Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What makes where you live famous?

Lost

I live in the Island of Guam. and it's known for it's majestic beaches which attract a lot of tourists each year:

Posted Image

Guam also has two U.S military bases.

Let's see ... um... derp... *resorts to stalking Wikipedia*

The Washingtonian Center (aka Rio) is pretty popular, especially during the warmer months when the weather's real nice. NIST is headquartered in my town, the bassist from Hootie and the Blowfish was born here, and my town's the "fourth largest incorporated city" in my state. Oh, and it hosts an International Latitude Observatory, apparently only one of six in the world. :huh:

More stuff here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaithersburg,_md

*continues Wikipedia-stalking my town* Huh, apparently I live on the "east side". :)

Aleksis Kivi, a famous writer was born here in Nurmijärvi, back in 1834.

Although Kivi was among the very earliest authors of prose and lyrics in Finnish language, he is still considered one of the greatest of them all.

That's probably the only thing...

Hurricane Katrina, Super Bowl XLIV, Mardi Gras, gumbo, jambalia, we're the only state to have parishes, and the French Quarter, the list goes on. If you still don't know, I suggest you read this http://en.wikipedia....iki/New_Orleans And if you do know, I still suggest that you read it

Holy fuck, someone else who lives in New Orleans is on a forum I'm a member of

I never thought I'd see the day... I was about to come in here and post everything you just said (you spelled jambalaya wrong though)

Holy fuck, someone else who lives in New Orleans is on a forum I'm a member of

I never thought I'd see the day... I was about to come in here and post everything you just said (you spelled jambalaya wrong though)

Awesome! East bank or best bank?

Awesome! East bank or best bank?

Oh shit, are you a wanker?

Also, I don't actually live in the city of New Orleans (or in Orleans parish even), but I'm just so used to saying I live in New Orleans to people who aren't from here, since no one fucking knows what Metairie is

Oh shit, are you a wanker?

Also, I don't actually live in the city of New Orleans (or in Orleans parish even), but I'm just so used to saying I live in New Orleans to people who aren't from here, since no one fucking knows what Metairie is

Haha lol. Wuts Metairie XD

Nothing interesting ever happened in Williamstown :(

Though I'm not surprised. It is just some random small town in New Jersey.

Same state, same situation.

The only thing my town is famous for is having the Kinnelon Castle, also known as one of the many "haunted" places of NJ. It's not scary at all though and some old woman owns the property and gets mad if anyone but someone she knows goes in (My grandmother knows the woman, so I can go with ma friends) :3

• Brohoof 1

My County was ranked number 1 in America for the most meth labs/ meth use for 2005-2010 i believe. :blush: And we have a pretty high STD ranking so yeah my town sounds amazing dosen't it? "Sarcastic voice" But we did have Obama come in town for a speech.

Edited by bobthecableman

• 4 weeks later...

Well we award the Nobel Peace Price, Edvart Munch lived here in the most part of his life and we send big Christmas trees to London, New York, Washington D.C and Antwerp.

More if you want: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oslo

Big Christmas trees are always good, to be honest, i always wondered where those big trees came from, its not like we grow many big Christmas trees in the UK.

There's really nothing famous about my town. Unless you follow high school marching band national competitions, then you'd probably recognize the name... Probably.

I'm serious, not even wanting to flaunt that marching band, I seriously can't think of anything else that would put my town on the map. We just aren't really known for anything.

Hmmm... Frisco, TX...well I do know that the Shawnee Trail went right through the town, and so did the St. Louis- San Francisco Railway. We are also one of the fastest growing suburbs in the United States (the population went from 22k to 130k within the past 10 years). We have a minor league baseball, basketball, and hockey teams. We are also were the FC Dallas play ( MLS team). We have a really huge mall that is really well known around the DFW area. I always think that we have the best array of fast food burger joints in the world IMO (we have In-N-Out, Five Guys, Whataburger, Smash Buger, Steak-N-Sheak, JC's Burger House, plus all of the common burger places ). That's pretty much all I can think of..

Syracuse is notable for it's College Basketball and Lacrosse teams. Basketball Coach Jim Boeheim was an assistant coach for Team USA in the Olympics so we got pretty good coverage here when the actual college season happens.

We also are home to the Great NYS Fair, one of the biggest Fairs in the country, and also one of the oldest. A lot of people from around the world come to vendor their products.

Nothing at all, except for having some of the best food, which nobody knows because the town is obscure. The Pizza, Ice Cream, and French Fries here are the greatest! Honestly, since this is the first actual county thatmwas formed in the state that I live in, you would think that there would be a little more excitement!

Edited by Killman

Well I live in Philadelphia, the United States was born here. And in Germany I live in Krefeld, which is the city of Silk and textiles. They have some rather large castles nearby and it is only 10 km from Dusseldorf which was the British capitol of divided Germany, and has a rather famous Media Center.

There's nothing here in Saikai besides 2 bridges, but it's also where the takeoff code for the attack on pearl harbor was sent, I live quite near the radio towers used through out WW2 by the Imperial Japanese navy. It's also located between 2 famous cities, Sasebo (known for it's large shipbuilding industry and military bases such as the American fleet activities, The bases were in frequent use during the korean war along with another base in Yokosuka. The city is surrounded by a series of islands called kujukushima, and the city itself is the westernmost point of the 4 main islands) and Nagasaki (Once the largest port-town and foreign Trading post of Japan, attracting many nations, notably the dutch east India company. It is also one of the key industrial cities in the late Meiji era, serving as a mass weapons factory for the Japanese empire. Nagasaki was the 2nd city that was destroyed by the atomic bomb, a district of the city, Urakami, was completely obliterated. Nagasaki along with Hiroshima serves today as a symbol of peace and economic relations, teaching the consequences of this deadly weapon)

my city was named the safest city in the US for a while. also, a patriots RB came from my city (shane vereen)

Don't forget about Six Flags Magic Mountain :P

Oh, and the Wipeout set isn't very far from there as well (Disney's Golden Oak Ranch)

Ummm well Idaho...

Potatoes are our main product... and grain

AAAANNNNNDDD Where i live is the world's farthest inland sea port!

Lewiston Idaho... completely landlocked... But by seaport i mean it's nothing to look at since it's a river. that leads to the ocean... quite the number of miles away, so it's basically nothing here in Idaho... kinda lame.

Posted Image