Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

A Unified Earth.

Cherry Blossom

I apologize if there is a topic like this already.

So I've been thinking what could be done to unite all countries? It seems almost impossible because of different ideals, religions, governments, and languages. And even if the world did unite there would always be a resistance force unsatisfied with the government and rebelling. Also the economy would have to be organized to value of funds and a new coin and dollar design. And military may also be necessary to prevent terrorism. Most importantly government and religion would have to be organized somehow to feed the people's needs. Though I still think the world can be united if there was a major disaster on all the continents like an alien invasion or a massive metor hitting the earth. What are your opinions about this? Also a few weeks ago I have been watching an anime called Gundam 00

Which is basically a group called 'Celestial Being' makes armed interventions between nations to prevent wars by using mobile suit weapons called 'Gundams'. Their plan is to force the world to have to unite and go against 'Celestial Being' in order to finally defeat them.

http-~~-//youtu.be/SS2oabSacls

This video has been posted to entertain you while you type in your lovely and beautiful posts.

Edited by SnowPegasus

Oddly enough I've been thinking about this too. I think humans have an inability to work together, even when theirs a disaster that forces them to do so. I don't know if a United Earth would be possible. I think if everyone stopped discriminating and killing their might be a chance. So, the real question is "Is it possible for people to stop discriminating and killing and actually try to care for one another?" So I think it's a long shot, but it could could be possible.

i think that if all the nations ever united it wouldn't last long human nature and people own personal agendas will likely cause another war. also who would lead who would be the dominating country.

So one-world religion, government, and currency with a strong military to prevent "terrorism" (read:uprising)

Sounds a lot like New World Order to me. I don't particularly enjoy tyrannical higher-ups controlling the population through conformity.

• Brohoof 2

We're actually a lot closer to this than anypony realizes.

Look at the caveman area. You had one or two people, at most at family, wandering together and hunting for whatever they wanted. Anyone else you say was automatically an enemy, almost always the person you violently stabbed because they had chicken and you wanted chicken. Naturally, people got tired of this, so they formed tribes.

A couple thousand years later, we get city-states forming. This is significant not just because of the agriculture and physical technology involved, but also the intellectual technology. The idea that I'm following the rule of people not just because they have the bigger stick, but because I want the benefits of this society is HUGE. But, it gets better.

Nations and empire. Now its not just my neighbors who I'm following, but people I will never meet, hundreds or thousands of people together, not just casually, but inspired, believing in this abstract concept that we could never fully see or understand. And they keep growing. First China, then the Roman Empire, a little dip with the Dark Ages, then the British Empire. Then we have democracy. I'll save you my rants about how much I love America, but society is now based on interpersonal relationships.

Economies are global, technology connects us at a rate as fast as light itself. I'm meeting people who I've never seen before, and pretty soon, my children's children will find it strange that such a thing never occurred. A unified Earth isn't political or economic, its a matter of evolution and societal technology at our fingertips. I don't know whether or not it will be a single nation, but whether or not in name, there will be a single, unified Earth.

And then come the stars.

• Brohoof 1

The fear they created for terrorism let many national security bills pass easily, so now u have army patrolling the streets exercices and some ppl still think its cause of terrorism threat lol

Hmm not gonna happen,everything is about moeny not countries, and one goverment would require 1 rich group to forfeit, and there is absolutely no profit in doing that

Edited by Rainbow_Crash

It may seem impossobile for everyone to actually get along, but some may agree to reform.

That is very true, there will problaby groups or small factions that are against the government's ideals.

It would be great if the government would be very fair to everyone with full rights and be able to support the needs of the people. Also only to make a necessary sized military may prevent chaos or planetary defense.

We're actually a lot closer to this than anypony realizes.

Too bad a lot of technology is used to make machines of mass destruction.

I think we should first focus on the question of how to stop oppression in the world. Once we solve the problem of oppression, it will be a lot easier for a global government to form. Even then, it will be very hard for people to agree by the rules of a single government. Certain issues today cause enough problems nationally, let alone globally, and factions could fairly easily appear. Unless the world was governed with an iron fist, I really don't see how control could be maintained over how the world is governed.

Too bad a lot of technology is used to make machines of mass destruction.

Do you realize who humans are? Let me give you a clue.

Earth is nasty. Everything on earth wants to kill us. There are creatures that can breed trillions of themselves in weeks (no exaggeration), monsters twice our size that can outrun, outclimb, outswim, and outgun us in every way imaginable. Food is scarce, we wander in places that are not our intentional habitat, we can't grow quick or large enough to form herds, we are born helpless for several YEARS, which is downright pathetic compared to most animals.

What do we do? Well, first of all we start to run. Humans are very good runners, and we can keep at it for days with the correct diet and training. We outrun the deer, the antelope, and anything faster than us over the course of several marathons. Then we eat them. But that's not good enough. So we create devices that will outrun them, and will outrun other humans, and even the monsters that will kill us. We out-think even the monsters that would kill us all. So we become the biggest monsters, and so we start to hunt ourselves.

But somehow, that's not good enough. So we make societies and groups, and slowly form together. We are monsters, working together. Are we really still monsters? At what point do we realize that we grew up in a scary world, and our desires to kill and maim and destroy everything are only a part of who we are, and we need to find an outlet for them. We need to sit in bunkers and hover over weapons that we will never use, at least not more than once.

