Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general media Favorite Creepypastas?

Derpy Whooves

I love the Ben Drowned (Haunted Majora's Mask Cartridge) creepypasta. It's a little bit on the longer side but a good creepypasta notheless.

Definitely a classic especially if you do listen to a track of the song of healing played backwards. It really is as creepy and chilling as described played in reverse.

Jeff the Killer. Jeff is definitely my favorite...why?

It's obviously not the most well written, it's not even scary, but I just love it.

It has to do with Jeff's backstory, but I mainly love his design. Plus, his catchphrase, "Go to sleep," isn't too bad either.

Certainly the internet loves the phrase as much as you do see it popping up still to this day :P

I don't really know to be honest, I mean...I don't care much for CreepyPasta.

I suppose the only one I can remember of the top of my head that i've actually listened to or read would have to be SmileDog. 

So...that one. It's the only one I can remember, so it must have had some sort of lasting appeal. 

That's fair enough they generally are something you enjoy or hate but it does tend to vary, I just got through reading that one its not bad haha

I'm not much of a Minecraft player, but I really like 'Herobrine'.

It's not really that scary, I just like how short and how very little information it gives about the mysterious Minecraft 'player'.

There are hints, but it's not definite.

It's just the mystery of it that makes it stand out for me.

True and I remember reading in the patchnotes "herobrine removed" so Im curious if that was just the devs getting in on the joke or they actually removed him as an NPC from the game but now there are mods that add him in so the impact is sorta watered down.

The House That Death Forgot, it might be a scary creepy pasta to a lot of people but I don't think that it is really that scary at all.

Don't think I've read that one yet might check it out :)

Edited by QuirkyUsername
  • Brohoof 2

Squidward's suicide was the best creepypasta I've ever read. By that, I mean it's one of the few that was actually kind of painful to read. It is also not too unrealistic to imagine something like that happening at an animation studio. It was deeply unsettling, but that's why it has to be my "favourite."

Edited by Celtore
  • Brohoof 3

Mine would be Suicide Mouse or Sonic.exe both are pretty interesting to read. And both have games featured for them. I've yet to play those games though.

The SCP Foundation

Definitely one of the most fascinating and elaborate creepypasta series out there. For those who don't know, the the SCP Foundation ("Special Containment Procedures") is a fictional secret organisation that catalogues, contains and covers up unexplained and/or dangerous paranormal creatures, objects or other entities.

The website is a database of their discoveries. It's all written in a very professional and clinical way, with some information classified and censored. Some of the things in there are just plain weird, and some of them are seriously creepy or even nighmarish.

• Brohoof 2

Squidward's suicide was the best creepypasta I've ever read. By that, I mean it's one of the few that was actually kind of painful to read. It is also not too unrealistic to imagine something like that happening at an animation studio.

True but some of the visuals described with the kids in the video were......Unsettling personally to say the least, that one sat with me for a while.

Mine would be Suicide Mouse or Sonic.exe both are pretty interesting to read. And both have games featured for them. I've yet to play those games though.

Sonic.exe is a good gaming one and I can't remember where but I'm pretty sure I've seen footage someone's made for that one. now that's some dedication.

i think my favorite creepy pasta is jeff the killer its just kidna cool i guess? i dont know :3 there a few fan art of him which looks cool 

two for two with jeff the killer XD nice choice and grim dark fanart is always the way to go :P

The SCP Foundation

Definitely one of the most fascinating and elaborate creepypasta series out there. For those who don't know, the the SCP Foundation ("Special Containment Procedures") is a fictional secret organisation that catalogues, contains and covers up unexplained and/or dangerous paranormal creatures, objects or other entities.

The website is a database of their discoveries. It's all written in a very professional and clinical way, with some information classified and censored. Some of the things in there are just plain weird, and some of them are seriously creepy or even nighmarish.

Waiting for this to come up :) fantastic I remember reading about crabs in the scp foundation which made me think it was gonna be stupid but its actually fantastically written and surpassed my expectations. It was about crabs :s how do you make crabs creepypasta-like.

