Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

fan fiction The heart that you returned to me

Finesthour

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/5776/The-heart-that-you-returned-to-me

This is based on My little Dashie, with Fluttershy in place of it. I thought it would be an interesting idea, as I would know Fluttershy would be taken away from me. Here is a small section, hope you enjoy!

“I now sit alone in this empty house, staring at my mother's rainbow picture with a smile plastered on my face; every time I see it, I think of Dashie. I should be crying, I should feel horrible and want nothing but my daughter back. And yet, I feel relieved to know that everything is alright. She didn't run away, or leave on bad terms; she is gone, home, to where she belongs, and is safe.

I look back down to my photo album, turning to the page after our most recent photo. The pages are blank. I still have a lot of life ahead of me, and I plan to make the best of it.

For myself.

For my little Dashie.”

Tears were flowing from my eyes as I read the last part of “My little Dashie”, the tears slipping throw my closed eyelids, this story producing so many tears that it seemed my head was a raincloud, pouring the contents of myself out of my eyes. The contrast of my white shirt had become dull due to the amount of tears this story had compelled to fall. Keeping my right hand on the mouse, I moved the cursor to the red x on my browser and closed the web page, tears still flowing out of my eyes. With my left hand, I tried to wipe away the wetness my eyes were producing, but it only caused the tears to spread across my face, forcing my eyes to become hazy. Trying as best I could, I brought myself out of the chair that was at my desktop, and collapsed on the mattress that was laid on the floor. My body was demanding that I slept, however the affect this story had on me was, without a doubt, a massive blow to my emotional state. With all of my might I tried to cast aside the story I had just read, moving aside the thought of Rainbow Dash and onto happier matters. My mind came up empty handed, turning around and moving back onto the idea of ponies.

That was the problem with me, I experienced no other happy thoughts. It seems that when I try to tell someone how I feel about life, they say that I am just over exaggerating, and that I am taking things for granted. Throughout the short fifteen years that I have dwelt on this earth, I have yet to truly feel happy. Yes, I have felt small spasms of joy when I receive a gift from loved ones, but the true feeling of happiness never seemed to hit me. I had never lived a good life, but I tried to make the most of it. I attempt to not live in the past, but at some points, it is rather hard not to, whenever you were kidnapped and molested by a man you don’t even know. I never let these thoughts get to me, but they still made me sad. However this year seemed to poke at the sad part of my brain, as everything that could go wrong, did go wrong. The girlfriend that I had loved with every fiber of my tender soul had left me for another guy, one who did not weigh two hundred and fifty pounds at fifteen. The thought of this pained my heart constantly, knowing full well she left me because I was chubby. Inside of my will, I wanted to become skinny. Inside the state I was in, I thought that if I became skinny, maybe my life would be a little easier to live. Laughing at my ignorance whenever this went through my mind, I shake it away and attempt to live my life as happy as I could make myself.

That is, until my big brother died. My brother... he was an amazing sight. He was perfect in just about every way, from looks to personality. He was the type of person you wanted to talk to, the type of person you wanted to share your feelings with. I was not the only person to think this apparently, as every person in my family treated him as the better brother, and rather ignored me. I was ok with this fact though, as long as I had the honor to kill him my big brother. We talked about everything together, from baseball, to My little pony. My brother was the person to introduce me to the show, a week after my girlfriend destroyed my heart. The happiness it brought me could not be explained in words, and the gratitude I had for him was beyond measure. I loved him, with all of my heart. But... that was until the car crash.

First chapter added.

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/5776/The-heart-that-you-returned-to-me Edited by Finesthour

(edited)

I got a comment on the fic just 10 minutes ago...

"I wrote this immediatly after the beggining, just before the story started. I feel the need to express some of the likliness of your pain, which i see reoccurence in my own life. Though my older brother is alive, he has been horrible to me my whole life, every chance he got to ridicule me he could take it. I would never bring myself to share ponies with him, yet through all his torment, i still loved him, because he was brother...IS still my brother. I read your intro, and felt that extreme condolences should be brought forth to you sir. Your strength is insurmountable, as you openly expressed your pain without thought of reprocussion. At first i was saving this story, as something interesting since I like AJ, but tonight, i proceeded to read the intro and felt a connection as we share similiar pain. Though we may not know each other, we are like brothers all the same, bronies.....Also since im a very close friend of Alex Griffin, the man who wrote My Little Dashie, i sent this story to him. Keep your head up man, you deserve every bit of fortune that comes your way. I feel you would want to see a message like this, since i was never given the same luxury."

Here is another sneek peak.

Darkness. It has overtaken my mind. As I attempted to use my pupils to view the world around me, I could only see pure black nothingness. Panic started to creep it’s slimy way into my heart as the darkness not only embraced my body, but the contents of my very soul. Within the moment of my panic, I tried to move my limbs to escape this dark abyss. Much to my dismay, my limbs that I so needed to move refused to respond to my muscles, feeling as if they had turned into jam. My weak, feeble heart could not take the sinking feeling of the darkness around me, my entire body collapsing to the floor. Tears began to stream out of the sockets of my eyes, the tears disappearing as they fell. As if the darkness knew I was in pain, it seemed as if it wanted to thrive on it. Pressure started to build up around my body, flattening me to the floor. The pressure squeezed the air out of my body, my body reacting with waves of pain coursing through my body. I tried to scream, but it seemed like I had no mouth to do so with. Within my chest, it felt like not only the my breath was escaping my body, but my very soul a long with it. Once again attempting to move my limbs, I tried to escape the hell of this limbo, wanting to see the light of day once more. The darkness began to react with it’s toy trying to escape, putting an even greater amount of pressure on my back. Tears began to flow with the same force as a waterfall, the pain now becoming too great to bare. The thought of death began to course through my mind, becoming an inevitability. My will to live began to grow smaller and weaker, the fire of life inside of me beginning to fade. The darkness began to eat the edges of my soul, causing me to try to scream again. When I found I could still not scream, I began to cry harder. This must of pleased the darkness around me, as I could hear a small growling echoing around me. I immediately felt another’s presence around me, one that caused me to shake in fear as I was beginning to die. As if I was doing exactly what it wanted, the darkness continued to feed on my fear and soul, as if it was enjoying every moment of it. The rhythmic beat of my heart began to slow, losing it’s tempo. The small amount of breath that was left in my body had now left, causing me to suffocate. The feeling of death began to creep over me like a blanket, the darkness now seeming peaceful as it took my life. Tears still came out of my eyes, knowing I would never see the world I had lived in ever again. I promised myself I would live for my big brother, and I was going to let him down by dying now. Closing my eyes, I accepted the darkness inside of me, ready to die and to escape this hell. Taking the invitation, I could feel the darkness slowly drift it’s way inside of me, taking control over every fiber of my body. I could feel it’s sickening touch as it went through my body, corrupting every piece of me on the way down. The moment it reached my heart, I knew it was the end of my existance. The last thought that went through my mind as it reached my heart was,

“I’m sorry big bro... I couldn’t live... for you...”

Whenever this thought was over, the darkness wrapped it’s grubby hands around my heart, and killed me within a moment.

Edited by Finesthour

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...