Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is wrong with you?

Coolius rpi

What's wrong with me? I'm autistic, socially awkward, I lack any real skills or talents, I'm depressed, I have anxiety disorder, I'm lazy as hell, and I'm not even the right gender. Among others. There are many other things wrong with me; those are just the most prominent.

I've never been formally diagnosed, but my mom is positive I have mild aspergers, which is probably true, but I think it's more likely I have social anxiety disorder.  Today I sat on the couch, trying to calm myself and coach myself, for about forty five minutes, before I made a phone call, and when I'm talking to people directly, I get so scared that I dig my nails into my wrist.  When I finally get out of there I look like I've been attacked by a cat.  I think I hide it well, though.  I'm fairly sure no one really knows how freaking lost I am in social situations, and I'm happy about that.

I dunno if it's necessarily something that's "wrong" with me, though.  I mean, who's to say what's "right" anyway?  Hard to see it like, that, though.

-- I have a heart condition (which is usually not life threatening) but makes it really scary to do some everyday things.

-- Other than that, I'm pretty sure I've got a normal body and mind.  I wasn't really too social in Highschool, but that's because I've been "bullied" since a young age so it made me distrust my peers to a certain degree.  That being said, I've since "opened myself up" in college and made plenty of awesome friends and met a bunch of really cool people from all walks of life.

-- I somewhat prefer to talk to people I don't know in groups versus one on one (unless it's a formal discussion).  It's not that it makes me all that nervous, it's just that I sometimes can't really find relevant things to talk about which can sometimes bring about "awkward silences."  It doesn't really matter though, because despite this semi-quirk I seem to pass that charisma threshold just enough to the point where people open themselves up to me, thus giving me an opportunity to create friendships.

--  I have periods of excessive fatigue which can interfere with my academia and social life.  It varies greatly in magnitude and time of occurrence however.  Sometimes I go weeks/months without it, sometimes it happens every few days.

--  I rage (outside of game) from League of Legends.

I have ADHD, Asthma, I had OCD at one point, I get headaches a lot (stinkin' headaches!), I worry about my health, I go through seizures when upset.... Minor stuff.

I've never been formally diagnosed, but my mom is positive I have mild aspergers, which is probably true, but I think it's more likely I have social anxiety disorder.  Today I sat on the couch, trying to calm myself and coach myself, for about forty five minutes, before I made a phone call, and when I'm talking to people directly, I get so scared that I dig my nails into my wrist.  When I finally get out of there I look like I've been attacked by a cat.  I think I hide it well, though.  I'm fairly sure no one really knows how freaking lost I am in social situations, and I'm happy about that.

I dunno if it's necessarily something that's "wrong" with me, though.  I mean, who's to say what's "right" anyway?  Hard to see it like, that, though.

I'm so sorry to hear that, Phoenix. That really sucks you have to go through that horrible mess. If you need anybody to talk to, feel free and talk to me.

The way I see it... Just about everything.

But the actual things that other people see as wrong, I have Aspergers (I think that's how you spell it) and Epilepsy...

Thankfully I haven't had a seizure in almost three years, so the epilepsy isn't too big of a problem anymore at least

Edited by The Blades Shadow

I'm so sorry to hear that, Phoenix. That really sucks you have to go through that horrible mess. If you need anybody to talk to, feel free and talk to me.

I don't really see it as a horrible mess.  It's a challenge, yes, but what's life without a little hell?  I can get through it just fine, and I'm proud that I'll never give in.  :)

Well, I don't think I have anything properly wrong with me disorder wise, but maybe a tiny bit of ocd. Im also nearsighted if that counts. I Don't exactly have any physical disabilities or anything, but I do have a few personality traits that can be considered wrong. I can be elitist at times, I can easily be a dick and give 0 fucks about it, im lazy as all get out, I procrastinate a lot, extremely crude and dark sense of humour, im too nonchalant to really care or at least show that I do, Im mildy becoming one to prefer staying away from most social interaction, and maybe like one or two other traits that I prolly shouldn't mention for reasons. C:

Edited by Haven

Let's see what I have:
ADHD: I have to take medication for it, or else I have hard time staying still, paying attention, and I just feel awful.