The best creepypasta of all time is the Pokemon Lavender Town Syndrome one. I remember playing Pokemon Red, Green and Blue as a kid so reading this when I grew up made it seem all the more... Creepy.

http://creepypasta.wikia.com/wiki/Lavender_Town_Syndrome

http://pastebin.com/f71e6728f

Yet another I haven't yet read :) thanks for the links I'll get right on those ^_^
Edited by QuirkyUsername
  • Brohoof 1

This is probably the scariest Creepypasta I've ever read. It gave me nightmare's for 3 days straight, it's that scary. I've posted it in the spoiler below, but read at your own risk, and don't say I didn't warn you.

THIS IS THE STORY OF A DAY WHERE THERE WAS ALL THIS BLOOD. A MAN WAS WALKING AROUND AND BLOOD STARTED COMING OUT OF HIM EVERYWHERE. THERE WAS SO MUCH BLOOD THAT IT FILLED UP AN ELEVATOR. HE WENT TO THE STORE AND THERE WAS JUST BLOOD ALL OVER THE PLACE! PEOPLE WERE SLIPPING IN IT AND THEY WERE ALL GROSSED OUT. HE TRIED TO GO SWIMMING AND ALL OF THE SHARKS WENT NUTS AND BITTENED EVERYBODY. HE GOT CHASED BY ALL THE VAMPIRES EVER. ONE TIME THE BLOOD GOT A KID AND A DOG. AT THE END OF THE DAY EVERYONE DECIDED THEY WOULD SEND HIM TO SPACE SO THAT HE WOULD STOP GETTING BLOOD EVERY WHERE. THE SCARIEST PART IS THAT THE MAN WAS YOU!!! (OR HE WAS A LADY IF YOU ARE A LADY) AND YOU FORGOT THAT THIS HAPPENED.

The best creepypasta of all time is the Pokemon Lavender Town Syndrome one. I remember playing Pokemon Red, Green and Blue as a kid so reading this when I grew up made it seem all the more... Creepy.

http://creepypasta.wikia.com/wiki/Lavender_Town_Syndrome

http://pastebin.com/f71e6728f

• Brohoof 6

This is probably the scariest Creepypasta I've ever read. It gave me nightmare's for 3 days straight, it's that scary. I've posted it in the spoiler below, but read at your own risk, and don't say I didn't warn you.

THIS IS THE STORY OF A DAY WHERE THERE WAS ALL THIS BLOOD. A MAN WAS WALKING AROUND AND BLOOD STARTED COMING OUT OF HIM EVERYWHERE. THERE WAS SO MUCH BLOOD THAT IT FILLED UP AN ELEVATOR. HE WENT TO THE STORE AND THERE WAS JUST BLOOD ALL OVER THE PLACE! PEOPLE WERE SLIPPING IN IT AND THEY WERE ALL GROSSED OUT. HE TRIED TO GO SWIMMING AND ALL OF THE SHARKS WENT NUTS AND BITTENED EVERYBODY. HE GOT CHASED BY ALL THE VAMPIRES EVER. ONE TIME THE BLOOD GOT A KID AND A DOG. AT THE END OF THE DAY EVERYONE DECIDED THEY WOULD SEND HIM TO SPACE SO THAT HE WOULD STOP GETTING BLOOD EVERY WHERE. THE SCARIEST PART IS THAT THE MAN WAS YOU!!! (OR HE WAS A LADY IF YOU ARE A LADY) AND YOU FORGOT THAT THIS HAPPENED.

How could you? HOW COULD YOU SPESS?! I don't think I'll ever live down the story of the day there was all the blood. this is just man door hand hook car door all over again. I trusted you man

• Brohoof 3

How could you? HOW COULD YOU SPESS?! I don't think I'll ever live down the story of the day there was all the blood. this is just man door hand hook car door all over again. I trusted you man

I put it in spoilers and everything! I warned you man! I warned you 'bout the blood, but no one listens to crazy old Spess!

No oooooone!

• Brohoof 2

I put it in spoilers and everything! I warned you man! I warned you 'bout the blood, but no one listens to crazy old Spess!

No oooooone!

