Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How Often do you Make Friends?

Shiki

In real life I tend to stick to family more than trying to make friends, so unless family members can count as friends then I don't have much.

As for the internet, I don't make friends very often, but I do have them. The friends I do have though have all started out as acquaintances with a similar interests and it blossomed into something better as time moved on.

I haven't been very lucky with friends. I sorta have a negative attitude because of that (vicious cycle) along with a sarcastic sense of humor which most of the other girls in my grade don't have. Heck, there aren't even any other weird nerdy girls in any of my classes. I'm like the only outcast in my whole grade.

Anyway, the only friend I consider a real friend is one of the girls that used to hang out with me in my old high school before I moved out of country. She's not good at making friends either. We still chat on facebook. As for in-country friends, I only have one that I consider an actual friend just because she seems to genuinely like me instead of pretending to like the rest of the girls in my group do. It's like I've become their responsibility now since if they ditched me it would make them look bad. :/

Edit: I cut it short because that was way too long...

Edited by cleva

Meh. In reality alot of people seem to dislike me, so I don't make alot of friends.

On the internet? I make friends fairly easily but it's pretty hard to gain my trust.

EDIT: Pointless stuff

Edited by Kestrel

In real life I tend to stick to my close knit group of friends, occasionally someone will be introduced but usually I just hang with my clique. The internet on the other hand, i make friends daily... and enemies :/

I'm quite shy when talk face to face to a new person, but when i'm on the internet i can make friends quite easily, i try to find what we have in common, i dont care what country they are from, but as long as i make myself clear with my horrible english, i try to make a lot of friends by anyway possible, 3 years ago i had like 6 friends in a group 40 people of my class, but now I have improved my relationship with some of them, and surprisingly a lot of them are nice people, but at the same time there are some that just seem to have the need to be mean, wich sucks, but at least i try to make everything possible so that they don't bother me and i don't bother them, the phrase "Love and Tolerate" has helped a lot with that

Online: All the time

IRL: Friendship? Is that something edible?

Im kinda antisocial when it comes to talking to people for real, yet im forced to spend 6 grooling hours with 30 other people five days of the week. School is torture :(

Online: I make friends often but keeping them doesn't always happen as conflict or other reasons. I have a few that been friends for YEARS! :D

Real Life: I only have a few friends that I keep in contact with most being family friends that hang out and help each other.

Just kind of curious, because this forum is for MLP, which, you know, says friendship is MAGICAL. So, how often is it that you make friends? And how do you usually make them? And about how many friends do you have?

Quite honestly, I really make no friends. I don't try to. I really don't have any common interests with anyone (#HipsterChick), so it's kind of hard to start conversations with people. Also, I have a lot of different standards and views on life that really just don't sit in the same pool as others'. I have only 2 legitimate friends, and the one is hardly a friend, he's more of an acquaintance.

This sort of thing depends on what you count as a freind, wether you view the meaning friend as someone close to you and know lots of things about or someone you just do stuff with and talk. Also you may think that you don't really have common interests with other's but that allows you to be selective with your freinds and or pals in ways that I can't fully explain you because I don't know your personality so I hope this helps you out in someway.

I have a few friends...apparently i am quite likeable? I never saw it.. but umm..yes I have quite a few friends...I guess you jusst have to be nice and be understanding of othe people, being sensitive to their feelings, but I guess also having a sense of humour helps too

Quite honestly, I really make no friends. I don't try to. I really don't have any common interests with anyone (#HipsterChick), so it's kind of hard to start conversations with people.

What I was going to say.Is this exact thing.For some reason it's easier to make freinds over the internet than IRL.I guess it's easier to talk online.

I've always had a knack for making friends, I'm just sort of a charismatic guy, I guess. But keeping them is another story...

Altogether, I'd say I have 2 REALLY good friends, and several people who I consider friends.

I have six really good friends that I completely trust with anything and I love them to death. Anyone else is an acquaintance or someone I talk to in the halls or in a class, etc. They're just little friends.

This year I'm making it a point to be more social. Today I talked to a kid in band I didn't talk to last year, and it wasn't that hard. He's a cool kid, pretty funny, actually. I learned the hard way not to trust everyone, and I definitely don't, but being friendly and social is something I'm trying to do.

I actually think it's harder to make friends over the internet than IRL. That's just me, though.

i go to a private school where i have a secluded amount of friends. new people come in every year (usually 2-3 since it isnt a huge school) and im basically friends with everyone in my classes. im quite a social kid :)

I only have 2 friends IRL, if you can even count them as that. I wouldn't trust them to be there for me or to keep anything I tell them a secret for long. Online, Its kind of the same, I have about 5 of the kind of friend mentioned before. I know I could make friends if I tried, and I have before, but it seems kind of pointless to me.

Now a days I find it that I make friends a lot more easily than I did when I was in high school, I think my table top hobby has helped with that as far as interacting with other people, but since I started watching MLP:FiM and interacting with the Brony community I'm a lot more open to others. Well open to others in the sense that that I don't judge them immediately with out actually talking with them and getting to know them. In short before I start to ramble on, I find that I make friends more often.

I don't make friends very often, but I tend to stick with the ones I have through thick and thin. When I was in middle school and high school I was fairly social and met all kinds of people, but my college days aren't turning out so hot and most of the people I talk to regularly are online friends. I'm glad I have the ones I do, though~

I like the people I meet, I'm just... really easily tired out on the whole socializing thing and I tend to over-analyze.

• Brohoof 1

I have maybe 4 or 5 close friends in real life. I'm kind of awkward/anxious in social settings, so I tend to not make friends very easily :P

As for online friends? Well, I don't really consider someone a friend until I get to know them, and we talk for awhile, so.... none :blush:

I was never a big friend-maker. In high school I sort of hung out with a relatively unchanging group of people-- the nerdier/more ambitious/scholarly types. I didn't find too many starting out in college, and it really discouraged me. Even today I'm still reluctant to make friends and the people that seem closest to me, as others have said, are online.

I'm kind of "socially awkward penguin" I have a hard time making friends. Have plenty of acquaintances, but very few real friends. I have MAYBE six or seven REAL friends. Met most of them when we went all through elementary, middle and high school together. I'm always up for making new friends too.

I may seem like a friendly guy, but that's because I'm more comfortable meeting people online, when they can't see me screw up in real time. So I don't make friends often.

I will have to soon... or I'll be that socially awkward dual-enrolled home-schooled high-schooler at the community college...

• Brohoof 1

I try my best to make friends, but they enf up making me annoyed eventually, so I just ignore them for a bit, then when I finally talk to them they're aren't that nice, so not that often, of the few who are still nice, I have maybe 20-30 friends who are still nice.

I may seem like a friendly guy, but that's because I'm more comfortable meeting people online, when they can't see me screw up in real time. So I don't make friends often.

I will have to soon... or I'll be that socially awkward dual-enrolled home-schooled high-schooler at the community college...

I hear you on that, heh. Although, talking to people I met online over Skype actually helped me regain a little confidence.