Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How Often do you Make Friends?

Shiki

In real life I have a group of six or seven really close friends. I don't avoid making friends by any means, but I'm not a party girl either. If I meet someone I like, that's fine, but I'm not making a point of collecting names to add to my Christmas card list. I just keep it natural and let it happen if and when it happens. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Answer: Very very long time ago.

Making friends IRL is like, a big dedication and giving away life resources. As a child, it took about 1-2 hours to approach someone new, like when visiting a new neighborhood and seeing a cool kid working on his bicycle, walking by multiple times to try to be visible.... No that wasn't really worth it: He introduced me to a guy that beat me up 2 years later. Yep, I think that was the last time I tried.

I stuck to my childhood friends for a long time. They grew up and started doing weird things, getting into trouble, or just growing up. [sarcastic mode] I love that day when my childhood friend came up to me and said: I am a grown-up now, I don't play silly games or have fun anymore. He was 10 then. Last time I saw him, he still didn't look like he had had any fun.

• Brohoof 1

I'm more sociable than when I made this thread. I make lots of friends online, but still none irl. Hell I don't even go outside anymore. 

Not much at all. There’s only like...a very tiny handful of people I consider my friends. And most of them I haven’t even met irl. 

• Brohoof 1

I dunno. Back when I was younger I made a pretty good number of very close friends, but over the years they just left. I dunno what was so appealing about old me, I was honestly kind of a whiny twerp, but I need to get back into friend-making mode if I don't wanna be left alone in the coming years. :v

• Brohoof 1

Depends on which frequence I threaten someone :applehat: Nah but seriously I'm pretty sociable; I try to make buddy buddy with anyone, but (very) few I'd consider friends. And even fewer consider me their friend

• Brohoof 2

I make friends very occasionally, as communication can be difficult for me. Sometimes, I feel like I'm just too different to be truly understood :sunny:.

(edited)

Friends?! Where?! :mlp_lie:

*flees in terror*

I don't really...do...people. You know? Yeah, I know this is a Friendship Is Magic board, but it's generally easier to get along with imaginary ponies than it is to get along with humans. :P

I don't mind the occasional friend, but I'm not a "Pinkie Pie" type of person.

Edited by Kings&Hooves14

I don't. I just... generally don't like people much at all. I have three very close online friends and some less close, but still important, online friends. But it's small in number. I hang with my coworkers sometimes too, but that's honestly about it. I'm bad at socializing and prefer not to do it when I can anyway. I have what I need.

(edited)

Not very often? I have about 4 friends and I guess a discord server full of friends too, but i'm not very good at talking to people, especially when school isn't in 

Edited by Universe_Lua

I don't find it too hard to make acquaintances of a number of people if I'm put in a position where I see them often (like classes, work, or an ensemble), but if I'm not currently partaking in any of those activities, I pretty much don't make any friends. I also am horrible at keeping up friendships. I don't know if people just get tired of me, or if it's just that my anxiety causes me not to interact with them for long periods of time because I feel like I'd be bothering them, and then they feel like we aren't friends anymore...

Well I don't always because I'm a little shy and quiet, but I wish to be a better friend to others

Edited by StarrySkyDash
  • Brohoof 2

• 3 months later...

Considering pretty much every new friend I've made recently online isn't a real friend based on how they act (no one from here, you all are nice~)

I'd say I pretty much don't make any friends at all v-v

I’m terrible at making new friends, but am fiercely loyal to established ones. I seem to have a serious case of resting bitch face both online and in person that makes me seem unapproachable. 

Depends on what level of friend you’re talking about.

Super casual friend? Super easy, I make those all the time online.

Good friend? Someone you care about and can carry long conversations with? A bit harder. I have to be sure I can trust them with more of my deeper emotions.

BEST OF FRIENDS (practically relatives). This has only happened TWICE in my entire life. The first one, I grew up and realized that I’d always cared way more about them than they cared about me. And they were a flake. I don’t consider us friends anymore.

The second... Well we just had our 10 Year Friendiversary a couple months ago. :yay:

I made my last in-person friend at the end of my sophomore year of high school (though I haven't really talked to him in like a year or so). I have no idea how it happened :derp: Man, I miss the days when I wasn't too shy to talk to people.