Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general media Favorite Creepypastas?

Derpy Whooves

As recollections of the show are traded back and forth, it becomes clear that beneath the show's cutesy and disarmingly low-budget appearance is something dark and disturbing, and by the end, it's implied that the show is something much more sinister than a half-remembered childhood memory...

• Brohoof 7

So ur wid yo honi and ur makin out wen the phone ringz. U ansr it n da voice sayz "wut r u doin wit ma daughter?" u tell ur girl n she say "ma dad is ded."

THEN WHO WAS PHONE?

In all seriousness though, I've read so many creepypastas the number is hard to tally. Those that strike me as two of the most chilling are Squidward's Suicide and suicidemouse.avi.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyVuXp2E6KE

I'm not sure why. Perhaps it's the thought of things regarded as pure and innocent concealing gruesome secrets from the past that makes them so disturbing to me. ...Oh, and the writing in those two stories is good.

There are more out there that are better written, and more unnerving. Plenty of which have caused me to lose sleep from the severe paranoia they provided, but I'm currently too drowsy to remember any of their names.

• Brohoof 2

All creepy pastas are evil =<

I personnaly don't see whats so fun about scaring yourself sh*tless.

And your looking at a guy that's never seen a single horror movie, let alone a creepy pasta.

so... point being, you don't like horror at all?

people enjoy the thrill of being scared, and delving into harmless, innocent subjects, and crank up the srs level to a disturbing level, most of the times very disgustingly so. humanity have always found thrill and excitement in making up stories to scare each other shitless. the disturbing level might come afterwards and haunt you, but the sheer thrill of being subjected to it is what makes it so fun for most people.

why do you think people make up ghost stories to tell each other? because it's fun to do so! as a wise pony once said: scary, but fun! it's fun to get a little scare every now and then. spices up things a bit from the usual everyday formula in one's life and adds a bit of variety to your ways of thinking for a while.

speaking of creepypastas, does Cupcakes count? it's certainly on the level of a creepypasta by now, at least.

as for me, i liked the story about Ben a lot. it's very well put together, and one story i simply won't forget in the last place. plus, gasp, it actually has a decent ending to it!

• Brohoof 2

teh day of all teh bl00d

ahem

THIS IS THE STORY OF A DAY WHERE THERE WAS ALL THIS BLOOD. A MAN WAS WALKING AROUND AND BLOOD STARTED COMING OUT OF HIM EVERYWHERE. THERE WAS SO MUCH BLOOD THAT IT FILLED UP AN ELEVATOR. HE WENT TO THE STORE AND THERE WAS JUST BLOOD ALL OVER THE PLACE! PEOPLE WERE SLIPPING IN IT AND THEY WERE ALL GROSSED OUT. HE TRIED TO GO SWIMMING AND ALL OF THE SHARKS WENT NUTS AND BITTENED EVERYBODY. HE GOT CHASED BY ALL THE VAMPIRES EVER. ONE TIME THE BLOOD GOT A KID AND A DOG. AT THE END OF THE DAY EVERYONE DECIDED THEY WOULD SEND HIM TO SPACE SO THAT HE WOULD STOP GETTING BLOOD EVERY WHERE. THE SCARIEST PART IS THAT THE MAN WAS YOU!!! (OR HE WAS A LADY IF YOU ARE A LADY) AND YOU FORGOT THAT THIS HAPPENED.

Can I post horror shorts in here?

You should. I would love to read some I haven't yet!

speaking of creepypastas, does Cupcakes count?

Cupcakes can't truly be defined as creepypasta. It's just a direct gorefest. The story makes my stomach churn, but it isn't particularly eerie.

Slenderman got really old for me after a while. I used to keep up with the 'big' three (Marble Hornets, EverymanHYBRID and TribeTwelve), but I've since gotten bored of all of them. The mythos is pretty neat but overall it no longer appeals to me.

When I was on my creepypasta kick I came across a blog called Saya in Underworld, which is chock full of creepy stories, videos, audio tracks etc. from Japan. Word of warning though (and even Saya posts something to this effect on her blog), it's not for the faint of heart or, in some cases, the weak of stomach.

Edited by CadenceAndCascade

One good one here but video quality is bad

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UY5lIjhLAJM

A shorter one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4OsEMoSQss

When I was on my creepypasta kick I came across a blog called Saya in Underworld, which is chock full of creepy stories, videos, audio tracks etc. from Japan. Word of warning though (and even Saya posts something to this effect on her blog), it's not for the faint of heart or, in some cases, the weak of stomach.

Checked it out. Some of the stories are pretty good

My two favorites (The Haunted Cartridge and Candle Cove) have already been posted, but here are links to the complete versions of both of them.

The former is simply genius in the way that the text is complemented by the videos. The latter isn't extremely scary, but it's certainly chilling if you remember watching strange cartoons at odd hours when you were a kid

Edited by Pony Joe

....h-h-hoh god why...the screaming, why won't it stop.

As recollections of the show are traded back and forth, it becomes clear that beneath the show's cutesy and disarmingly low-budget appearance is something dark and disturbing, and by the end, it's implied that the show is something much more sinister than a half-remembered childhood memory...

I loved "Candle Cove", purely for how subtle it was. Ben Drowned is an awesome one too, and also the only Creepypasta that gave me not one but TWO nightmares.

There is another one I haven't seen anyone note yet. Godzilla NES.

As a gamer, I am IMMENSELY disturbed by it, very much so for the warped-as-hell screenshots made throughout. It's also very weird that it's a creepypasta about a Godzilla game, that has NOTHING TO DO WITH GODZILLA.

Seriously have a read, it's amazing.

But remember...when you see red...

Posted Image

Edited by FinalGamer

I love creepypastas even though I usually end up watching my back for a while after reading them! :P

My newest favorite that I think is one of the more unique creepypastas: The Russian Sleep Experiment...

Posted Image

It is quite a long read, but if you haven't seen it yet it is definitaly worth looking at! It isn't really all that scary, but the level of mind-fff it can cause once you start to think about it is awesome! :D

Link to the Russian Sleep Experiment

I don't really know if this counts as a creepy-pasta, but I did really like The Story of the Blank Flanks. Definitaly a must play game!

Posted Image

Link to the Story of the Blank Flanks game