Your right spess. I'm sorry, you tried to warn us. I'll just have to try and live with this error in judgement with the sheer horror of that story

• Brohoof 2

tumblr_lv4owhkyVz1qbsbdjo1_500.jpg

This is by far the scariest creepypasta. I feel bad for even posting it because some of you might be too terrified. 

But seriously, Smile.jpg is probably my favourite. It's really well written and had me dreading the ending where he would inevitably post the picture.

• Brohoof 6

tumblr_lv4owhkyVz1qbsbdjo1_500.jpg

This is by far the scariest creepypasta. I feel bad for even posting it because some of you might be too terrified. 

But seriously, Smile.jpg is probably my favourite. It's really well written and had me dreading the ending where he would inevitably post the picture.

Not gonna lie nearly wet myself laughing it this, totally a new one I haven't seen before ^_^ Indeed who was phone. Smile was a good one too, I thought it was a little predictable he would post it but certainly redeemed it with the sign off VERY impressed by that one

• Brohoof 1

There are so many, Ben drowned and Lavender Town syndrome are classics but my personal favorite is the Puppet Masters Regime and The Theater! To me the creepiest are the ritual ones like how to play hide and seek in the dark, lightless city, and the three kings ritual. But the best is puppet masters regime in my opinion read it and it totally fools you same as The Theater...actually read them both...you can tell i like creepypasta's XD

The Story of Her Holding an Orange

Boy is this one freaky. Not only is it very well written but it's actually believable. I actually believe this may have happened and that's what I want out of a creepypasta. The ending sucks really badly but the rest was so good I just couldn't help but put it at #1

It is in 6 parts. Here is the link to part 1

http://www.creepypasta.com/the-story-of-her-holding-an-orange-part-one/

Honorable Mentions!

Knob.exe

Rainbow Factory

Lavender Town Syndrome

Ben

There are so many, Ben drowned and Lavender Town syndrome are classics but my personal favorite is the Puppet Masters Regime and The Theater! To me the creepiest are the ritual ones like how to play hide and seek in the dark, lightless city, and the three kings ritual. But the best is puppet masters regime in my opinion read it and it totally fools you same as The Theater...actually read them both...you can tell i like creepypasta's XD

wow a nice extensive list you have there :3 more to add to the "need to read" list haha cheers for those ^_^

The only creepy pastas I really like are Tails Doll (because he is awesome) and Ben Drowned. Jesus Ben Drowned was so freaky and terrifying. I also really liked when YuriofWind was telling the story he is really good. :3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvaKRd4UFmc

there's quite a few that are decent at reading them I can't remember his name but there's a fella on youtube who reads tonnes of them but stuffs up reading every now and then :\ really kills the immersion. I didn't really like Tails doll the ending was really dumb in my opinion, alright build up though considering how horrible some can be.

The Story of Her Holding an Orange

Boy is this one freaky. Not only is it very well written but it's actually believable. I actually believe this may have happened and that's what I want out of a creepypasta. The ending sucks really badly but the rest was so good I just couldn't help but put it at #1

It is in 6 parts. Here is the link to part 1

http://www.creepypasta.com/the-story-of-her-holding-an-orange-part-one/

Honorable Mentions!

Knob.exe

Rainbow Factory

Lavender Town Syndrome

Ben

Ok you've really piqued my interest there :P I MUST READ, Knob.exe that one sounds really familiar :s
Edited by QuirkyUsername

Pokemon lost silver

Ben in Majora's mask

Sonic.exe

Lavender town Syndrome

Herobrine (my most favorite)

I love the hero brine story so much, I keep finding him in Minecraft. But failed

The others, I actually heard them by Yuriofwind and got interested

Man, they are like I can give a ceiling hoof to those stories

Edited by Lyeco
  • Brohoof 1

I am a particularly big fan of the Holder series since it makes the audience potentially interact so much in imagining everything that can play out.

Aside from that its hard to say but No End House one of my top favorite personal creepypastas. The story has a surprisingly simple, yet effective premise which haunts you long after you read it and the pacing of it is very well designed. Imagine going through a psychological maze where you are both physically and emotionally and psychologically trapped forever in a state of madness - that's what No End House is about.