It's not easy, growing up on a death world, and its left scars. But we're growing. We're a young race, but learning fast. Just watch. Look at people. They might be a bit greedy, or self-concerned, but they're good. Look at bronies. This kind of sincerity wouldn't be possible ten years ago, but its possible right now. We're growing, and we can become something more.

[/Patrick Stewart speech]

It would be great if the government would be very fair to everyone with full rights and be able to support the needs of the people. Also only to make a necessary sized military may prevent chaos or planetary defense.

But this is assuming the government won't have corrupt people, won't try to seize our rights, and will be able to resist the temptations of becoming an Absolute Ruler. All of this is highly improbable.

But this is assuming the government won't have corrupt people, won't try to seize our rights, and will be able to resist the temptations of becoming an Absolute Ruler. All of this is highly improbable.

Doesn't our current government do that? I mean, USA has its issues, but its still a great country. I think that issues are omnipresent, but not omnipotent.

Doesn't our current government do that? I mean, USA has its issues, but its still a great country. I think that issues are omnipresent, but not omnipotent.

It does attempt to do this, but is unable to do so fully. SOPA, the Anti-Protest Act, OWS protesters being removed from their place of protest by police, ALL violate the first amendment. Our government constantly attempts to snag our rights right out from under us. After all, the First Amendment is what impedes them from having ALL of the power.

I don't really see America as a great country as much as I see it as a mediocre one.

It does attempt to do this, but is unable to do so fully. SOPA, the Anti-Protest Act, OWS protesters being removed from their place of protest by police, ALL violate the first amendment. Our government constantly attempts to snag our rights right out from under us. After all, the First Amendment is what impedes them from having ALL of the power.

I don't really see America as a great country as much as I see it as a mediocre one.

Here's the thing: those things have failed, because of the people and the voice that we do have. After all, the government isn't supposed to do much, by design.

Here's the thing: those things have failed, because of the people and the voice that we do have. After all, the government isn't supposed to do much, by design.

If you want examples that have violated our freedoms, there's always the NDAA, which grants the military the ability to hold you under arrest indefinitely if you are "believed to be a terrorist." That went through.

Edited by Random User

If you want examples that have violated our freedoms, there's always the NDAA, which grants the military the ability to hold you under arrest indefinitely if you are "believed to be a terrorist." That went through.

That would be one example of things that have violated our freedoms versus how many examples over the two hundred years of countryship where it have been expanded.

That would be one example of things that have violated our freedoms versus how many examples over the two hundred years of countryship where it have been expanded.

Either way, the government constantly takes potshots trying to take away our rights. I think that displays how they'd act if they owned the world.

Either way, the government constantly takes potshots trying to take away our rights. I think that displays how they'd act if they owned the world.

America has acted like they own the world for a long time. And I think you're right: they try to stop the constant flow of rights, or at least a very few ignorant people do.Meanwhile, everyone else works towards it, and we slowly gain infinite rights.

America has acted like they own the world for a long time. And I think you're right: they try to stop the constant flow of rights, or at least a very few ignorant people do.Meanwhile, everyone else works towards it, and we slowly gain infinite rights.

Much slower than the rest of the first world lol.

Much slower than the rest of the first world lol.

Really? Because America has only been around 200 years, after all. How long has Britain been around? And more to the point, what's happening to their privacy? There are more cameras in Britain than in any other country on Earth.

Really? Because America has only been around 200 years, after all. How long has Britain been around? And more to the point, what's happening to their privacy? There are more cameras in Britain than in any other country on Earth.

America's a country in decline. It doesn't exactly value intelligence as much as it values an aggressive businessman. So it's developing at a slower pace, where just a little while ago we were ahead in the arts, inventions, etc. The only thing America really has to brag about is its military.

America's a country in decline. It doesn't exactly value intelligence as much as it values an aggressive businessman. So it's developing at a slower pace, where just a little while ago we were ahead in the arts, inventions, etc. The only thing America really has to brag about is its military.

I'd say that's a myth. I mean, we have Apple and Microsoft, which are still the largest computer companies on Earth. A lot of the greatest innovators and inventors come from here. We are the major clerks and bankers of the Earth, and we manage the money a LOT more than most people realize. As for intelligence, we have a school system that allows anyone to join, and though its oft-derided for being underfunded and overworked, the fact that we give an education to everyone is a lot less common than anyone seems to realize. Most countries just don't have that.

I'd say that's a myth. I mean, we have Apple and Microsoft, which are still the largest computer companies on Earth. A lot of the greatest innovators and inventors come from here. We are the major clerks and bankers of the Earth, and we manage the money a LOT more than most people realize. As for intelligence, we have a school system that allows anyone to join, and though its oft-derided for being underfunded and overworked, the fact that we give an education to everyone is a lot less common than anyone seems to realize. Most countries just don't have that.

So my opinion on the state of things is a myth? Splendid. Apple seems more interested in money to me for various reasons. Microsoft to a much lesser extent, but can you really name anything else we have? We're certainly not on the cutting edge of technology like we used to be, investing all money in more efficient ways to kill others. Our education system is poor enough that it was declared a national security threat.

Edited by Random User