Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How Often do you Make Friends?

Shiki

Just kind of curious, because this forum is for MLP, which, you know, says friendship is MAGICAL. So, how often is it that you make friends? And how do you usually make them? And about how many friends do you have?

Quite honestly, I really make no friends. I don't try to. I really don't have any common interests with anyone (#HipsterChick), so it's kind of hard to start conversations with people. Also, I have a lot of different standards and views on life that really just don't sit in the same pool as others'. I have only 2 legitimate friends, and the one is hardly a friend, he's more of an acquaintance.

• Brohoof 4

It takes a social setting to make friends, and since I've been taking online classes that's been near impossible. I worked fulltime for a couple months in there and made a few friends at work. Even then all we really talked about was how we wanted to get out of work, and complaining about all of the stupid things that happened there. Now that I think about it they're more acquaintances than anything else. I had a group of friends in highschool but we mostly drifted apart and I really only talk to like 3 friends consistently.

online, i tend to stumble upon people like that in whatever convo and then talk to them. i don't feel i have any actual close friends, though. like the ones on this site; i don't talk to any people on here extensively that much. i talk a lot to some people, and then it stagnates. sometimes i wonder if i'm more of an acquaintance to them than a friend. it honestly feels like that is the case here.

IRL, i have no one, put simply. not a single one for my whole life. so nothing to comment on there.

I have one very close friend who I meet with very often and not many others. Of course I have a few work and school acquaintances, but I don't really meet up with them much at all outside of college or work. I might meet a few people this year with similar interests in the course I'm going into.

Edited by Celtore

Well my definition of "friend" is different than a lot of people's definition. I have many acquaintances, but very few friends. I only have two friends because most of my peers are air heads and don't share my values. I haven't found many people who share my same interests to the same degree that I do. #HipsterBoy lol

Plus I'm pretty sarcastic.

• Brohoof 1

Quite often :)

I'm quite chatty so I always just strike up Conversations with everyone about anything. This is particularly true in games and online where it is much easier to be less awkward, in dota when I played I made some really good friends within a few weeks that I talk to now after 6 months :)

@Sugar Plum if you want to make friends it's easy, just talk about things you have in common, there are loads of people with things in common with you :) we both like MLP right? :D

Edit: with further thought , I have only 2 or3 very close friends that I talk to most of every day, then 10 ish that I talk to a lot then many many aqaintences.

This seems to be quite similar to many here who tend to have a few very close friends them many aqaintences.

Edited by Happy Plant

@Sugar Plum if you want to make friends it's easy, just talk about things you have in common, there are loads of people with things in common with you :) we both like MLP right? :D

My Little Pony is a rather light interest of mine, which is why most of my posts are in General Discussion and pretty much everything that doesn't have to do with ponies. Also, I was referring more to real life, rather than online friends, because when you're online, there's a small community that gathers together for ANY interest, no matter how small.

My Little Pony is a rather light interest of mine, which is why most of my posts are in General Discussion and pretty much everything that doesn't have to do with ponies. Also, I was referring more to real life, rather than online friends, because when you're online, there's a small community that gathers together for ANY interest, no matter how small.

True, nowadays thought people spend most of there time online (I kinda do) so your much more likely to make friends online then in RL, for some online is effectively there RL

Edit: but yeah I can see your point, RL friends tend to be better and closer because can Do more stuff with them and rely on them in different ways.

Edited by Happy Plant

It's rare that I seek to make friends in real life. I have a few good friends currently, meaning I can share pretty much anything with them and we can have a good conversation or for just messing around and being silly, and I'm happy with them. I do also have acquaintances, but only really to talk generally.

I have no friends. I'm not going to go out of my way to try to be someones friend. I'm not exactly the most social person in the world, insnely shy, rather be left alone. Yeah thats me. I have the occasional person I'll talk to, but none are really friends. I do have one person who I count as a friend I guess, but thats it. So in all, I really only have one friend, that then the few people I talk to.

I have no friends. I'm not going to go out of my way to try to be someones friend. I'm not exactly the most social person in the world, insnely shy, rather be left alone. Yeah thats me. I have the occasional person I'll talk to, but none are really friends. I do have one person who I count as a friend I guess, but thats it. So in all, I really only have one friend, that then the few people I talk to.

