Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

[SPOILER]Princess Skyla?

Tupin86

If it's Shining Armor and Cadance's daughter, that was quick. The two just got hitched, and that's probably not the message that Hasbro would want to send to little girls. If it is, I could see the show picking fun at it, and making a joke about it to appeal to adults-and Twilight freaking out about becoming an aunt.

Who knows, maybe she's just related to Cadance somehow. Her sister? Niece? Second cousin twice removed on her mother's-whoever that is-side? :blink:

Or maybe she is part of worldbuilding somehow, and she's going to be part of this epic episode where they introduce more alicorns?

• Brohoof 2

If you look on at the artwork of Skyla on the box, you can see she's a recolor of sweetie belle, I think she's most likely just another non-cannon recolor. See

Posted Image

looks exactly like

Posted Image

This wouldn't be the first time hasbro has done this.......

Posted Image

Edited by Pegasus25
  • Brohoof 2

If you look on at the artwork of Skyla on the box, you can see she's a recolor of sweetie belle, I think she's most likely just another non-cannon recolor.

The problem with this argument is, this happens with canon show characters. For example, there's a Fluttershy toy where she's a recolor of Rainbow Dash. Background ponies and non-show ponies alike get this on their packaging. All of the blind bags are recolors of the mane 6. Hasbro can't be bothered to make original character artwork for every single toy, and this isn't an exception, no matter if it's actually on the show or not.

Edited by Rarietty
  • Brohoof 1

The vector looks like they just threw something together in General Zoi's pony creator. I'll assume this is just a toy but if this is an actual character, then do we REALLY need another princess? We already have Celestia, Luna, Cadence, and Chrysalis if you want to count her. [Yeah shes a queen but technically Celestia and Luna should be queens as we have yet to see either of their parents.] They aren't really that special if everypony and their sister are princesses.

Edited by Ponymon Trainer Red

If she is Cadance's daughter, this could mean one of two things.

-Alicornism is a dominant trait

-Alicornism is passed directly through royal blood, or alicorns breed alicorns no matter their mate.

Okay.. This actually has some even more serious implications than we're covering. If that is Cadance and Shining Armor's wee lil baby, then season 3 has to take place some time after season 2. The reasoning for this being that newborns look different as demonstrated by the cakes children here:

Posted Image

This is most likely not the case, as that would require an aging of the Cake's children and the CMC, along with probably Spike, which we know hasn't happened.. So my best guess is that there is a Crystal pony princess of some kind and this is her daughter.

Just my opinion, if anyone disagrees please tell me why :)

• Brohoof 1

Okay.. This actually has some even more serious implications than we're covering. If that is Cadance and Shining Armor's wee lil baby, then season 3 has to take place some time after season 2. The reasoning for this being that newborns look different as demonstrated by the cakes children here:

Posted Image

This is most likely not the case, as that would require an aging of the Cake's children and the CMC, along with probably Spike, which we know hasn't happened.. So my best guess is that there is a Crystal pony princess of some kind and this is her daughter.

Just my opinion, if anyone disagrees please tell me why :)

She DOES look suspiciously like Cadance.

Then again, this whole thing could be just a random toy, like the other so-soft one they have that's not a canon character and they could've just slapped "Princess" on it as marketing.

• Brohoof 1

I reckon she is Cadence's younger sister, or a member of the Crystal Monarchy. Those 2 are probably the most likely. If not, she may just be a random toy they released that has nothing to do with the story of the TV show, like Pinkie Pie's train, and her car.

You know what, I'm gonna go with everyone else and say it could be the daughter of Cadence. But the image in the Bottom left just makes her look like a Sweetie Belle re-color... I'm also gonna go out on a limb, and say this pony may or may not be in the show. I've seen a bunch of Mane 6 re-colors in my local store, and I don't think any of them appear in the show as far as I know. This pony, like I said, looks like a Sweetie Belle re-color.

Huh, It always seems toys are first to get noted rather than media out of what I've seen before.

It looks interesting, Hopefully it will be released in TV by season 3, who knows.

All I know is that MLP:FiM might be getting this, or maybe it's just a toy, nothing to do with the series.

Eh, I'll find out ;) ...

• Brohoof 1

Hello everypony. I joined just so I could reply to this thread. I know Alicorns are supposed to be rare but if an alicorn has a kid then the kid should be an alicorn. just because this is the magical land Equestria doesn't mean genetics don't apply. Personally I don't think this will be a canon character appearing in the show though ( watch now i'll be wrong ).

Edited by Nikorasu Moon Lancer Sora
  • Brohoof 2

Maybe she is the monarch of the Crystal Empire. Considering the fact that Cadance married Shining Armor, with no other to take the throne, she is the regent monarch now.

Or she is just their daughter, whatever.

Here's another one of my crazy theories-- probably wont happen, but it's just a guess!

Skyla is Cadence and Shining's daughter, and maybe she'll be around the same age as Pumpkin Cake and Pound Cake.

Maybe after a lot of episodes, when the original cmc finally get their cutie marks, they pass down the club to the younger three? But then they're upset that all their adventuring is finally over... So they actually decide to stay in the club too, and help the three younger fillies get their cutie marks, so that they're never teased by other fillies the way they were by Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon?

(kind of a run-on sentence, I apologize.)

I have no idea, haha.

EDIT: oh, and once again this is enforcing my theory on how I think the Alicorn gene only shows up in females.

Edited by Breezie

• 2 weeks later...

Celestia Has too many relations in the series already. DO WE NEED ANOTHER? I'm JK'ing.

I really hope this "Skyla" Makes it into Season 3! I can honestly agree with myself when I say, Skyla really needs to be in Season 3.

EDIT: SPOILER ALERT!

The tag on the side says clearly "Mommy, Are you a Princess too?" So that clearly means that Cadence must be the mother of Skyla.

Edited by Scootabelle

link me up, i have seen it yet ive been keeping away from anything season 3 and merch i'm meh about

also damn that was fast they had a kid strait after the honeymoon.

I'm doubting that it's Shinning Armor and Cadance's baby, mostly because they just got married (unless in Equestria the only reason ponies get married is to have foals, which is plausible).

Edited by Devin McCourty
Please report threads that need to be merged rather than posting about them.

Your thread has been merged with an already existing Princess Skyla thread. Please use the search function next time in order to avoid making duplicate threads. :)

You may now return to your regularly scheduled programming.