Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general media Favorite Creepypastas?

Derpy Whooves

if used right, gore/torture can be generally scary, but too often it's LOOK AT ALL THIS BLOOD AND GUTS ARE YOU SCARED GALLONS AND GALLONS OF IT

As for MLP, for some reason I absolutely love when MLP is put into a horror situation, but that's just me.

My favorite creepypasta is http://creepypasta.w...ki/The_Intruder

I really hate the humiliating aspect of torture. For example the scene in "Inglorious Bastards" where the German is smashed with a baseball bat after talking about bravery. I normally like Tarantino but this scene was really disgusting in my eyes and made me hate the protagonists for the rest of the film.

Good death scenes can include a bit of gore, no doubt. John Marston for example. In this case I think the gore is used to tell the players "John is Dead. Period". He/she won't even think about "Maybe he has got away and just faked his death" and will be sad that John died. Nevertheless John kept his dignity.

This dignity IS very important when it comes to dying protagonists. Your Dad in FO3 could have been exploded and it would have been nowhere as shocking/moving as his actual death.

Death is needed on certain occasions to help with the story(and I've also read fanfics where a manepony died) but in my opinion it has to be shocking in a sad way and not in a disgusting way. And I still like the peaceful MLP stories more, because war and violence just feels out of place in Equestria. Mystery not that much, because you have legendery creatures, a haunted forest, etc...

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I could swear I've seen a creepypasta thread before. Yes, I'm certain... oh well, who cares? It's probably dead anyway, I love me some creepypasta, I sadly hardly ever get scared by them though. I love scary stories.

Edited by Chill Mists (Chilly)

I don't like scary/creepy stuff at all. I get scared really easily, and after reading or seeing creepy stuff I'll have nightmares for a week. Heck, I've never played Amnesia past the first ten minutes, I'm just too scared and cowardice. ;_;

This one's pretty creepy in the psychological aspect, though it's not necessarily that scary.

OOH!

I remember that one

Happy Appy Scared the Crap Out of Me... And I had Nightmares for a Week about Squidwards Suicide... I'm attracted awkwardly to Lost Episode Creepypastas... WHY?!

Most of these creepypastas attempt to be realistic until you realize that most of the horrorific beings/occurences cannot possibly have any survivors or witnesses... So realistically, there are two options:

The creature is the one posting the story, in which case this is a good thing because its not out murdering people

Story is not believable

What about the aforementioned creepypasta, "Psychosis"?

Well I did say Most. I should've said the ones directly related to over-the-top-deaths.

I love creepypasta... I hate VIDEOS on creepypasta...

MrCreepyPasta videos are the only creepypasta videos I watch.

Well I did say Most. I should've said the ones directly related to over-the-top-deaths.

Good point, you did say most.

They're never really scary. They are always over-the-top with gore and description that;s supposed to be scary and the possibility of anything in a creepypasta is so close to zero, it's not scary. I am yet to read one that actually makes my neck tingle, that makes me afraid to sleep, that makes me look behind me every 5 seconds from being paranoid. Oh wait, I'm always like that :P

DON'T GET ME STARTED.

Some of my favorites would have to be The Haunted Cartridge, Eraser (despite the mistakes), The Russian Sleep Experiment, and Midnight City (a crappy one which I wrote).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello, @@HecateSix, just passing by to inform you I've merged your thread with an already existing one on the same topic. Never forget about the site's handy search function to double check if threads already exist or not. Thanks!

• Brohoof 1

Can not for the life of me remember the name of it, but it was about the "haunted" children's show. Where kids would watch static on the tv and hear screams, but the parents saw/heard nothing. Wish I could remember the name of it. There are fan videos on YouTube. Also love Slenderman and The Rake.

I have two. 1.BEN 2.Tails Doll, But what i like about Ben's creepypasta (drowned, Haunted Majora's Mask, etc) is that it is focused to one of my favourite characters! The Happy Mask Salesman! He's so mysterious and I feel kind of identified with him!

Posted Image

And of course Tails Doll, at first it really scared me! but now I think it is even more mysterious!

Posted Image

• 6 months later...

My friend has made me petrified of herobrine on minecraft

i know he doesnt exist but i still NEVER go into a mine with tiny render distance (So its a good thing that i have a powerful computer then :D)

So thank you minecraft username: Elmodude99