Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What makes where you live famous?

Lost

Pretty straight forward, what is famous about the village, town or city in-which you live?

As some places may not have a claim to fame, you can post one of a nearby place.

I'll start, i live in a city called Lincoln in england, and for a short time we had the world's tallest structure, the previous tallest structure were the pyramids. our cathedral held the record from 1311-1549:

Posted Image

During WW1 the first modern day tanks were designed and built in Lincoln:

Posted Image

We also have one of the oldest and well kept castles in the UK and we also hold an original copy of The Magna Carta.

Its a nice city to live in :)

Well there's... nothing absolutley nothing. I guess, if I had to say, the musical talent in our highschool. Oh and the football team. (not very proud of the football team though. I dislike football.)

Well there's... nothing absolutley nothing. I guess, if I had to say, the musical talent in our highschool. Oh and the football team. (not very proud of the football team though. I dislike football.)

To be fair, being from England does give me a slight advantage, we have a longer history than the USA and we're a much smaller country, its hard to be more than 100 miles from somewhere of some form of significance, be it modern of historical.

Well I live in a town that has like one of the longest lake names in the world.

Derp, my stupid town http://en.wikipedia....,_Massachusetts

'Dis lake name: Lake Chargoggagoggmanchauggagoggchaubunagungamaugg

Love the lake name :D

Springfield, Missouri, I guess is famous for being the jump-off point of Route 66, and apparently for inspiring many Westerns by being the site of one of the few recorded one-on-one quick-draw duels in a public place.

And Brad Pitt went to high school there....

Edited by JustFairness

My city is the home of the famous bull Starbuck (bull that you probably never heard of). He's one of the best bulls ever born and he had about 1 million babies all over the world. Before he died, they cloned him and Starbuck II was born. We're also famous for our festival named ''l'expo agricole de saint-hyacinthe'' translated to Saint-hyacinthe's agricultural exposition. My town is mostly famous for agriculture things.

Edited by notdog1996

Um... *looks up Wikipedia* Cranston was was ranked in the top 25 safest US cities by CQ Research? Cranston is the third most populated city in my state? I got nothing.

Um, lets see, there is the Liberty Bell. No not the Bell, but the fast food restaurant....

Um, no that does not make us famous at all.

How about that the film The Midnight Man was filmed a little here, no yeah got that from Wikipedia so not important.

How about that a majority of the major motion picture Chill Factor was filmed on location in Liberty(Where I live duh)... Yeah also taken from Wikipedia, don't blame me for using it.

Ok so no we are a no important tiny town in the top of South Carolina, and here is where I got all my information from...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liberty,_South_Carolina

See for yourself how unimportant we are!

Halifax is where the Recovery operations for the titanic were based from.

Its also where a majority of them are buried.

Posted Image

We also blew ourselves to bits in 1917.......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halifax_Explosion

Posted Image

Posted Image

Until the first nukes it was the largest explosion in recorded history.

Oh and our houses look sweeeeeeeet :wub:

Posted Image

• Brohoof 3

Oh and our houses look sweeeeeeeet :wub:

Posted Image

Quite an interesting history you have there :D

Those houses, i cant explain with words... perhaps this will do?:

post-7214-0-03080700-1344742818_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 1

Closest famous place I live is near Seattle (I live about an hour away) and that's famous for the Space Needle.

Fun fact about my hometown though: Auburn used to be called Slaughter before it's name was changed in 1893. It was named after Lt. William Slaughter who died in a skirmish. The main hotel in the town was called the Slaughter House. Fun, right? lmao

Oddly enough aside from a few gangster hangouts it's a fairly quiet town. Whenever you walk anywhere you're lucky to see even one or two people on the sidewalks. The streets usually have cars going down them but there's no one walking around usually, even on main roads.

Well in Florida We Have Universal, Disney World, and Sea World :D But I live close to The Everglades :3 (Down Below)

Posted Image

Edited by Jibus
  • Brohoof 1

John Dillinger robbed a bank here in my home town October 23 1933. I don't know why people kind of praise this man for his crimes but I guess that is what gangsters had back in the day that they are missing now. That would be class.

• Brohoof 1

Ooo, reading the Wikipedia page I learned a couple of other things.

You know how the Twilight books are based in Forks, Washington? Apparently an actor in the movie Twilight once lived here in Auburn.

The Governer of Washington was raised here.

Sir Mix-A-Lot started out here (not sure if anyone knows him, I only vaguely know the name)

D.C. Simpson, the artist behind the webcomic Ozy and Millie used to live here (or maybe she still does, I dunno)

And here's one some of you may even recognize: Dick Scobee, one of the astronauts on the failed Discovery shuttle, lived here briefly and we even have an elementary school named after him. (I used to attend Dick Scobee Elementary in second, third and fourth grades.)

"According" to wikipedia - Chattanooga, TN the town I live in is famous for...The official nickname for Chattanooga is the "Scenic City." Several unofficial nicknames include "River City", "Nooga", "Chattown", and "Gig City", demonstrating that Chattanooga currently has the fastest internet service in the Western Hemisphere. Rock City, Ruby Falls, & the Chattanooga Choo-Choo. * Don't know about that we have the "fastest" internet speed... But I'am quite ready to get out from this area :P!

Posted Image

- The Chattanooga Choo-Choo

Edited by GoneAirbourne

Well in Florida We Have Universal, Disney World, and Sea World :D But I live close to The Evergreens :3 (Down Below)

Posted Image

You're also forgetting Cape Canaveral, only the single most iconic spaceport in the world.

Posted Image

"

Maple Ridge is boring.