Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Parents playing video games?

Cherry Blossom

I used to get my dad to play Starwars battlefront 2 with me, it was quite entertaining watching him totally get lost in where he was. I seriously don't think he can grasp the concept of where he is even when the screen is centered on him at all times...

Needless to say he sucked for the most part, my mom and dad used to play Mario party with us, and they where Ok at that I guess. Haven't had them play in a very long time. Although my mom used to be hooked on facebook games, then she quit and hasn't played them in like 2 years now. but those games aren't really skill games at all :P.

My brother plays games, but obviously that doesn't count as a parent. My parents are to old to have the reaction time to play video games I guess. :P

I should've mentioned that before my folks moved to Denmark, my dad played Grand Tourismo 5 on the PS3, then they moved and found out about the whole region thing... Funny thing is, my folks were out once and their apartment got broken into (well ok that's not funny, but the funny thing is, is that the only thing that was stolen was the PS3, The guy who stole it would have found out that games from Denmark or anywhere near else, would not work ha!)

I don't like two worlds, to me it was just a poorly done game that is too similar to Gothic, the whole olde english thing didn't work either, they had no idea what they were doing, olde english only works when you do it well

• 10 years later...

Last game I saw my mom play was Beat Saber. In the past though she's played wii sports, various mario party games, and told some passing stories of her going to friends houses when she was a kid in the 80s and 90s to play Atari and Nintendo classics.

And modern arcade games too, she likes Dance Dance Revolution the most.

My whole family likes games. My mother liked to play Mario Kart: Double Dash, especially in the two-player mode. Also platformers and simple mobile games. And my father enjoyed racing games (but for him, Mario Kart was an exception because it wasn't purely about driving). :D

• Brohoof 1

I can't even imagine my parents playing video games. My dad hates them as much as I do, and the last time my mom saw a video game on my TV, she asked "What movie is this?" The whole concept is foreign to her. 

• Hugs 1

• 9 months later...
2 hours ago, ZiggWheelsManning said:

We're all attached to things of our own generation @Dreambiscuit:love:  

Video games are pert of my generation but I never got attached to them. They're more like a fungus that gets attached to me:Posey-grimace:

• Hugs 1

43 minutes ago, Dreambiscuit said:

Video games are pert of my generation but I never got attached to them. They're more like a fungus that gets attached to me:Posey-grimace:

We're from the same generation, Dreamy. :rarity:

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

My dad in fact was who pulled me initially into video games along with cousin. 

When I was a very small child we were playing on this ancient console

Spoiler

STARA KONSOLA PEGASUS - NIETESTOWANA - 7024653084 - oficjalne archiwum  Allegro

I don't even know what it's called tbh, but now when I look at it, it looks like undignified :| face xD

And we mostly played games like Super Mario Bros (or the bootleg of it? Back then piracy was a common thing in Poland so I can't even say for certain), Indiana Jones, some Tom & Jerry game and many more that I cannot remember.

Then when we got PC he LOVED shooters (I hated them myself around the time) and played games like Soldier of Fortune or Medal of Honor. He also enjoyed games like Tomb Raider for example. Eventually he dropped form gaming as he found modern games too "complicated" for him (that happened around the time when even shooters started incorporating relatively open worlds and progression systems, he just wanted to be given a gun and pointed a direction in which to shoot :laugh:). So he stopped playing at all for many years. 

Now it changed, however as he's on a very long health leave (he's been on it for a year already and it's likely to be extended) so he got his hands on my "old" gaming PC (very decent one, it just won't run any brand new games properly). He's mostly playing "older" games however, currently playing first Far Cry game. Sometimes he harasses me to beat some levels for him :laugh:

And mom? Mom steals PC from him a lot as when she discovered his Max Payne 3 game, she started spending a lot of hours in it. Same applies to F.E.A.R. 

Overall, I have 2 avid gamers growing over here :fluttershy:

• Hugs 1