Pokemon lost silver
Ben in Majora's mask
Sonic.exe
Lavender town Syndrome
Herobrine (my most favorite)

I love the hero brine story so much, I keep finding him in Minecraft. But failed

The others, I actually heard them by Yuriofwind and got interested

Man, they are like I can give a ceiling hoof to those stories

I always heard of "rituals" to summon herobrine when he was MASSIVE in popularity among players that always made it far more interesting if he was real that you literally had to summon him.

I am a particularly big fan of the Holder series since it makes the audience potentially interact so much in imagining everything that can play out.

Aside from that its hard to say but No End House one of my top favorite personal creepypastas. The story has a surprisingly simple, yet effective premise which haunts you long after you read it and the pacing of it is very well designed. Imagine going through a psychological maze where you are both physically and emotionally and psychologically trapped forever in a state of madness - that's what No End House is about.

You had my attention, now you have my interest. This one sounds fantastic :)

I like Pokemon and 'historical' based creepy pasta.One of the better written creepy pastas were:

Lady Cindy.

Its an interesting concept for a character lesser known. Its not as popular, but just as great.

I liked something similar suit but more aimed for Harvest Moon. I think its much more interesting putting a twist on real things that have been shown in the game.

Kagome Kagome was an entertaining one and apparently, its more based on what really happened back then, but more so.

Anyone hasn't read the Bong Chong Dong ghost comic yet this is a good one, I nearly wet myself haha its so well done just be warned if your a screamer. That's all I'll say XD

http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/detail.nhn?titleId=350217&no=31&weekday=tue

I like Pokemon and 'historical' based creepy pasta.One of the better written creepy pastas were:

Lady Cindy.

Its an interesting concept for a character lesser known. Its not as popular, but just as great.

I liked something similar suit but more aimed for Harvest Moon. I think its much more interesting putting a twist on real things that have been shown in the game.

Kagome Kagome was an entertaining one and apparently, its more based on what really happened back then, but more so.

True even if some of them are based on glitches that just makes it all the more chilling in game :P like i heard Drowned Ben was based on graphical glitches so after reading it my copy of Majora's started to glitch a little it wasn't "possessed" obviously but bloody hell did it add to the intensity

Anyone hasn't read the Bong Chong Dong ghost comic yet this is a good one, I nearly wet myself haha its so well done just be warned if your a screamer. That's all I'll say XD

http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/detail.nhn?titleId=350217&no=31&weekday=tue

True even if some of them are based on glitches that just makes it all the more chilling in game :P like i heard Drowned Ben was based on graphical glitches so after reading it my copy of Majora's started to glitch a little it wasn't "possessed" obviously but bloody hell did it add to the intensity

Some could play off whatever the game already set in stone. Its sad its something barely done. For example:

Pokemon X and Y have the feature to communicate in a way that involves in game work. (Some lines the player says)

One could reverse this way of thinking and play off towards the harder working trainers.

Its such a great concept. There are ways to spice them but the wayany people act in creepy pasta as gory gory.

Gary's Raticate and Blue's tears really meant something. Others have something on a deeper level that could be addressed like grave robbing.

Hell, even Cupcakes would have a better effect if Rainbow Factory was made first by the same person.It would make much more sense...

Some could play off whatever the game already set in stone. Its sad its something barely done. For example:

Pokemon X and Y have the feature to communicate in a way that involves in game work. (Some lines the player says)

One could reverse this way of thinking and play off towards the harder working trainers.

Its such a great concept. There are ways to spice them but the wayany people act in creepy pasta as gory gory.

Gary's Raticate and Blue's tears really meant something. Others have something on a deeper level that could be addressed like grave robbing.

Hell, even Cupcakes would have a better effect if Rainbow Factory was made first by the same person.It would make much more sense...

True gory ones can be good but unlike what the writers of saw will tell you, gore doesn't always instil a feeling of terror.

Not really the biggest fan of CreepyPasta. I don't really find them that creepy either, but I can say I have a favourite. It's obviously Funnymouth. (:

Nothing wrong with that ^_^ I might need to look into that one too, I remember the name but can't remember the story.