Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Parents playing video games?

Cherry Blossom

My perants are who drove me to become so competitive at gaming, I recall playing driver and gran turismo loosing to my dad constantly, which drove me to become better and better. They stopped playing games sometime after I started beating them every time :P

My mum sat and watched my play CoD:Blackops (PC) when I was arts ting to prestige on dayof release(which I managed :P) she could only watch for a few mins though as she complained the quick movements and spinning around were making her feel sick :P

I've seen a report about a family in America who all play WoW together, they even call each other by their character names >.<

Edited by Lost

My parents? The most they ever play is Solitaire.

My Uncle on the other hand...he used to DOMINATE when it came to Halo. (And you'd never guess that from the way he looks/talks/works/etc.)

My Dad has played games in the past on the orginal PS but hadn't really had the time nor the desire to play until I came home for the summer (in the middle of moving, the house I was moving into wasn't ready yet so spent June til mid Aug at home) and he got intrested when I was playing Skyrim (think he was intrested back in Spring Break) and started a game on my PS3. Now he has his own PS3 and a copy of it, and I think he got a copy or two of some of my other games. Haven't been home since Labor Day to really see how much and what he plays (though, he does play Skyrim often enough).

My mom thinks video games are evil, so... Yeah. xD

But my dad, well, he doesn't play them a whole lot, but he's played some "fake" (I don't agree with that, I'm just saying what most of you would probably say :P) games, like Wii Sports Resort. He got roped into playing some New Super Mario Bros. Wii, also. Other than that, it's basically just stuff like Temple run, Fruit Ninja, and card games when nobody's around to play cards. :D But he doesn't play those all that often. He just has them on his iPad because I made him get them. xD

• Brohoof 1

This has happened with my dad a few times. I remember he used to play Mario kart double dash with me on GameCube, and when video rental stores were still around, my dad rented out the original Call of Duty!

MY dad used to be a huge fan of any RTS games, but he has stopped that, however he hoards console games and says he'll play them during his retirement, which in my oppinion is never going to happen if he's anythign like his father, which he is.

• Brohoof 1

My dad was the one who taught me how to play when I was little. Between he and I, the house was always full of games.

His job doesn't allow for him to game much these days, but he's beyond stoked for Halo 4 and still loves to play Forza, not to mention the older classics like Shining Force and Streets of Rage.

He will also kick my ass at F-Zero X at the drop of a hat.

My dad was born in the early 1960's so unfortunately he only grew up with the Atari age of gaming and played games like Pong, Centipede, and Space Invaders. He has virtually ZERO interest in today's video games and thinks they are a big fat waste of time.

He didn't really care what kind of games I got though. I'm thinking he just got me the games just so I would shut up about talking gaming with him lol.

Ehhhh, my parents don't really like video games, and neither are they open to even try them.

They have this great prejudice, that I don't really agree with, that video games will destroy your brain, or alter your thoughts, or make you actually want to shoot someone in real life. The list goes on with what they think video games will do to you, but for some reason I can understand why they feel that way. I've found that it is hard to agree with any thing, especially when you don't understand it or have minimal understanding of certain things. So, I can see where my parents may not understand what video games are, or how the provide entertainment the way it does, mainly because they've never really gone very in depth with gaming.

But then again, every so often my father gets a bit soft and tries video game. (But still my mother is not up for debate on gaming, because she hasn't touched a game in her life.)

I learned about video games through my dad. When I was a kid I'd always watch him play Dino Crisis, Resident Evil, the original Call of Duty, Medal of Honor, and all sorts other games. I remember us playing Crash Bandicoot together and leaving the Playstation on for weeks on end because we didn't have the memory card :P. He really only plays first person shooters, mostly Call of Duty, with some exceptions like God of War.

My mom on the other hand is clueless video games. :lol:

On a related note, my grandmother was as much of an avid gamer as I am, and she's the one who introduced me to Final Fantasy and other RPGs.

My parents used to play video games. Needless to say new consoles were rather easy to procure. Nowadays, only the old man plays them for the most part while mum plays facebook games. He likes CoD though cause that's what all of his friends play. Hopefully SS3 will hit the PS3 so I can get him a real FPS.

My dad comes in my room sometimes at 4 a.m. when he wakes up for work to come take the Xbox from my room to play NCAA Football 2013 as well as Civilization Revolution. He’s not really a big gamer but he plays a lot of freaking football. Haha

I haven't seen my parents play any recent games but they used to own Donkey Kong Country. They literally would play at night when my brothers and I went to bed. Usually we were better at video games than them but if we needed help in a level of that game we had to bow down to their greatness. It was actually pretty cool. I think they could be good at more recent games but between me and my four brothers two of us are out of the house and the other three are teenagers who would just soon never see their parents than play a video game with them haha :).

My dad played Command and Conquer back in the day he got Red Alert 3 but he couldn't stand all changes in gameplay so now he just plays Civilization V on computer.

My dad and I have a bit of a "rivalry"...he's a PlayStation gamer and I'm an xbox 360 & Wii. I'm trying to get him to try out the xbox but he thinks the controls are super hard to get used to, and the games like Mass Effect and Call of Duty are hard to beat. He just...needs more patience and skill to play them I guess!

In the meantime, my dad only plays sports games like soccer and American football, pretty much.

My dad used to play allot of RTS games when I was little now he just pays facebook games.

my step dad plays Fifa allot with my little brother.

My mom thinks games are a waste if time..

My Dad used to play some old school arcade games like Pacman and my Mom does play some Facebook games but I don't really count that. If I ever have kids which I think is fairly likely I could easily see me playing with them, I have been a gamer for a long time and I don't think I will stop any time soon.