Do you never feel lonely?

(I'm sorry I just can't comprehend that I just love talking to people :P >< )

Do you never feel lonely?

(I'm sorry I just can't comprehend that I just love talking to people :P >< )

Sometimes yes, I do, but considering I spend almost all my time online, yeah I know sad really, usually not. I do talk to people, just don't talk all that much, nothing big or personal with them. I'm more of a listiner any way.

I try to make real life friends, but the people at my school, I find them obnoxious and immature and tend to stay away from them. I attempt to make friends online sometimes by meeting them on forums. I'm quite the chatty skype user so I feel people find me annoying at times, so I try to meet others whenever I can.

• Brohoof 1

Real life? Almost never. I do have 2 friends I always spend time with.

Internet? I made some friends here on the forums. In fact, I got more friends here than anywhere else in this world.

It's not that I'm a antisocial person, but

A. Shy around others

B.People see me as a weirdo

C. A girlfriend can only exist as a dream for me, I'm extremely awkward around girls and most of them don't like me, too.

• Brohoof 1

Real life? Mmm... No. Not much. Just 5 and that's pretty much all. Everyone thinks I'm weird and annoying which I'm not. It's also because I'm very shy around others.

Internet? More friends than real life. It actually makes me sad that I prefer internet friends over real life friends. :|

Real life? Almost never. I do have 2 friends I always spend time with.

Internet? I made some friends here on the forums. In fact, I got more friends here than anywhere else in this world.

It's not that I'm a antisocial person, but

A. Shy around others

B.People see me as a weirdo

C. A girlfriend can only exist as a dream for me, I'm extremely awkward around girls and most of them don't like me, too.

I love the quote in your sig, I think it says a lot about friends in general, especially related to this thread :)

I love the quote in your sig, I think it says a lot about friends in general, especially related to this thread :)

Thanks. :)

The quote does indeed apply to this subject. My two IRL friends are the best I ever had. (Not that I have had many.) They, unlike many others I've met IRL, accept another person's opinions instead of labeling me as weird right away.

For example, one of my friends really hates bronies at times. Admittedly, we sometimes get in a fight about it, but we always end up saying sorry's and realising that what we have is stronger than an opinion about a show on TV.

Real life friends only end up disappointing me by back-stabbing me, ignoring me, or move away. Where as to internet friend, it doesn't matter how far away you are as long as you can communicate with eachother and have a good time. And, for me, it's easier to make friends over the internet who have similar interest as I do.

Thanks. :)

The quote does indeed apply to this subject. My two IRL friends are the best I ever had. (Not that I have had many.) They, unlike many others I've met IRL, accept another person's opinions instead of labeling me as weird right away.

For example, one of my friends really hates bronies at times. Admittedly, we sometimes get in a fight about it, but we always end up saying sorry's and realising that what we have is stronger than an opinion about a show on TV.

I think that's the sign of the best friends tbh, I'm like that with one of mine we sometimes are for hours about difference of opinions (he also hates mlp) but we always end up learning loads in the process and just agreeing to disagree in the end or w/e (we both know it's nothing and most of the time it's about pointless stuff haha) .

I think that's the sign of the best friends tbh, I'm like that with one of mine we sometimes are for hours about difference of opinions (he also hates mlp) but we always end up learning loads in the process and just agreeing to disagree in the end or w/e (we both know it's nothing and most of the time it's about pointless stuff haha) .

Learning stuff in the process is exactly what happens. Although we usually look back at chat logs and think 'why the hay were we arguing about that again?'. It's like magic. But hey, friendship IS magic, after all.

• Brohoof 1

I have a probably 15 people IRL I would consider true friends. Not tothe brag, but I'mI pretty popular at my school and I still thinkreference this, no matter how many people I talk to or hang out with. I have about 5 internet buds I'd consider true friends as well. The rest of people I meet or talk to are all aquiantances. Though I would like to get to know some members of this forum a little bitch more than I do now :)

Edited by Twilie'Zorah

I don't have many good friends, maybe 2 or 3. Having a bunch of friends is kind of nice if you can crash at their place and munch on all their munchies in their fridge, but in the end, it's kind of useless to have many friends. Having connections on the other hand though, is much better. As for online friends, not too many, they come and they go.