with a petite smile. It felt odd to see her so grown up and taller than me, her pink cotton candy- like mane was now pastel coloured and her tiny, cute tiara was now an elegant display with matching shoes and a necklace. The slight grin on my face then suddenly faded; everything seemed so... misplaced. Last time I checked, the place where Ponyville stood was once a blossoming glade with flowers of every kind, and the sweetest animals you could meet lived there.

There are now fields where there were rivers and mountains where there should be evergreen forests. The language pattern was just so odd and informal, no 'thee's, 'thou's. Celestia wasn't even speaking in the Royal Canterlot Voice she had loved so much to use especially in court. She had once said it takes the boredom out of everypony in the throne room! I also loved to use it for the same reason.

But I knew Celestia caught my dissapointment when she also frowned. "Don't lie to me Lulu, you can trust me." she teased "I'm your big sister".

Lulu... I haven't heard that nickname in eons. Celestia knew I despised that wretched nickname she and Discord came up with when we were fillies. But... about trusting her honestly after the last thousand years? I'm not quite certain on.

Yes I have trust in her. But to be honest? She banished me for a thousand years! I don't think our bond would be repaired this quickly. After all, I had just reunited with her three hours ago with six mares who seem to now have power over the Elements of Harmony. This is confusing me... but I have to try and regain my loyalty and love for Celestia. I want it to be as if I was never banished, I want people to not fear sight of me in public. But most of all, I want to be a generous ruler like my sister.

"Look, Celestia... c-can I ask you something?" I asked anxiously.

"Of course!" Celestia piped with her signature smile.

But at the sight of it I hesitated immediately. It may seem like a walk in the park when I think about admitting everything to her, but doing it for real? Out of the question.

"I took notice of the rather 'informal' speech pattern during our visit to Ponyville today and I wanted to ask, what happened to it?" I babbled briefly

Celestia's face lit at my question. "Oh! I forgot to mention about that. You see Luna, as the years passed; many ponies have thought it was rather too formal to speak in the way of the Royal Canterlot Voice. So they made a few tweaks here and there at first; but as more generations arrived, the small changes have turned into a much bigger deal and the old ways have been forgotten along with history." she informed.

"Even the Canterlot Elites?"

Celestia nodded, "Even them, although they still have a fairly high- leveled vocabulary"

As I was about to make a remark about the Canterlot Elites being unreasonable foals a thousand years ago; a colt came in. He had a quill for a cutie mark and was wearing what seemed to me like our old royal advisor's uniform.

Celestia stood and walked to him then turned back to me. "Luna, I'd like you to meet our advisor; Sunrise Dew" she introduced as Sunrise bowed to me.

Oh Tia... why do you always get the advisors with "sun" in their names?

I remember the last advisor was named Moonheart. She was the first and last advisor that Celestia let me choose, maybe it was because I had always bothered her about almost all our advisors having sun- related names and no moon- related ones. But the main reason was maybe because less than a week before that, our last advisor Sunhaze Rage nearly plunged Equestria into a 70 year long war after angering the griffon ambassadors.

And I thought Celestia was much smarter than to choose a pony with the word "rage" in it's name.

"Tis' a pleasure to meet thou Sunrise Dew" I greeted

"Glad to meet you, your highness. Now Lady Celestia, court awaits your presence"

"You go right ahead Sunrise, I'll follow you momentarily".

Sunrise nodded and strolled out of the room. Celestia turned back to me, "While I hold court, do you want to go outside and meet some ponies?" she suggested.

Well... I haven't been around Equestria in a millenium. But I'd much rather prefer being with my saviors; those six mares that saved me from Nightmare Moon. They seem to be quite a friendly bunch from what Celestia told me during our trip to Ponyville.

"Celestia, what are the names of those six mares who saved me?" I asked

"Those were the friends of my pupil, Twilight Sparkle. There was Applejack, Rarity, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, and Rainbow Dash" Celestia replied

Huh, my sister has a student? By the name of Twilight Sparkle? I think I've heard that name before from Starswirl the Bearded, he mentioned something about wanting to name one of his future grandchildren that name. And if this Twilight Sparkle has become Celestia's pupil, she must have an extraordinary talent with magic. It was the same with Starswirl, Celestia wanted him because he had a special gift.

"Do you think I could try to become friends with them Tia?"

Celestia smiled, "Of course Luna; you can visit my pupil in her home. It's that giant tree in the middle of Ponyville"

"The one that looks like a library?" I wondered.

"It is a library Lulu!" she chuckled.

Oh Celestia how I wish you'd stop calling me Lulu...

I'm sorry but I can't continue to post this on MLP Forums. Although if you are indeed interested go to www.fanfiction.net and search "After A Thousand Years". You'll be able to read more of it there. Thanks! My fanfiction.net user is StaryDreams4ever (Lol =p)

Edited by Stary Dreams