Asperger's Syndrome: Yes, I'm also autistic, but I've gotten a lot better at socializing over the years. :)
Type 1 Diabetes: This is something I recently got diagnosed with a few months ago, but yes, I'm diabetic. No, the injections don't hurt that much, and I'm not squeamish towards blood anymore.

Shyness towards girls: While this isn't quite a big deal anymore, I still get shy towards girls sometimes.

Spouts of depression: While I'm not diagnosed with depression, I do get down really easily sometimes.

ADHD, inattentive subtype, medicated. It's not funny and I don't think it makes me more creative.

Physically, I've also got myopia, acid reflux, and due to a certain set of circumstances when I was younger, one of my kidneys is a bit scarred. 

Funnily enough, though, I almost never get sick and otherwise have great health. I just have to take pills in the morning. No biggie!  :squee:

Edit: Oh, and I had to have speech therapy as a little kid. I still tend to run over my words when I'm flustered, but I'm better now. 

Edited by Stellafera
  • Brohoof 1

I have ADHD, and PTSD (post-traumatic stress disorder). The PTSD comes from being IN war zones- yes, I served in the military for over fourteen years, and I've been in many fire-fights...associated with my PTSD, is an combat adrenaline syndrome type depression (in other words, you could say I'm addicted to war/combat in my subconscious, to an extent that at times, I crave it like an addiction). However, sometimes, not very much anymore, I will see the faces of those I've had to cross paths with on the battlefield...not very fun, let me tell you.

• Brohoof 3

I have a lot of mental health issues...very severe depression, OCD, anxiety and PTSD. I used to be a social butterfly as a kid but now I am very reclusive and easily overwhelmed by pretty much everything. It makes it hard to get things done or be comfortable meeting new friends. I'm basically a chronic insomniac as well so that's totally unhelpful. I've been hospitalized for psychiatric issues multiple times. I try to deal with some of the symptoms by going to the gym a lot and working out (especially when it comes to sleep), but I still have to take over 20 pills a day. I really do feel like these are things "wrong" with me though and I wish I didn't have them.

Edited by Heliodor
  • Brohoof 1

Looking at what most others have posted here I guess I am very lucky.

Well, I don't have any social skills. (At least it could have been worse. xD)

Edited by A CrayZ Cat
  • Brohoof 1

I dont mean to be rude but wrong is a bad way to describe somebodies differences I had severe depression and anger issues when I was younger as I was always bullied for having a cleft lip whole in my top lip and i couldnt open my right eye but after a lot of ops when I turned 18 I gave up but nobody recognises my scars anymore. Id say that wasnt wrong as sometimesinfact nearly all the time such somcalled wrongsbare a key to us becoming greater people. My struggles have tought me understanding and compassion for others even if they dontshow it in turn among other lessons. Beauty can not be defined by appearance but by ones actions.

lets see nothing too bad compaired to the others

- I was suffering from depression but I got that under control

- I have asthma which is very annoying and I nearly died from asthma attacks several times

- I have a hard time trusting or believing anyone

- I have an anxiety attacks when I have a notification or a message here or anywhere

- I can't stand it when people look at me when I don't have a mask on

- oh but of course I'm very shy

What's wrong with me? That's the million dollar question, isn't it?

-I'm lazy.

-I'm prone to anger.

-I'm very chatty.

-I can get arrogant sometimes.

-I have a limp because part of my lower leg muscles were surgically removed.

• Brohoof 1

Agreed and I try trust me...

ofcourse and im glad even if you try younare still ten times stronger than these simple minded fools. None of us have anything wrongbwith us we just got given a bad hand thats all. Its how we manage that counts. Head up always.

• Brohoof 1