Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How Often do you Make Friends?

Shiki

Online- None, since some people aren't who they say they are.

Offline- I'm kind of a loner so I'm not really that into socializing, though I have some aquaintinces. I have finals to study for so I really don't have any time.

It depends. Usually I have an easier time making friends online than offline because I think there's more room for error in terms of making mistakes. Offline, however, I feel there's very little room for error for making friends.

It depends. Usually I have an easier time making friends online than offline because I think there's more room for error in terms of making mistakes. Offline, however, I feel there's very little room for error for making friends.

I agree, you can't use a delete or edit button in real life.

(edited)

In real life, rarely. The last friend that came close to a close friend was back in my high school days. I didn't do it myself. Rather, one of the teachers, who told me about him being scared about an annual overnight trip to a camp at first but then enjoyed it, introduced me to him. I myself never ended up enjoying the overnight camp, but we had things in common, like both being in the autism spectrum and having similar music tastes. I also had classmates whom I never felt lonely with due to seeing each other everyday and checking in about our weekends. Now with college and how separated we are, I feel like I'm losing them as friends and when I do meet them, it doesn't feel the same as it used to. Especially my closest friend. To add to it, I have no confidence in making new friends at college because I don't know who to trust and is worth my time. In other words, I'm being picky and prefer being around people I can relate to. To add to the pain, I try meetup groups, clubs, interesting classes outside of school, etc. and I can't even get past acquaintance phase let alone know at least one person well enough. Why? Because usually I'm ignored and treated like I don't exist or am uninteresting no matter how much I put myself out there. I swear, I don't stare at my iPhone, I dress nicely, and I look like I'm in the mood to chat. In other words, I don't think I'm doing anything wrong. What happens is my brain gets put under pressure and I usually think of questions to ask. But unfortunately, others are too busy to talk to others and I have a hard time trying to get in a conversation group. People greet me but I get ignored after. Think about someone who looks at something at a store and thinks it's good in a way that he/she wants to buy it, but doesn't end up buying it. That's how I'm treated at big groups and clubs.

Online though, I make several friends and most of them involve someone adding me. I also add members who I feel like I enjoy seeing them in threads I participate a lot in or whom I can relate to.

Edited by CC_Maud_Pie
  • Brohoof 1

Not so much. I think that's the norm, but between parenting, working and writing I just don't have time for a social life. I'm just happy the friends I've got haven't completely forgotten about me yet.

Hmm... are we talking about now? If so probably like once in a blue moon if I am lucky. The last friend I made and spent a lot of time with. Ended up having to move and well never even said goodbye or anything.... but I won't get into that.  It's been very rare and a challenge making friends these days for me. I've just gotten used to it it and there are not that many people in my town that have things in common with me anyways. 

Honestly, it's weird. People just are attracted to me online and offline. Even if I'm minding my own business some random kid will come up and talk to me, even invite me to parties. I was just chilling with my usual group at a festival last week, and someone I knew from high school that goes to a college near mine invited me to a party at the Wrestling Fraternity house without me saying more than 10 words xD idk i guess i just have a natural talent for making friends without trying

(edited)

Pretty much everyday I make friends on the internet and I actually almost became close internet friends with BlackGryph0n and Michael Creber

But IRL I am quite shy

Edited by MLG4Ever

it seems I have very bad luck with friends in RL...one of my friends who I had known for years broke into my house and robbed me blind...another friend who again, I knew for years, slept with my girlfriend at the time...so I guess I'm kinda jaded on the whole "friendship" thing

i make friends pretty much never, but when i try i make them easily. im not really the type to approach others but im pretty much always willing to befriend people when i am introduced or whatever. luckily i prefer being on my own anyway, and the friends i do have are A+.

I usually never am able to make friends in real life. Since most of the time I'm shy or most of the people around me just don't have the same likes as I do. Online though I make friends a bit more easily. I know I have made a few close friends on the forums.  :P

• Brohoof 1

I've always had trouble making friends, especially offline. Online, it's easier because well, it's always easier when you have a computer hiding what you look like! This fandom's given me a lot of friends, a few I've even met in real life at conventions  :) And since I had already acquainted myself with them prior to meeting them irl, I felt comfortable. I guess I'm one of those people that just don't fare well outside of their comfort zones  :sunny:

It usually depends. Whenever I make friends, it almost always seems to be because of a mutual interest, such as music or video games. I've made more friends online, but I mostly prefer the friends I know in real life, but that's not to say I don't know a lot offline.

Friends? What are friends? I don't have any!

Or so people always say to me. And I sometimes believe them.

Let's say that I do have friends, it takes me a loooong time to trust and befriend others. IRL. It's much easier online.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 years later...

I love making friends, call me Pinkie Pie. :laugh: Even though I might come off as a little shy at first, I still enjoy talking to new people whether it be online or irl. 

• Brohoof 1