Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you prefer the fandom or canon names?

----------------------

What canon names? There's no poll!

Ok, I infere berryshine for berry punch and Lyra Heartstrings for Lyra, but what about carrot top? what's her cannon name?

And about the previously mentioned. Berrshine is ok, and I always though that the fanon full name for Lyra was Lyra Hearstrings. Wasn't there some debate about her before?

Carrot Top's canon name is Golden Harvest.

In the latest episode, Pinkie called Roseluck Rose. Personally, I think that Roseluck is her name, and Rose is a nickname.

I honestly prefer the fanon names. To me, Derpy will always be Derpy(even though that's official now), DJ PON3 will always be Vinyl Scratch(even though I think of DJ PON3 as her stage name) and Lyra will always be Lyra or Lyra Heartstrings.

I wasn't even aware those ponies had cannon names. I knew Derpy was originally ditzy doo and they changed it back but I've never heard of any other cannon names for those background characters.

They're both great! Depending on who I'm talking to, I'll switch between the two according to their preference, but I personally think of them as lovable Berry Punch, Lyra, and Derpy.

((I guess I would take first priority on Canon names over Fanon names, but there would, of course, be exceptions. For example, Derpy Hooves and Doctor Whooves. Most of the time Hasbro can think of very creative names for their characters, and I would more comfortably take on the names given; I don't really know, it just feels less tense to follow what was given to by the creators.))

It really is a mixed bag for me too. It depends on the pony. Plus I do agree that Hasbro maybe came to late naming the BG ponies, so the fanon names are still stuck with me for half of them. :3 But some canon do sound better in my ears.

Hasbro came late to the party. Shoulda seen the fan names and used 'em like they did Derpy. Lyra sounds cute short and sweet for the character, Berry Punch well I always thought (stupidly) that it was Berry Bunch for some reason and Derpy is..Derpy!

• 3 years later...

I prefer cannon names

No offense but some of the fandom names...i just dont like

Im so glad that the pie sisters werent called inkie and blinkie and whatever

Also glad that minuette wasnt stuck as colgate

Never liked the name derpy..

But some are good i guess

I prefer the canon names over fan ones for the most part, never grew too attached to the ones the fandom made :P

and also, I actually love Minuette compared to Colgate, jus' sayin' :D

• Brohoof 1

I prefer the canon names over fan ones for the most part, never grew too attached to the ones the fandom made :P

and also, I actually love Minuette compared to Colgate, jus' sayin' :D

Exactly!! I am not too attached to fandom names and minuette sounds alot better than colgate

Eh, both of them. 

I prefer the show's Minuette, but like the fandom's Derpy. The pie sisters were given better names in the show, but I hate how they call Vinyl Scratch "DJP0N3" in the show (though technically it's for merch).

It depends. I started using Bulk Biceps instead of Snowflake after he was given his canon name. I mostly prefer fanon names though. Derpy Hooves, Dr Whooves, Bon-Bon, Lyra Heartstrings. I use both of Vinyl Scratch's names since DJ P0N-3 could be her stage name.

Edited by RainbowPastel