Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How Often do you Make Friends?

Shiki

Not so often. I have 3 really close friends and one of them is my partner. Sure, I have friends here on MLPForums too, but IRL It's better to have 3 friends you can trust on than 20 you don't even know...

Good question, I've had people approach me to try and become friends with them but my personality just won't allows this. Simply put, I don't want to disappoint them. It's one of those bad habits kind of thing that I can't get rid of and as a result I got zero friends.

Edited by SrFrog

Friends what is this i have people i know a lot more then just random strangers i have my friends who are family brothers now, but i don;t really have friends i don't know what it is about me I'm antisocial? i guess I've been hurt picked on bullied accustomed to the loneliness and accepted it? idk i want to make friends but at the same time i just dont wanna be used and hurt

I hear you on that, heh. Although, talking to people I met online over Skype actually helped me regain a little confidence.

I can't exactly do that when my parents don't like it... So, I'm left trying to be more confident by myself. I'll bet I can do it.

How often do I make friends? Well, whenever I have sufficient corpses and there's a lightning storm about with which to animate them. Obviously. But in general, the voices in my head are friend enough for me.

If you want a proper answer, then I make friends where ever I can. It doesn't take much more than a smile and a willingness to talk to them about what they find interesting. Or better, to fake looking interested while they talk. It's only polite. I made about 15 friends this week (no, it's not a joke. Every year a large group of new people come in to Japan to teach English. The welcome party was Wednesday) This job I have means I meet a lot of people, from various places in the world. I find the similarities much more important than the differences. Some remain acquaintances only, but some become friends in the true sense.

I have one really good friend, who moved to Germany so I can only talk to him online. I have another friend who is more like an acquaintance really. I haven't talked to him since school was out.

By the way, what's with the "dubstep isn't music" tags? That's random and incorrect.

I use word "friend" very carefully. "Friend" is somebody I can be 100% honest with, other people I know are just aquaintances. I don't have many friends (2, maybe 3) and I hardly ever try to make new. Not because I'm shy or something - I just don't need to have more friends than I already have. I'm very introvertic person so I don't need social interaction to feel OK. Of course, I like to spend time with people I like, but I don't mind being alone. For instance, I'm spending this holiday all by myself and I feel completly fine.

I had a friend when I was a child and still lived in Germany. I played with many other children, but he was the only real friend I had. Then my family moved to Italy and I never saw him again. I was so sad I decided to never have friends again because it hurts too much when you lose them. This went on for all my childhood, I grew up "alone", only with my video games to entertain me. But some months ago I met some new people (well, not really new, we've been in the same class for a whole year but we never talked) and now I have 2 good friends and a couple of other people I hang out with. I'm ok like that, I don't need many people in my life.

I don't really have much friends at all. Most of my 'Friends' I know are a bunch of people with a flat out flawed logic and always tries to torment me when they have a chance.

Everyone calls me a nerd for playing on the comp too long.

My brother always torments me everyday, making me wonder how everyone else is like since I used to think of my brother as a role-model.

The only friends I have ever have are the ones with the closest interests and hobbies with me but that's about it, no one else. I'm always spotted at the odd one out of the crowd but I've learned to deal with loneliness and whatever else the world throws at me. The teachers at my school are also partial to my loneliness as they always degrading me for whatever reason and making the influence of my reputation with my friends.

Also, whenever I try to use logic to reason with someone in an argument, they just swat me off and say "I WONTZ BEZ FRIENDS YOUSE ANYMOREZ!"...

Friend is an overused term in my book.

But to answer the question "How often do you make friends?".. Heh heh.. Does a mice get his cheese on a mouse trap? You already know the answer to that.. Rarely..

I certainly meet new people all the time. However, I only occasionally become friends with them. I prefer quality over quantity when it comes to my friends. Two or three true friends is better than twenty or thirty fake friends.

I make friends, or at least, what I consider a friend (which is a true friend, not some casual acquaintance you barely know and speak to as most people seem to define the word friend as) every few years. Which is to say, extremely unoften. I am very picky and choosey about who I consider a friend. And it is not easy to become mine. My circle is currently composed of two people, and it is a level I am comfortable at. Personally, I'm not one for being surrounded by a bunch of people I barely know. Interacting with people in general is an uncomfortable affair for me that I like to reduce to a minimum.

Though that said, there may be another friend to be made in the future. Which would boost it to three. It takes me time to develop trust and friendship for another person. Quite a bit of time to break through my barriers. So this probably won't happen for a while.

I tend to make more friends online...but what sucks is..I cannot hang with them and such. But, outside of my online life, I frankly have a hard time making friends. I mean, I am a nice person and all, but most people find me to be odd and kinda careless? I am odd at times, but I do care for people I care for. And it might be harder for me to make friends probably because I know like...everyone around my town. I probably need to get out more and explore! :huh:

Only whenever someone new comes to my very small charter school, then it's a small chance that it will be someone that is decent and has some similarities with me.. Yea it's pretty rare. Not to mention I've never even met another brony before :(

I usually make my friends in massive clumps at a time, but that may change with me going to college so I can't say what it'll be like in the future. I had 4 different "phases" where I made friends

Grade school: I just became friends with 3 other kids and they were my only friends for 8 years (small school)

High school: Freshman Year, moved to a big school and only talked to 3 people, 1 friend from grade school, a kid on my bus, and a kid in my english class. Those 3 were my only friends for the entire year and I had like 1 class with each. (School size was 1500... Lonely year ha)

High School: Sophomore year and junior year, I made 2 large groups of friends, the sporty-kids-who-didn't-play-sports and some cheerleaders and their friends. Basically I sat at their lunch tables the first week of school and we've been friends ever since.

High School: Senior Year, I knew a lot of people by then so I just talked to everyone in my class and I chose a small group in each class to be my closer friends and I chatted with everyone.

As for super close friends, I don't have a friend that I will openly tell everything, some people I will tell certain things.

Edited by TOMahwk

I am not at all active in any brony community.

I had friends before I moved, but I had to move because there was nothing for me in that city, future wise

I've only lived here a month, and it took me years to make those friends (whom I don't think I was that close with)

well, everytime I get on this Forum, I seem to add at least five more people........... :blink:

...wat.

I have not once taken the time to add a single user on this forum. A very small sum have added me, and I have the thing on auto-accept. But yeah, I've never added anyone. #Biotch

• 2 years later...

Well I do get the occasional random friend request here and there, but as far as being actual friends with them I would say it's very rare. Either most who add me never speak to me, or they do. I think most friendships are temporary with me, it gets boring after a certain length of time if it's not a quality relationship, then we aren't friends anymore and no harm is done. That's when I just move on and find someone else.

I only make friends when people talk to me first. I never just go up to somebody random and talk to them.

And it really depends on if I like the person or not (duh!). The friends I have are good enough for me, they're the best and I don't really need more. Most people are awful anyway