Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Pitching an idea.

Writer

You are given the chance to pitch an idea to X-co. This company produces everything from hit TV shows to blockbusting movies.

This is your only chance to impress them with your new idea and possibly when it big. What's your great idea? Be sure to explain what it's about.

(Movies and TV shows)

Here's to hoping it goes well.

What about an idea for a movie, where a film producer signs up to internet forums in an attempt to steal the ideas people post in Movie Idea threads?

• Brohoof 5

What about an idea for a movie, where a film producer signs up to internet forums in an attempt to steal the ideas people post in Movie Idea threads?

And the twist could be that he uses a bunch of ideas, makes a film and it turns out to be a massive flop

- insert moral here -

• Brohoof 1

And the twist could be that he uses a bunch of ideas, makes a film and it turns out to be a massive flop

- insert moral here -

Oddly enough that reminds me of the movie The Producers. Weird, isn't it?

But while we're at it, why don't we have a sarcastic jerk named... oh... MrMeep, or something, make stupid accusations that neither make sense nor are funny.

- insert moral here -

I suppose there wouldn't really be a moral, more a realisation. The realisation that hollywood has been pretty terrible the past few years. There have been one or two decent films, but there have been SO MANY FLOPS.

I can think of Lorax and Top Cat as two examples off the top of my head, but I know there are lots more. They seem to put so little effort into films, I mean.. even those two films I mentioned aren't original ideas. On top of that, they, like most other films, are terribly written and unfunny.

Then hollywood just screams "GUIZ PIRACY IS KILLIN AUR BUZINESZ" when the films don't sell well. No, if you create a terrible product, nobody will want it. Stop avoiding responsibility.

AKDHLALKFHAKLH Hollywood rant over.

Oddly enough that reminds me of the movie The Producers. Weird, isn't it?

But while we're at it, why don't we have a sarcastic jerk named... oh... MrMeep, or something, make stupid accusations that neither make sense nor are funny.

Excuse me, it would appear you are mad? Nice to know you got my name correct, although you must have understood my post correctly to know I was making an accusation, so it obviously did make sense =D

• Brohoof 3

so wait is this just for laughs? or is this for real, i dont see why there is an argument here...so yeah

Originally, yes, it was a genuine question. Feel free to answer, so long as you don't act like a jerk about it.

A Sitcom about astronauts in their daily lives in the 24 month transit between Earth and the colony on Saturn's moon Titan, so it's a show about nothing, except it's also Hard Science Fiction. It also has musical numbers in some episodes.

Seinfeld+2001 A Space Odyssey+Gilbert & Sullivan

In the immortal words of Douglas Adams: "What could possibly go wrong?"

Edited by Blue
  • Brohoof 1

A Sitcom about astronauts in their daily lives in the 24 month transit between Earth and the colony on Saturn's moon Titan, so it's a show about nothing, except it's also Hard Science Fiction. It also has musical numbers in some episodes.

Seinfeld+2001 A Space Odyssey+Gilbert & Sullivan

In the immortal words of Douglas Adams: "What could possibly go wrong?"

I would totally watch that.

I would pitch a movie called Explosions. It would just be tons of explosions. Random things blowing up, people fleeing, cars crashing (and subsequently exploding), just tons of stuff like that.

Now, I know what you're thinking. "Hell yeah, just throw a few million dollars at Michael Bay and we won't even have to hire a script writer."

Except it's not directed by Michael Bay. In fact, he isn't involved in the movie. It's actually directed by...

M. Knight Shyamalan

So halfway through the explosions, it's revealed that it's actually a little girl in the future blowing bubbles through a rift in space-time, but half way there, they're intercepted by demons who turn them into huge bombs. Oh, and the last person left alive is the great great great grandmother of the little girl.

BUT WAIT!

THAT women is the sister of the dead girl in Sixth Sense! And her husband is that kid who Bruce Willis saved near the end of Unbreakable!

WHAT A TWIST!

BUT WAIT! THERE'S MORE!

Some dude in the modern, explosion filled times (who survived (what a twist) and is actually the son of some people who escaped from The Village (what a twist)), foretells the coming of the Avatar!

But then there's an explosion so powerful that it breaks the fourth wall!

The characters receive news that M. Knight has lost the rights to Avatar because he fucked it up so horribly, so the Avatar is not coming!

They also learn that the demons turning the bubbles into bombs ARE ACTUALLY MR. GLASS, who is once again trying to force Bruce Willis to acknowledge that he is a super hero! So Bruce does, and decks him in the face, and the explosions stop.

But it doesn't matter BECAUSE BRUCE WILLIS IS DEAD!

And then Johnny Depp shows up and we find out that it's actually a Tim Burton movie.

Edited by Evilshy and His Own Ego
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...